Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, I did three tweets.

After you tweet, whaat happens? Is it like a text or e-mial, in that I gotta send it to you guys?

Well, you'll have to excuse me for a few minutes.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Madison sounds like a keeper!!

After you tweet it shows up automatically for everyone that follows you. Think of it as a big message board, but you can only write 140 characters. There are a ton of golf pro's that use twitter all the time, some are pretty interesting. If you follow them then their tweets will show up on your timeline as well.

On an unrelated note we got over a foot of snow today and that officially squashes any chance of golfing outside until next year :angry:

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Richard, she def sounds like a keeper. Sounds like she can give u some putting lessons too. Lol :P

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Thanks. She is. I'm fortunate cuz I coulda really screwed this up. But i'm a fairly quick study & do not make the same mistake twice.LOL

Man, that sux on the snow front. A foot of snow> Wow! i guess winter's upon us :(

Thanx again for helpin me wit the pics. I'll get the one for the Scotty Coronado to ya tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great day

Nite

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Sounds like more than a keeper, bro! Reminds me of my wife -- the rarest of all combinations: beautiful, intelligent and hot for me. Never had all three before...

Good on ya, Richard - and good for her, too -- sounds like she has a keeper as well!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Dude, thanx for the fix!! :P

What's up with the two mid-80s guys shootin 73? seriously Dude, That's frickin ridiculous. I mean I've seen mid-80s guys throw a 76-78 up if they go unconsious, but a 73? Bro, sh*t happens down your way that is outa hand.

Sounds like you're hittin the ball real solid.

Are ya usin the belly?

I pulled mine. Well, I'm not actually playin, however I put my Fastback in the bag. I'll rotate that with my circle T & the Nike Method Midnight 006.

Well, I'm glad that ya got some good golf in. At least one of us is playin

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I have been using the Scotty Kombi S. I came close to switching but I made some really great putts that simply did not fall in the hole. I only had one bad putt and that was not the putters fault. I had a 3'er for birdie and lost all concentration in the backswing. I was thinking we were starting with 2 birdies and we were going to kill them, and then did not make my putt.

As far as the 80's shooters making 73 actually I misspoke. First off it was 5 on 5 playing two balls. There was me, eight guys who shoot 85-90 and one guy who shoots 95. I got the 95 and three of the middle guys on my team and they had 5 middle guys. It was their best guy (85 shooter) and their "worst" guy (90 shooter) who got and stayed hot and shot 13 strokes better than they normally do and the other three guys just shot 5 better than normal. Their team ended up with at least 1 birdie every hole and had two birdies on four holes. On my team, I shot my normal but all pars and one guy was up and down scoring about normal but with birdies and bogeys. The other three guys played like crap and each only contributed to the team one hole. So they beat us by 22 or more. I actually quit calling out the scores when we were down 22 with 8 holes to play. Rather pointless.

That just goes to show that momentum is important in golf. On my team, I missed the 3 foot birdie putt on the first hole (by more than a foot and had a 5'er for par that I made.) I was so pissed at myself and after one of the guys chipped in just before that, if I would have made my putt, we all would have gone to the second hole laughing and happy talking about the chip in and probably would have been different. Instead, I was cursing myself and we were in a down mood.

The other team is high fiving and laughing and really into each other's game and that contributed in my opinion to them having all those birdies. And we are all walking off the greens mad that we can not putt.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Sittin @ airport waitin for flight to NYC..... I hate flying...... I'm scared, hold me....

How do you feel about jumping out of the plane? I am not a fan of heights. I do not really like to fly, and honestly, I do not think I gave that enough thought before I signed up for the paratroopers.

I remember my first jump I was going to be the last one out the door. I was thinking, big deal, all I have to do is follow the guys in front of me and it will be just like being in line at the cafeteria. However, the line did not move fast enough, and instead of being the last guy in the just pass, I was now the first guy in the next pass. And I got to "STAND IN THE DOOR." For those who do not know what that means, the door of the plane is open. The toes of your right foot (in my case) are sticking out of the aircraft, your fingers are outside of the aircraft on either side of the door, and your weight is on you back leg and you are ready to hurl yourself out of the door once the jumpmaster slaps you on the a$$ and yells "GO!" Meanwhile, you are standing there, with a 130 mph breeze and a 2000 foot drop.

When he stopped me from going and I had to wait, I wanted to knock him out of the way and go. I did not want to be the first. I had talked myself into going then I did not want to wait until next time, and I damned sure did not want to "Stand in the Door." That was a view of the Georgia/Alabama woods I still remember vividly. And I had time for more prayers. "Lord, please give me the courage to jump when he says go so that I do not have to go back and tell my family I could not jump. Please just give the courage to go this one time and I promise I will never do it again." Of course, once the chute opened, I promptly forgot that I was not going to do it again. I do not remember praying for safety as much as for the courage to jump. And I had to do that every time. 36 times, I did not want to jump after I had gotten up there and had the same prayer. I also said thanks later on about being without injury.

However, once the parachute opened... I can not describe the feeling and then once you land and can walk away, you are freaking invincible. I truly thought I was the biggest baddest MF ever at those points in my life, of course, automatic weapons also tend to create that illusion. But sadly, once you have landed and can not walk away, you are vincible and the number stopped at 36 and I realized I was not the BBMF I thought I was. Last week, I was on the roof trimming tree limbs and did not like it one bit. I prefer to keep my big feet firmly on the ground or slightly elevated in the prone position.:P

Sittin @ airport waitin for flight to NYC..... I hate flying...... I'm scared, hold me....

Ha Ha! The flying isn't the scary part. When you get the the other end and your clubs don't make it is the scary part! Got home from Florida this summer and no clubs :o !!! They did get them to me thankfully. I had them in a hard case with a heavy cable lock for a bike that wrapped around the case twice just barely long enough to make it. No slack in it and rather difficult to get just right for it to lock. When I got the clubs back, the cable was on there exactly as I had left it. Inside the case was a note that TSA had held them to inspect what was inside. How'd they do that without breaking something? It said they have the authority to break locks to get inside if they need to. But nothing was broken or disturbed from how I left it. Just a note inside! Maybe they cracked it open enough to peek in and poke a sniffer in to check for explosives or something. I don't know. I was just glad they didn't tear anything up.

How do you feel about jumping out of the plane? I am not a fan of heights. I do not really like to fly, and honestly, I do not think I gave that enough thought before I signed up for the paratroopers.

Did that twice, which was enough for me. I like flying, but don't like heights at all. I remember being iffy about the whole heights thing and doing sky diving but it seems there's a point of diminishing returns. Where one is so absurdly high that it stops (at least for me) being a factor.

Agreed though. When you land, you feel invincible. The rock my ankle landed on and twisted from the second time put paid to that idea pretty quick though :lol:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

In civilian parachuting, or even military square chute jumping, you can flare out just before you hit the ground and it slows your decent to almost nothing. With the round T10C or -1B you fall at 22 mph and with the T10C you are moving forward at 10 mph. The theory is that you can turn into the wind with the T10C or pull slip to dump air with the -1B and take out any forward momentum with the wind and land "softer" but you could not over come a 12 mph wind so no peace time jumps with wind above 12 mph.

On a Huey helicopter jump, you sit in the door with you feet on the skids, sort of like riding on the tailgate of a pick up. Once the commands are given, keep in mind they are verbal and visual but you can not hear anything over the noise. But the final jump signal is a slap on the shoulder. We were flying around planning on jumping at 2000 feet but the winds were too high so we were just flying around making circles waiting for the winds. They had given the preparatory commands and I was to be the first out the door so to speak. But I did not know exactly where we were, the next command should have been a go and a slap on my shoulder. The helicopter shook and the guy looses his balance and hit me on the shoulder. And I went out the door.

The chute opens and check the canopy and look for my fellow jumpers and all I see is a helicopter way in the distance and no more jumper, and no drop zone. Trees as far as the eye can see. Not really I could see the drop zone but I was not going anywhere near it. I picked out a nice soft Evergreen to hit and 4 hours later they came along and found me walking towards where I was supposed to be. No injuries, thank god. Help was not nearby.

Hey guys/gals, I'm back in bed w/my feet firmly planted in it! ;) Oh Boy, even with meds, my throat feels like it's on fire. He said it'll be like this for 24-48 hours, then, this too shall pass.

Indeed it shall.

In the meantime, please go watch my favorite music video ever that lines up nicely with that thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Just read a hilarious multiple choice question in GD.

What was the most extravagant acquisition of the year?

a. Phil Mickelson buying part of the San Diego Padres.

b. Bubba Watson buying the General Lee from The Dukes of Hazzard.

c. Ian Poulter taking delivery on a custom Ferrari.

D. KEVIN NA BUYING TIME TO HIT A GOLF BALL!!! :lol:

THAT was a good one!

Indeed it shall.

In the meantime, please go watch my favorite music video ever that lines up nicely with that thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY

I do like a song with a big finish.

Don't feel bad about the math. When I woke up in the recovery room I asked the nurse how long she'd been doing this. She said 14 years, half of her career. I proceeded to say,"So you've been a nurse for 34 years?". She looked at me funny and then I realized my math wasn't quite working yet! <_>

Yep. Thurs or Friday, depending. He said that they got 98%. I looked at him kinda funny with my "I think your full of sh*t" look and reminded him that he said 95-96% on the last procedure, which left 4-5%, and supposedly they got 98% of the 5%.

Normally, I could do the math, but I was buzzed then as I am now,though the thought crossed my mind that he tells everybody "98%." I mean how in the hell do you determine if it's 93% or 96% when you're dealin with a mass this small, & you're basically eyeballin it? I mean. I know he's done thousands, but come on. LOL

That's awesome news. I know that surgeons are about as perfectionist as you can get, but 98% of anything - let alone the remaining 5% - sounds like a good result to me! Super stoked for you Richard - and that you got to spend some time with Madison. There's nothing like a bit of normality, like a walk with your girl, as a bit of a 'pick me up'. This has been quite a big couple of day, yeah?

Actually, in all seriousness, I'm a little nervous bout goin home cuz they've had me on IV synthetic morphine for a week & it'll be a week and a half when I leave.

They probably gonna send me home with Percocets(though they do have diulodid in pill form) and after what I've been on, those are like eatin M&Ms.

They should sorta take you up to max dose then wean ya down & off, though I think outa deference to my father, the surgeon wrote the orders "as needed" ever 4-6 hrs at a set dosage. Well, needless to say, I hit that buzzer at the four hour on the frickin minute mark for as long as I'm awake.

I'm not bein funny, but it is painful, but lets face it, the meds overtake the pain(except for today post-op, man it burns & when I swallow it feels like someone's punching me in the throat). I gotta talk to the doc on Weds.

This could really suck. It's that instant gratification thing.

Oh well, no need worryin bout it tonight. HaHa

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I was in for 9 days on morphine as well as Percocet. They said they wouldn't let me go home until they knew I could handle the pain without it. It's rough I know. I had pretty severe pain for quite a while after getting home. But I did OK without the morphine. I was taking Oxycodone and adding Tylenol to it to make Percocets. I got off as soon as I could take it though. Don't like being on that stuff.

Oh Lord, Ya made it across Canada. That's great! I'm awake now & I'm here for ya B)

Travel safe & God Speed!

Fiarways & Greens 4ever

Across? Toronto's like half way :P

Said by someone originally from Halifax

No WD, if Ida written that, that would have be at least two paragraphs of superlatives, at least..LMAO

We knew it wasn't you because it wasn't a double/triple post :lol:

Is your computer/phone "off limits" to your spouse/significant other, and if so, would you feel violated if they went into it, even if it was purely innocent, such as Madison with mine?

I'm like you and of the opinion there is no room for secrets in relationships. It's not like she pretended to be you and fished for info about your past, she was just saying hi and trying to be part of what you enjoy, which is a good sign IMO.

Plus reading a public forum is a bit different than your personal email or voicemail messages..that would probably be crossing the line for me.

Lookin at a map on my iPhone it looked like a long way.LOL

BTW, I really like the new Tuna pic.

That's sweet

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Glad you liked the video. It's a catchy song, but the video is ace. It's fun enough that I find it cheering.

It's not a short way. It's a good 5 hour flight from Vancouver to Toronto. Then it's about another 3 hours to St John's if you go all the way.

And yeah, we don't really share computers.

Also if I was your IT guy, given the info you have on there, I'd be setting an auto lock on it heh.

Same here Richard, my wife and I do not hide anything from each other including our mail, mobile phones, computers, email, texts etc etc. She had more of a porn collection than I did when we met. cool.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I agree. My wife knows all of my passwords etc anyway! We just have the one computer in the house and she can look at whatever she likes. I don't have a problem with Jenna having my passwords because I trust that she wouldnt snoop. She could, but I'm confident she wouldn't.

Archived