Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

The nacho cheese flavoring was a reference to Taco Bell's nacho cheese taco shell.

I'm really striking out with my references today :huh:

Also, last time I was in Texas (I have family in the Houston area), I was shocked that there were no good burrito joints. It turns out burritos aren't really Mexican, but something came people came up with in the US.

If you come to Dallas, I will take you to one. It is not a "burrito joint" per se, but they do offer them, and the are made with beef tips that are cooked all day and very tender. Sort of a Mexican Stew in a flour tortilla with chili con carne or sour cream sauce on it. Unlike anything you have probably ever had.

There is Mexican and Tex-Mex. They are not the same. But I am sure that it is not all clam chowder and baked beans in Boston either.

However, Tex-Mex could be described as 87 ways to cook ground beef, cheese, and tortillas. But all of them really good IMO.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'alls need to come on over to New MEXICO for some real green chile and the local food. It's not Mexican like you get in Mexico (much more flavor than that) or Tex-Mex. After eating the "Mexican" food here, most people don't even try to get it anywhere out of the state because it doesn't compare. The "breakfast burrito" was actually invented at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. A lot of it can be pretty hot though. Some people who aren't used to that don't dig it quite as much. But the flavor is great and unique to the state for some reason. Probably mostly because the local chile is not grown anywhere else. But even the way the dishes are made is different.

If you come to Dallas, I will take you to one. It is not a "burrito joint" per se, but they do offer them, and the are made with beef tips that are cooked all day and very tender. Sort of a Mexican Stew in a flour tortilla with chili con carne or sour cream sauce on it. Unlike anything you have probably ever had.

There is Mexican and Tex-Mex. They are not the same. But I am sure that it is not all clam chowder and baked beans in Boston either.

However, Tex-Mex could be described as 87 ways to cook ground beef, cheese, and tortillas. But all of them really good IMO.

I'll have to take you up on that someday. I can't remember the last time I had real Tex Mex. We usually just ate a lot of bbq when we went down there. The one thing I do really miss is the gumbo though. I don't even remember the restaurant, but I've yet to taste anything like it outside of Texas (I assume Louisiana too, but I've never been)

Y'alls need to come on over to New MEXICO for some real green chile and the local food. It's not Mexican like you get in Mexico (much more flavor than that) or Tex-Mex. After eating the "Mexican" food here, most people don't even try to get it anywhere out of the state because it doesn't compare. The "breakfast burrito" was actually invented at the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. A lot of it can be pretty hot though. Some people who aren't used to that don't dig it quite as much. But the flavor is great and unique to the state for some reason. Probably mostly because the local chile is not grown anywhere else. But even the way the dishes are made is different.

I LOVE spicy food, so this sounds good to me! If you like spicy though, I can't say I've ever had anything spicier than real Thai food, even in comparison to Texan chili. Most real Thai places won't even make it proper spicy unless a Thai person is ordering though.

I think I need to travel more in the US :)

Ah Dude, when I get down there, we gotta hit a texMex place. My favorite!

Guys, I'm watchin the Big Break & it's the after show with Breen & the guy just cut, who happens to be the runner-up as they were down to the final two.

Anyway this guy use a split hand(left hand at top of shaft, right down by the end of grip right on metal. I think that he calls it a "saucer pass" stroke. If I misheard, please correct me. Anyway, he takes it back, keeping the club on the ground or barely, and I do mean barely, off of the ground and his "backswing" is about 12-24" depending on the length of the shot required.

Bazzarest damn thing I've ever seen, yet he was over the pin. Did any of you guys watch him on BB(I rarely watch the show) or know about this shot or technique? I mean, what the hell?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

This is the grip that I wrote about in the Hockey grip to stop chili dips or something like that thread. I watched Big Break but I have not watched all of them. That guy that uses that grip is also the one who was on youtube making incredible chips and pitches with that split hand grip, or hockey grip. I use that sometimes around the green. It makes chili dips and blades damned near impossible.

Ah Dude, when I get down there, we gotta hit a texMex place. My favorite!

Guys, I'm watchin the Big Break & it's the after show with Breen & the guy just cut, who happens to be the runner-up as they were down to the final two.

Anyway this guy use a split hand(left hand at top of shaft, right down by the end of grip right on metal. I think that he calls it a "saucer pass" stroke. If I misheard, please correct me. Anyway, he takes it back, keeping the club on the ground or barely, and I do mean barely, off of the ground and his "backswing" is about 12-24" depending on the length of the shot required.

Bazarest damn thing I've ever seen, yet he was over the pin. Did any of you guys watch him on BB(I rarely watch the show) or know about this shot or technique? I mean, what the hell?

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I found several videos he did on it. Believe it or not, he demonstrated it from 60 yds out! Never seen it before.

Very obscure reference to barbajo's company name vs the food. They're spelled the same but pronounced differently. Unfortunately, only one comes nacho cheese flavored.

Since you brought it up and it is one of the many useless things that I know I will tell you the story of the nacho. In 1943, several Americans arrived at the Victory Club in Eagle Pass, Texas after the kitchen had closed. The cook Ignacio "Nacho" Anaya decided to make them a snack. But all he had was some tortillas and cheese. So he cut the tortillas into triangles, fried them, and put a slice of cheese on it and served it with a jalapeno on top.

When asked what to call them, he said he did not know, so Mamie Fanin (apparently one of the people who had them) called them "Nachos Especiales". October 21st is International Nacho Day and is celebrated by eating Nachos. Also, there is a Nacho Festival in Piedras Negra Mexico. Nacho Anayas' home town.

This may be a trivia question some day, however, the story was told on the cooking channel a few weeks ago.

I posted it while you were typing it looks like Richard.

Thanks Blade, I was typing the history of Nachos.:lol: I could not remember that it was a Kikkor but I did remember it was a golf shoe on a moving skateboard that was the most impressive. He kicked ass in the Big Breaks Tic Tac Toe, and I think with the bonus points on the first show he broke the glass in -15 second. The time started when you hit the ball, and to hit the longest one you got 15 seconds off you time and the clock never moved.

Very obscure reference to barbajo's company name vs the food. They're spelled the same but pronounced differently. Unfortunately, only one comes nacho cheese flavored.

Pretty simple -- Tacos are for eatin', Taco is for heatin'....

The 2nd one is pronounced "Tay-co" and is short for "Thermal Appliance Company." First product in 1920 was a side-arm water heater for boilers - to make domestic hot water. Worked well -- actually, too well. The water was unbelievably hot, which led to our second product, the tempering valve. The tempering valve was too small to have "Thermal Appliance Company" cast into the body, so it had to be shorted to "TACO."

I do, however, get junk mail sent to me that references by employer as "Taco Bell."

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thank a lot Blade. This is frickin incredible. He won that chipping/pitching challenge in the show & he was stuffin em.

Wow!

Thanx again

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Right before you brought it up I read a post asking if it's legal on a golf video tip. I've never seen the show you're talking about so I had to look it up. I bet it catches on with average guys that can't chip (like my father-in-law I told you about, he'll either chunk or blade it and even with good contact, usually send it over the green from swinging way too hard at it). <_ i sure it won be deemed illegal unless a few guys on tour decide they like and win src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_rolleyes.gif" alt=":rolleyes:"> Seems like most guys would be ashamed to resort to that, but you never know I guess.

I'm gonna have to break down and get cable one of these days! I've stubbornly refused to pay for something that can waste so much time. I do wish I had golf channels and a few others though.

A: It's snowed overnight and is continuing to do so. I'm incredibly unimpressed since I wanted to golf this weekend.

B:

Thank a lot Blade. This is frickin incredible. He won that chipping/pitching challenge in the show & he was stuffin em.

Wow!

Thanx again

Fairways & Greens 4ever

FWIW I have actually gotten in a round with them. It's crazy how good he is with that shot and his explination is pretty interesting as well. Hope his shoe company keeps doing well.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

USGA Rule 14-1. Ball To Be Fairly Struck At

The ball must be fairly struck at with the head of the club and must not be pushed, scraped or spooned.

I guess while he's scraping the ground up to the ball, he's not "scraping" the ball itself? Interesting idea, especially considering how accurate he is with it! I tried it a little bit just chipping a ball onto the couch off the carpet last night. It takes a lot more energy from your body and arms to get enough speed to do it. I didn't feel like I would be able to control it nearly as much as my normal chip, especially whether I want a high soft shot or low runner. But then again, that's the first time I had seen it or tried it.

I had forgotten exactly what the title was but here is the thread from long ago.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/4938-stop-chili-dips-with-a-happy-gilmore-hockey-grip/

I had not seen this when I originally thought it up and had come up with it because two of me friends were horrible chippers and pitchers. By the way, last year at this time they could not break 100 this last week end both shot in the low 80's. One is consistently getting better and the other is a head case. He will shoot in the low 80's a couple of times and make one bad shot and start changing things, He will get to high 90's again, and just when you have decided he will never hit a good shot again, he will go on some birdie and par tear and act like he is Tiger Woods. Then fall apart again.

• SPY VIP

This thread is making me hungry. NACHOS!

Anyways that saucer pass chipping is something I gotta try, chipping is not my weak point but I'll try it if I can get even better.

SPOILER ALERT:

It was sad to see our local boy James lose in the finale of the Break

Lastly.... We have SNOW! As Tuna said golf is on hold for a bit, but the thought of a White Christmas is gaining traction.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

• SPY VIP

BTW this article was a great read and laugh. Had to really rethink a few of my favorite movies.

Spoiler alert if you haven't seen any of the following films (by now you should have!):

Return of the Jedi

The Matrix

Captain America

Children of Men

Jurassic Park 2

Jaws

http://www.cracked.com/article_20163_6-terrible-plans-in-movies-that-just-sort-work-out.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

To our Canadian Bretheren: In reading Craig "The Walrus" Stadler's book, "I Am The Walrus, Confessions Of A Blue Collar Golfer," he said that though he loved playing in Canada(said that the people were the friendliest of anywhere he played, period), being the lager chugging swill that he was and is, he hated it that he couldn't get a beer on Sunday afternoon following the finish of the tournament.

Is this Sunday ban still in effect? If so, is it nationwide, or is it a provincial thing?

Thanks

Fairways & Greens 4ever

City/Municipality/course dependant.

For example, stores (mostly) in Nova Scotia aren't open on Sunday's while they are here in Vancouver. I actually remember that a year or two back, Boxing day fell on a Sunday so boxing day in NS and other area's was actually pushed back a day as well.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Is Elsinore you guys beer of choice, eh?

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Crazy thing is I usually walk so the Staff bag doesn't get a ton of use, typically use a sun mountain swift x. It is a sweet sweet bag though, love showing it off when I ride.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Totally off topic, if that is possible here, and this is bordering on political, but all of the politicians are proposing all this crap to stop more school shootings. Clearly, there is nothing that the government could have done. The school was locked, and he shot his way in. He destroyed his computers before he did it. It was done with legal weapons but if he would not have those it would have been illegal weapons. His mother knew he had problems but she was the first to pay, with her life. He chose a grade school because his victims were too small to fight back.

There was nothing that could have been done other than arming the teachers.

This is so reactionary to me. Between 2006 and 2010 774 people were killed by a mass killer but 156 of these were not cause by firearms. That is 20% that were killed by stabbing, fire or other weapons. Granted that is still 618 killed by gunshot, but that is less than 1 percent of all homicides. These are tragic but let's be realistic about this. This guy was crazy. He planned this out in advance. Picked innocent targets too small to fight back. And Attacked, no other word for it, when he felt the conditions were right.

Certainly, his mother is guilty by negligence, but perhaps his father is also guilty. It seems like somebody other than his mom knew there were some issues. I can see problems with this line of reasoning, but no more than any of the many other reactionary responses.

Clearly, there is nothing that the government could have done.

100% disagree.

When it's easier to get weapons then get treated for mental health issues, these situations will always be possible.

I'm not pro nor con guns. That's not my concern here at all. However I find it frankly appalling how various places (and I'm not singling out the US here. It applies to a great many locations) treat those with mental illness.

Totally off topic, if that is possible here, and this is bordering on political, but all of the politicians are proposing all this crap to stop more school shootings. Clearly, there is nothing that the government could have done. The school was locked, and he shot his way in. He destroyed his computers before he did it. It was done with legal weapons but if he would not have those it would have been illegal weapons. His mother knew he had problems but she was the first to pay, with her life. He chose a grade school because his victims were too small to fight back.

There was nothing that could have been done other than arming the teachers.

This is so reactionary to me. Between 2006 and 2010 774 people were killed by a mass killer but 156 of these were not cause by firearms. That is 20% that were killed by stabbing, fire or other weapons. Granted that is still 618 killed by gunshot, but that is less than 1 percent of all homicides. These are tragic but let's be realistic about this. This guy was crazy. He planned this out in advance. Picked innocent targets too small to fight back. And Attacked, no other word for it, when he felt the conditions were right.

Certainly, his mother is guilty by negligence, but perhaps his father is also guilty. It seems like somebody other than his mom knew there were some issues. I can see problems with this line of reasoning, but no more than any of the many other reactionary responses.

Sadly children are dead and there are no words or actions that will bring them back.

I do not believe that gun control would have prevented this tragedy nor will gun control implemented in the near future prevent the next lunatic from killing.

In Australia, since the Port Arthur massacre and subsequent knee jerk political vote grabbing reaction the number of illegal weapons has risen significantly and the majority of homicides committed with a firearm are illegally obtained as was the situation at Port Arthur.

Unfortunately it takes a single event like this to polarise a nation and to highlight the inadequacies in the support systems provided to a community by government agencies. Sadly the real reasons for this tragedy will not get the same attention as gun control.

It is impossible for us to protect our children every minute of the day and the parents of the children in Newtown will question themselves for the rest of their lives.

Gun control is not the answer unless you remove every single firearm from society, both legal and illegal. But this will still not stop the killing, it will just stop them from using a firearm to commit the crime.

I mean no disrespect to the families of the Newtown and send my condolences as a father of 5 to the parents who have lost a child.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Archived