Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, actually this is the thread to let your inner child run free and your pettiness perculate to the surface & vomit upon the pages. Yep, you're at the right place.

Nope, it was only a matter of time before the team's performance and record showed the fact that the men walkin out the door were of much higher ability than those walkin in.

Last year's retirees & end-of-the-caree cuts were brutal. You can't lose who they lost and just say, "oh we're the Pittsburgh Steelers, someone always steps up." Not this year.

But one thing that I know, sure as I know my name. The Steelers will be back in a year or two. As long as you've got one of the 4-5 best QBs in the game, you gotta chance, and one of the top owners in the game, you've always gotta chance.

And Rick, this isn't directed at you however except for Jones' first couple of teams, which weren't "his" teams or his coach, he or his teams haven't done sh*t, except be mediocre & underperform.

Romo is just a nicer, better lookin & classier version of San Diego's QB. Neither one has ever one "The" game that they had to win, and I'm not talkin Super Bowl. Forget that game. LMAO. Neither one's ever gonna play in it, much less win it. LOL

But yea, along your point, the Steelers suck this year.

:-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Actually, I love Romo, and believe that when the other team puts you on you @$$ 7 to 12 times a week, you do stupid things sometimes to keep it from happening again. I used to be a huge Cowboy fan but until the trade the owner, I am just a passing fan. The game was on at the club and I watched part of it and cheered for the Cowboys, but only because the Bartenderess was from Pittsburgh and was wearing her Steelers T Shirt, and Jacket, and was into every play like her mortal soul depended on the out come. I left during half time and forgot it was on when I got home and had to look up the outcome. I just thought I would mention it to you because I am sure you care more than me.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

And FWIW, I hate those kinda fans, whether they're Steeler fanss or not. She probably can't even spell Pittsburgh correctly. LOL

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

We should probably never watch a New England game together, then...

My wife says I take it too personally. As usual, she's probably right. I do, however, wear normal clothing during most games. The Grogan throwback only comes out on special occasions...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I don't know about the NFC, but over the past 5 years, Ben hass been in the top three in the AFC for gettin sacked & "hurried," and he too sometimes does stupid sh*t B)

And FWIW, I hate those kinda fans, whether they're Steeler fanss or not. She probably can't even spell Pittsburgh correctly. LOL

Fairways & Greens 4ever

She may not be able to spell it. I would not be surprised but that does not change the fact that it is her hometown. :D

We should probably never watch a New England game together, then...

My wife says I take it too personally. As usual, she's probably right. I do, however, wear normal clothing during most games. The Grogan throwback only comes out on special occasions...

LOL, my thoughts exactly! My son is the only one of us who wears Patriots tee shirts, but when we lived in an apartment in 2008, I woke up the little girl in the apartment downstairs during that dark period in Pats history we prefer not to directly reference. I'm pretty sure her dad helped though.

LOL, my thoughts exactly! My son is the only one of us who wears Patriots tee shirts, but when we lived in an apartment in 2008, I woke up the little girl in the apartment downstairs during that dark period in Pats history we prefer not to directly reference. I'm pretty sure her dad helped though.

Dark days? I remember going to Fenway Park with the Cub Scouts in 1968 and watching the Mike Talliferro-led Patriots lose to the Dolphins, and then going the next year to Alumni Field at BC to see them lose to the Dolphins again in a monsoon....and seeing them at Harvard Stadium with Joe Kapp at QB losing to the Vikings...and then the first year at Schaefer Stadium seeing them beat Houston behind Jim Plunkett...

We cant forget the Mark Wilson era, or the Hugh Millen era, or the Tommy Hodson era...I think the Brady era is cosmic justice for a lot of years of really bad football.

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Dark days? I remember going to Fenway Park with the Cub Scouts in 1968 and watching the Mike Talliferro-led Patriots lose to the Dolphins, and then going the next year to Alumni Field at BC to see them lose to the Dolphins again in a monsoon....and seeing them at Harvard Stadium with Joe Kapp at QB losing to the Vikings...and then the first year at Schaefer Stadium seeing them beat Houston behind Jim Plunkett...

We cant forget the Mark Wilson era, or the Hugh Millen era, or the Tommy Hodson era...I think the Brady era is cosmic justice for a lot of years of really bad football.

I have vague recollections of the Pat Patriot uniform days, but I didn't really get into football until Parcells took over. Back then, we didn't have the overblown expectations we do now.

All we can hope for is Brady's career goes on for another 60 someodd years :lol:

That's the one! And he's the same Joe Kapp that tried to beat up an old rival a couple of years ago -- both men were in their 70's at the time. After Joe led the Vikes to the Super Bowl in '69, he couldn't agree on a contract and Billy Sullivan signed him to be the franchise savior in 1970. Didn't work out...

In those days, the Pats were quite the sideshow...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The video don't lie;

http://youtu.be/GkknB8a3nCs

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The curse of YouTube..

First football game I ever attended - in 1968!

http://youtu.be/N3Dwl-qhw8Y?t=8m18s

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

In one of their earliest games, a fan ran into the end zone to bat down an opponent's last-play, game-tying touchdown pass attempt. The fan then retreated, vanishing into the crowd with a Patriots victory assured.

Haha, thanks for that link Barbajo (does that rhyme with Taco or Taco?). I'm going to have to read the whole thing later

and then, in 1973, I was born :P

And then when you were in grade 7 I was born :P :P

What ez dis football you keep speaking ofz? It's fùtbol. How about moi Barcelona eh?

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Dude, You're killin me. Literally, LMAO. I'm sittin here in a recliner gettin my radiation(the tell me to recline and relax, yea right..lol)& I read this and ya brought back memoeies that even dead brain cells can't erase!

Man, Joe Kapp was my favorite offensive player and because of him I started following the CFL, startin likin the Pats & generally started on the road to manhood that brings us to me sittin in this damn chair.LOL

Seriously, I thought that he was gonna take the Pats to the promised land!! Oh well, He left a great trail in Canada & with the Vikes!

HaHa, the nurse just came over and asked me if everything's ok cuz I was laughin. I mean, they told me to think "happy thoughts." What the hell? B)

Anyway, thanks for makin me laugh Bro! :P :P

Hope you have those happy thoughts!

If you want to smile again, rewatch the Kapp vs. Vikes video and watch the tackle Kapp makes after throwing a pick. Now THAT was a football play!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Haha, thanks for that link Barbajo (does that rhyme with Taco or Taco?). I'm going to have to read the whole thing later

Here's that play -- guy comes out of the stands to break up the play in the end zone. Gotta love it!!!

http://youtu.be/CqbEwDHX3q0

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Ok, a little story about the priest who I sold the Tour Issue MB1s(Adams) to yesterday(He's a 6 HDCP, must be nice ;) ). Anyway, in the begining of September our club championships begin. It's 6HDCP and below, played offa scratch & the first Saturday is an 18 hole medal with the top 32 advancing(57 teed off) to a match play format down to a foursome who then play a Saturday-Sunday 36 hole medal final.

We play the blues, but they're literally put right in front of the tips, so we're really playin the tips. It's funny cuz 3 guys didn't break 100 & 9 guys didn't break 90.LMAO. And these are GHIN 6s and below. The one guy, who's a new member and brought a 4HDCP over, shot a 101. LMAO It's funny what the scores are when ya gotta play it down & putt it out. LOL

Anyway, I had third low score(73 behind a 69 & a 72(Par 71)), though I sorta got screwed on the draw cuz the top two had the easiest path to the quarters. So be it. Anyway, I blew by my first guy 6&5 to get to 16. Next, I hadda past club champ who winters in FLA and comes North in April. He's 64, but he's a machine, probably like RK, 240 yd drive on a string all day and his short game is magic, and he's a true class act. One of the Best. So we play a gentleman's game, no games.

So, we're square after 18 & on the third play off hole, I pull one outa my *ss and sink about a 45-48' punch/chip from the fringe. Game over. Oh well, better me than him.

So I made the 8. My next opponent is a true "country club prick." Rude, arrogant, self-centered, a platinum spoon baby and just the kind that I take great pride in just humaliating. Not beating. Humiliating. I know, I got issues. I'm workin on 'em, and I think Madison's gonna really help me in this area. B)

Plus, he's the grandson of the founder of one of the world's(yea, this is correct) most prominent financial services firms. And yes, he's in the company. Won't ever get the top job, partly cuz it took him 8 years and three colleges to get a piece of paper(True!!) and mostly cuz he's an idiot, but it doesn't matter cuz he could buy me and 98% of the members with his pocket change. Seriously.

So I'm walkin through the locker room havin gone through my pre-round routine waitin for my 9:08am tee time when I pass the isle with his locker in it. I look over and I see him on his knees and this priest standing over him with his hands on his shoulders. Now I try to be a good catholic & a good person, and I've prayed before every sporting event that I've ever played, going back to HS, when I first remember clergy bein in our locker room(football).

However, I have never ever asked God to help me to be victorious, ever. Only asked him to keep me and my teammates and opponents safe & to allow me to perform my best. That's all. After that, let the chips fall.

So the last words I hear the priest say are, " Lord, please guide _ _ _ _ _ to victory today." Well, you guys know me, I hadda stop. :D The priest turns around and _ _ _ _ _ looks up at me and I smile and step into the isle next to the priest & I lean into _ _ _ _ _' _

space and say, "Dude, it ain't gonna be the big guy hittin the ball today, it's just gonna be you & me." I stood, looking the priest in the eyes and said to him, "Bro, you better round up the 12 appostles, cuz he's gonna need every last one of 'em." I winked at him, turned and left. We met on the first tee and the Father was standing next to his bag. I walked up to him & said, so all could hear,"that's fine if ya wanna walk the fairways, but ya don't stand on the tee, and ya don't open your mouth or I'm callin ya for assisting him durin play." I waited for him to step back off of the tee, then I stepped up a laced one. Game on.

Long story short, I smoked him 6&5. He's actually a nice player, but he's soft & never does much in match play. Anyway, on #3, a par 5, I hadda bout an 8'er for bird & ya know when you just have that feelin, you just KNOW it's goin in? I looked over to Father, who was standin next to a greenside trap and I said, again loud enough for the 50-60 people followin us also standin around the green, "Father, this one's for Peter," and I stepped up and ran it centre cup. I looked at Father and winked. It was kinda cute, cuz when I walked over to hand my caddy my putter, he asked,"who's Peter?" :)

Two holes later, a 214yd par 3, I had that feeling, and I was hittin the ball well, though it went beyond that. I KNEW. I looked over at Father and said, "Hey Father, this one's for John." I stepped up and laced my hybrid to 10'. I did make the putt, though I didn't have that feeling so I said nothing. My bro, who was walking along the rough, said that I shoulda said a name after my putt, but it's not the same, sorta like callin a homer after ya hit it.

Well, on #9, I hadda bout an 8'er again for bird, and again, this feeling just came over me, and I turned and said to Father, "this bad boy's for Paul." And well, ya know how that one went.

So, for nine holes the Father shadowed us, inside of the people following us, who stayed back on the edge of the fairways and behind the greenside traps, where as Father was on the edge of the green. But as I stepped up to hit my tee shot on #10, I saw Father walking up the fairway with everyone else. And he stayed with everyone else until I closed the spoon baby out on #13. Normally we play in,reagardless of the hole it ends on, however it's the victor's call, and for the first time in 4 years, I said, "let's take it in, I got stuff I gotta do."

I wanted him to make that walk. The walk that a loser makes.LMAO. You'd have to know him. 98% of you woulda done the same thing. So, as we're walkin up, the Father says to me, "You played well today though I can't help but think that my actions & words inspired you," and he patted me on the back. I smiled, and having come outa my zone, I thanked him and said honestly & accurately, "Father, I don't need you or any else to get me "juiced" to play, though just between you and me, unless one of the 12 are scratch, they wouldn't have done a damn thing for _ _ _ _ _ today." He laughed and patted me on my back and walked back towards the group that he was walking with.

But, between you guys and me, his little pre-round prayer did piss me off and his standing on the first tee like he was playin did probably cause me to take it up a notch. Who knows.

Oh yea, I ended up placin 2nd with a score of 139(-3) to a college kid who hadda 138(-4).

But, my quarter finals match was one of my top 3 ever, probably third, as far as my favorite wins. To beat a platinum spoon baby & a priest at the same time, well, at least for me, it don't get any better!!

Thanx for reading

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Fantastic story!! Very enjoyable reading Richard!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

(does that rhyme with Taco or Taco?). :lol:

I have been drinking so I may not be firing on all cylinders but is this not the same word?????

MoM reign will come to an end soon, but the schwag keeps comin!

temporary-102.jpg

Damn those are good looking, T told me they did not have them in a double extra fat size.

and then, in 1973, I was born :P

I skipped school and smoked my first cigarette. However, apparently, my father had also skipped school at some point and smoked his first cigarette, so when I got home, he asked what I did that day. Apparently, my answer did not cut the mustard and I did not smoke my second cigarette until I was in my 20's. I have only smoked about 10 cigarettes in my life, so it was a memorable experience being 9 and caught smoking was.....memorable. Did not kiss my first girl until December 5, 1976.

Oops, Lady Jane said this morning that she was working today and then had Tae Kwon Do and would not be home until 9. Dinner was "Bangers and Mashed" (Ekridge Sausage and Mashed potatoes in American), it was in the fridge and I was on my own. I was at the club at 9 am and got home at 6:30. She got home at 6:15 and was curious whyI was not at home. It seems my excuse, while believable, was not what she wanted to hear. My excuse was, since you were not at home, I decided to stay and drink some more. Should I have had a better excuse?:lol:

Edit: As long as I tell the truth and am not doing anything too wrong I know I am not in serious trouble. Tell a lie and trust in the relationship is shot.

• SPY VIP

Oops, Lady Jane said this morning that she was working today and then had Tae Kwon Do and would not be home until 9. Dinner was "Bangers and Mashed" (Ekridge Sausage and Mashed potatoes in American), it was in the fridge and I was on my own. I was at the club at 9 am and got home at 6:30. She got home at 6:15 and was curious whyI was not at home. It seems my excuse, while believable, was not what she wanted to hear. My excuse was, since you were not at home, I decided to stay and drink some more. Should I have had a better excuse?:lol:

Edit: As long as I tell the truth and am not doing anything too wrong I know I am not in serious trouble. Tell a lie and trust in the relationship is shot.

Seems legit to me!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

The wife came home early and found me napping on the couch. I am sure you are shocked, but we are now watching The Voice. The just did Rock n Roll All Night by KISS. Of course, being of the 1977 vintage, Lady Jane is not familiar with KISS. I told that I bought the KISS Destroyer album with money I earned from mowing the yard and my dad threw a hard fit. He was not impressed with there stage outfits. He took the record and listened to it before he gave it back to me. He never said that he liked it but I know he liked the music just not the "Freaks" who made it. By comparison, Kiss is pretty tame to modern bands.

Dude, I'm dead ass sober, but I thought maybe it's an eastern US thing, and WD bein the guy that he is I just figured it was me and I was missin somethin but I counted the words three times and came up with the same number, so yea, I too was perplexed!

;-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I've had a short nap and still do not have a clue.

Very obscure reference to barbajo's company name vs the food. They're spelled the same but pronounced differently. Unfortunately, only one comes nacho cheese flavored.

Ok, now I understand, sorta. I went back and read it several times trying to see what I missed. And since you are from the Boston area, I will not jump on you because taco and nacho flavors are not near the same.favors but while I am sure you are a baked beans expert, you probably do not get much Tex-Mex, I mean real Tex-Mex up there.

Ok, now I understand, sorta. I went back and read it several times trying to see what I missed. And since you are from the Boston area, I will not jump on you because taco and nacho flavors are not near the same.favors but while I am sure you are a baked beans expert, you probably do not get much Tex-Mex, I mean real Tex-Mex up there.

The nacho cheese flavoring was a reference to Taco Bell's nacho cheese taco shell.

I'm really striking out with my references today :huh:

Also, last time I was in Texas (I have family in the Houston area), I was shocked that there were no good burrito joints. It turns out burritos aren't really Mexican, but something came people came up with in the US.

Archived