Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to go back and get caught up on this thread but just thought I'd check in and let ya'll know we're safe and sound.

Safe and Sound? Hell, I thought you were going to NYC.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Richard, I thought it was strange for the nurse to be going into your computer. But I thought Madison's note was about as sweet as it gets! That was cool.

I agree, Madison was good, nurse was bad.

(I deleted the comments I made about the "bad nurse") for those of you whose spouses come along and read these.)

Is your computer/phone "off limits" to your spouse/significant other, and if so, would you feel violated if they went into it, even if it was purely innocent, such as Madison with mine?

fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Not off limits at all here. We both know all each others passwords and such. The only general guideline we follow is be careful what you look at around the holidays. Don't want to get/give any hints about what's coming for gifts :)

Also I think that nurse was completely out of line. if you left your wallet on the table would it be ok to dig through that and see how much money is there, what credit cards you have, if there are any pictures, any receipts? I don't think so, it's not OK to dig around someone's personal stuff without some sort of existing relationship that involves a certain level of trust.

That's a huge bat signal flare in the sky to stay away from that girl, she's going to be insecure and crazy in a relationship.

Madison's move on the other hand is completely acceptable to me. You have a relationship and level of trust with her and that's the difference.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I need to go back and get caught up on this thread but just thought I'd check in and let ya'll know we're safe and sound.

temporary-95.jpg

Nice picture!! Hope you guys have a great time in NYC, drop in with more cool pictures!

Any must visit golf stores in Manhattan?

Another pic. Empire State from hotel room window.

temporary-97.jpg

Dude, that looks like a scene from Batman or something! Waiting for the Caped Crusader to come swinging around the building on his rope or something. Is that a bat shaped spotlight in the clouds? Ha ha! :lol:

Must be the resolution of the pic. But it looks almost painted.

Just be glad you weren't there to get introduced to Sandy!!!

• SPY VIP

Dude, great pic, as is the other one. What are ya takin 'em with?

BTW, what are we doin for chow tonight?

I'm famished!! B)

Have fun. Be safe!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

These are all camera phone so hot best quality. Wait til we get back and post from the good camera.

BTW we got our picture on Macy's Santa lap today!

Diner time! Check in later.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Any must visit golf stores in Manhattan?

Another pic. Empire State from hotel room window.

temporary-97.jpg

New York Golf Center should be close. Looks pretty cool and it says they have a Miura fitting cart :) Just from reading their description of their custom shop I already want to visit!!

Bro, what the hell? LMAO!!

Irons in the bag

Back-up irons

Irons "on the way"

LMAO :D

This isn't directed to you HM, but all you other guys who crack on my about my "collection," well, all I'm sayin is, I'm not alone!! ;)

I'm just glad that there's someone else who believes, as I obviously do, that you can never have too many irons(or drivers, hybrids, FMs, wedges & putters..LOL), for whenever the need may arise for a switch.

Believe me, there's no worse feeling than going to the closet for another set of irons & upon opening the door, there is nothing there but air.

Very bad feeling!! :(

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Ha ha...3 sets seems like a good number :)

Still only one driver and one hybrid for me though. Now I just need to figure out my putter situation. I sold a few this year and got down to only using one until the last month of the season. Since then tried lefty (didn't work) and a belly (not for me). Now it's on to the search for the higher MOI mallet. I still need to get out and demo the Spider's. I've been carpet putting with a Snake Eyes SV1 I built a year or so ago and it feels pretty good, but I still need a change.

These are all camera phone so hot best quality. Wait til we get back and post from the good camera.

BTW we got our picture on Macy's Santa lap today!

Diner time! Check in later.

I thought it looked cool. That could be on a post card!

• SPY VIP

New York Golf Center should be close. Looks pretty cool and it says they have a Miura fitting cart :) Just from reading their description of their custom shop I already want to visit!!

Stumbled upon it today. Brief walk through but really cool for a midtown golf store. Lotta cool clubs in their used rack, guessing because all the wall streeters shop there.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Stumbled upon it today. Brief walk through but really cool for a midtown golf store. Lotta cool clubs in their used rack, guessing because all the wall streeters shop there.

What did you buy me? :P

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Better, I can swallow, though I'm still on a "soft" diet. I'm 98%(LOL) sure that I'm goin home tomorrow. thanx for askin! :)

How bout you? Performing all of the required daily functions minus pain?

When's your post-op appointment?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Just went yesterday. I was worried I had pulled something from sneezing cuz it's been bugging me more than it was. He said it's holding together fine though and should be back to normal in a couple weeks. I was glad to hear that.

Glad the pain is starting to ease up in your throat. I can't stand a sore throat from being sick. Can't imagine how bad it must be from surgery and a laser! Good to hear you should be headed home though. Although I remember when I was there. It was where I wanted to be! Not cuz I liked it. But because I knew there was no way I could handle the pain at home. So yeah, once you can deal with that, get the heck outta there!

• SPY VIP

Better, I can swallow, though I'm still on a "soft" diet. I'm 98%(LOL) sure that I'm goin home tomorrow. thanx for askin! :)

How bout you? Performing all of the required daily functions minus pain?

When's your post-op appointment?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I can't wait till you're clear of all this. Until then enjoy your ice cream, they must be giving ya ice cream!

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

LOL that is hilarious and of course that made me look at the top of MY page...

Oh man - maybe the Mayans are right - only a few days left!!

How did they know I was addicted to golf!Screen Shot 2012-12-12 at 12.01.43 PM.png

Pretty morbid stuff...

This keeps popping up for me along the top, so I figured I better post it in case you missed it. :P

So Richard, you and your talk about your fg59s and different Mizuno sets is giving me the bug to try another set. Dang it!!! :rolleyes: Not that I'm unhappy with what I have by a long shot. I love 'em. I wish I had kept my fg59s. But I also like the idea of a nice player's cavity. I won't even look at something with a big wide sole and cheap badges glued to the back etc. Yuk!

Anyway, you gotta know more about Mizzy stuff than anyone I know. What are your suggestions? If I get a second set in the next few months, I think I would like to try Mizuno. MP 59s look awesome.

P.S. Shhhh! Don't tell my wife! ;)

It's ok to ask for a doggy bag, though some *sshole told me that they could tell the "regulars" from the tourists cuz the regulars never asked for doggy bags. So the guy that I was with(he's one effected MFer..LOL), leaves about a third of his steak & half of his German Potatoes. Our waiter comes over and he arrogantly waves over the plate & says "I'm finished." I tell the waiter that I'll take his in a bag, along with mine, which made an unbelievable late night "snack." And can you believe that he had the balls to ask me if he could have "his" bag. LMAO. Yea, right. LMAO

I just realized that they do not call them doggy bags any more, do they? It is now call "To Go" boxes and they are not bags but actually boxes. My wife always brings home three bites of whatever she is having for "The Boys." Plus every Saturday we go to the local BBQ place that sells All-You-Can-Eat Beef Ribs and buy a box of bones. These are the ribs that are cut off and do not make it to the customer. There is usually at least on per rack that does not have enough meat to send out so they used to throw them away. About 5 years ago, I told the guy if he would throw them in a box I would buy them. So he does.

For the record, I do not have the all-you-can-eat ribs anymore. I still have ribs, just the regular portion is just fine.

BTW, I got my MP32's yesterday, and hit them on the range. I loved them, so I stripped and sanded and refinished and paint filled, and reshafted them last night. They look pretty cool. I hope to go out this afternoon and hit them and get pictures for the other thread. I also got a Adams Pro Black with the green Voodoo shaft and this thing is more like a rifle than a golf club. I have to go out and fix the electrical problem on my golf cart first so I will be outside all afternoon.

Great to hear you are feeling better Richard and Blade.

I've got a question that needs answering: What's the etiquette around buying a Christmas gift for your boss? I've done it a couple of times but its usually something small. The reason I ask is I got a golfing e-newsletter this morning suggesting that one of these puppies would be a good gift for me to buy my boss:

untitled.JPG

I'm thinkin' that buying the boss a putter is a bit extreme, and I'm also thinkin' that if I did buy one of these (Musty Putter) then its highly unlikely it would leave my possession ;)

What's the go though - do you guys buy your boss a gift for Christmas?

I've got a question that needs answering: What's the etiquette around buying a Christmas gift for your boss? I've done it a couple of times but its usually something small. The reason I ask is I got a golfing e-newsletter this morning suggesting that one of these puppies would be a good gift for me to buy my boss:

untitled.JPG

I'm thinkin' that buying the boss a putter is a bit extreme, and I'm also thinkin' that if I did buy one of these (Musty Putter) then its highly unlikely it would leave my possession ;)

What's the go though - do you guys buy your boss a gift for Christmas?

I don't do presents for friends/co-workers. It just complicates things and everyone feels the need to spend the same amount on everyone else. In the end, people are happier buying stuff for themselves.

Those do look like though. I could use an underling if that's what you're getting at here ;)

Archived