Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

100% disagree.

When it's easier to get weapons then get treated for mental health issues, these situations will always be possible.

I'm not pro nor con guns. That's not my concern here at all. However I find it frankly appalling how various places (and I'm not singling out the US here. It applies to a great many locations) treat those with mental illness.

I just went on line and learned more about this. So far at least, there has been nothing that says she was unable to get him psychiatric help. Apparently, she talked about it and that may have been the thing that set him off, but even so, this is not a case of "The System" failing to recognize the problem.

This is a case of a mother failing to recognize the problem. At first, I said the father was also to blame, however, I have since found out that at the son's request the father has had nothing to do with him since the 2009 divorce other than to send $300,000 per year to the mother. Clearly, she had the means to take care of this and did not. So unfortunately, the people to blame, mother and son, are both dead so now people are attacking "the system" which was not the problem in this case.

While, the 72 hour Psychiatric Hold was talked about with the Colorado shooter, and the police were warned, it does not appear, at least yet, that this was talked about here and a professional missed the signs. The mother missed the signs.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do ya think that startin to celebrate His birth two months early, mindlessly trying to outspend friends and relatives to gain curry or just as pathetically, "to keep up with the Jone's," and burrying our precious little angels is what He had in mind?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Nope, especially since he never said to celebrate his birthday in the first place, not to mention he wasn't born in December to begin with. Kinda makes you go Hmmmm.

Yep, however I didn't wanna go there. It's safe to say that though we don't really acknowledge OT here, I didn't wanna go too deep, just some food for thought, however if I dont find my damn Scotty Del Mar in this basement, well, it's hard to accuse someone of stealin it when I live by myself. But this frustrating!

Man, do I needa wife!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Careful what you wish for there. Wives are notorious for "helping" to clean out the club stash :)

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

So we are finished watching TV and decide to go to bed about 10:10 pm. Then the 50 mph gust of wind hit, blowing the front door open, blowing the coat rack, some trinkets from the foyer table and the foyer table across the living room and pretty much anything less than 10 lbs starts flying about the house, it seems a back window was open creating a nice draft. Needless to say I am awake now. And the freaking wind is howling. 35 mph sustained winds and serious gusts.

Right now we are getting the first rain in months and it is like living inside a car wash.

Sadly children are dead and there are no words or actions that will bring them back.

I do not believe that gun control would have prevented this tragedy nor will gun control implemented in the near future prevent the next lunatic from killing.

In Australia, since the Port Arthur massacre and subsequent knee jerk political vote grabbing reaction the number of illegal weapons has risen significantly and the majority of homicides committed with a firearm are illegally obtained as was the situation at Port Arthur.

Unfortunately it takes a single event like this to polarise a nation and to highlight the inadequacies in the support systems provided to a community by government agencies. Sadly the real reasons for this tragedy will not get the same attention as gun control.

It is impossible for us to protect our children every minute of the day and the parents of the children in Newtown will question themselves for the rest of their lives.

Gun control is not the answer unless you remove every single firearm from society, both legal and illegal. But this will still not stop the killing, it will just stop them from using a firearm to commit the crime.

I mean no disrespect to the families of the Newtown and send my condolences as a father of 5 to the parents who have lost a child.

AJ

I agree with what you're saying, gun control won't stop lunatics from killing people. Look at what happened in China, some guy went into a school and harmed some school children with a knife. Those dirtbags will try to kill anyone with anything they can get their hands on. Sadly, this world is filled with people that wish innocent people harm for no reason.

And just like that the storm is over, there is no wind right now, the rain has quit. It was like 66* at 10:10 pm and now,@ 10:52 it is 54 and dropping.

So we are finished watching TV and decide to go to bed about 10:10 pm. Then the 50 mph gust of wind hit, blowing the front door open, blowing the coat rack, some trinkets from the foyer table and the foyer table across the living room and pretty much anything less than 10 lbs starts flying about the house, it seems a back window was open creating a nice draft. Needless to say I am awake now. And the freaking wind is howling. 35 mph sustained winds and serious gusts.

Right now we are getting the first rain in months and it is like living inside a car wash.

Hey Rick, we just sent that your way. Sorry. We had that most of the day and it finally stopped. The only thing here is, we have a piddly couple inches of snow and ice on the ground and it's 15 degrees right now. I don't mind it so bad if could we get some moisture to show for it. But to just be miserable, cold and windy, no thanks!

Hey Rick, we just sent that your way. Sorry. We had that most of the day and it finally stopped. The only thing here is, we have a piddly couple inches of snow and ice on the ground and it's 15 degrees right now. I don't mind it so bad if could we get some moisture to show for it. But to just be miserable, cold and windy, no thanks!

Well that was more like a home invasion than a strom. The difference was the dogs were cowering under the bed, well near the bed because they do not fit under it. Someone comes through the door and they are there. It actually damaged the door frame and the glass storm door is shattered. Like an explosion. Not enough rain though to make a difference.

Anyone remember where that post is about the black ops shaft giveaway is. I can't seem to find it.

Typed with an Irish accent.

Top o the mornin to ya,

Here ya are, lovely lady.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7542-greeting-all/page__p__79846#entry79846

Tis a pleasure to be of service to ya!

Oh Boy! Thanx for the heads up, however I have my doc's appointment on Friday after my IVs, and he's probably gonna gimme my driving privelidges back(you never realize how much you take a privelidge for granted until it ia taken away from you ;)), and I'm really not lookin forward to drivin in 6-10" of snow and/or slush. lol

Oh well, that's better than the world endin, and if it happens, I had nothin, and I do mean nothin, to do with it.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Ha ha! Like I said in the other thread---if the world doesn't end, we'll give you the credit for saving the planet just to make up for raggin' on you about "compromising" the site!!! :lol:

Speaking of the Black Ops, Tim sent me a Pearl shaft as promised the other day. I must say that even though I was fit for the R11S I don't feel like I hit it nearly as well as I did my 910D2. The White head on the driver distracts me for some reason. Bought a TM Superdeep head to try out. Otherwise I'm contemplating buying the 913D2 and putting the Black Ops in it. Can't wait to game the Pearl but don't wanna keep switching adaptors until I find the driver head I'm happy with. Recommendations?

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Ding dang! Just bought a set of mp53s! Unfortunately it was 4-pw. Didn't have a 3 iron :( . They have bag chatter and dings from dropping clubs in the bag (some people have no respect!), but not much wear otherwise! They have x100s. I'm curious how that compares to my x flex KBS Tours.

First, I am posting this because it was brought(you guys know me and walkin through that damn open door ;)) up, and as I have had 11 years experience as a central cog in the "system" that everyone refers to, I would like to clarify a few points regarding #1, the "system" as it is place in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and while there is federal money in volved, the voluntary & involuntary commitments to hospitals and the laws, policies & procedures & protocols are detemined & defined on a state level.

Richard,

I just deleted a rather long winded response to your long winded response. After reading mine, yours, and Tuna's comments on this I think we are all actually in agreement. The system, that you explained in detail, at least as far as Pennsylvania, may need some help but it is not want is at fault here. The guns are not what is at fault here. The schools are not what is at fault here.

This is a case of while he was legally an adult, he had been a troubled child for many years. His mother who certainly had the means to take care of this properly, did not, either because she did not recognize the problem or that she did not want to admit to the serious of the problem. This is not something that he just thought of that morning. And they have not said that the police had been there many times in the past.

So while we are looking for something to throw money at so they can say look what we have done, what they need to do is educate the people. As you said, when this has come up in your past, other people knew things were seriously wrong. In this case it seems he was isolated from everyone except his mother. Since she is the one who had daily contact with him, she either failed to realize the seriousness of it, or did not want to admit it to herself. And she paid for that with her life.

Guns with large magazines are not at fault. He could have carried 6 revolvers in there and done just as much damage. He picked first graders because they were too small to fight back. He is the most vial character I can think of, but apparently he had enough intelligence to use a computer and knew how to destroy it, not just erase it. He would have found another means.

I tried to condense that as much as I could, however the process is what it is, and unless someone has gone through the Involuntary Commitment Process(302 in PA), they have no idea how the system works, or the rules & regs & policies & procedures.

It's just, and I am not talking about you Rick, however I hear all of these people talking about something that they have no idea what they are talking about, and that's really what lead me to post that.

Anyway, the produral stuff is pretty dry, however, it's critical if you're involved in the proccess.

Just hope and pray that a loved one is not involved, because it's very easy to cast stones from the arm-chair.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I understand the need for procedures but I will say that you can not kick a true bureaucrat in the ass without breaking some of their fingers.:lol:

I thought you were going to say "without breaking some of their teeth"! :lol:

No that would apply to those who make the rules. They have their heads there. Those who follow the rules are simply covering theirs.:P

Typed with an Irish accent.

Top o the mornin to ya,

Here ya are, lovely lady.

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7542-greeting-all/page__p__79846#entry79846

Tis a pleasure to be of service to ya!

Typed with an Aussie accent, mixed with a British and a tad bit of kiwi

Thank ya luv!

I had to save this wedge from the trash just cuz it's so funny! Just your average out-dated old sand wedge huh?

2012-12-21_14-03-37_984.jpg

Well, that is, until you turn it over! :lol:

2012-12-21_14-08-51_963.jpg

Now, you see there?!!! That's what's wrong with all these new fangled "high tech" wedges and irons! No wonder most guys don't have a short game worth a crap! They all have their grooves going the wrong direction! How is it Lynx is the only one to figure that out!!! :blink: :lol:

I had to save this wedge from the trash just cuz it's so funny! Just you average out-dated old sand wedge huh?

2012-12-21_14-03-37_984.jpg

Now, you see there?!!! That's what's wrong with all these new fangled "high tech" wedges and irons! No wonder most guys don't have a short game worth a crap! They all have their grooves going the wrong direction! How is it Lynx is the only one to figure that out!!! :blink: :lol:

That's awesome I have never seen that before.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

So little story.

In my late junior years around 90/91, I had the chance to play one of our provinces private clubs in a tournament representing my club (won it) which I absolutely fell in love with. So 20 years go by and I still rank it my favorite course played in BC and miss the sights. So I decided to email the general manager in one of those can't hurt to ask scenarios.

Basically the email went something like this:

Dear such and such. I played your course and fell in love. I realize I am no longer a member of any private clubs with reciprocal privileges etc but I really want my wife to experience your club. What are the odds of us getting on?

Actual reply:

Happy to have you out. For the most part our concern about having individuals that are members is that they a) know how to play golf and B) no proper etiquette around the course.

Something I am assuming is not an issue if you played in that event.

Let me know the time of year you would like to play and I can try to arrange it.

I then replied with:

thx so much contact you in the spring and he replied we'll cya then.

I think it's a pretty cool response and I'm going to take him up on it for sure if we can.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

So little story.

In my late junior years around 90/91, I had the chance to play one of our provinces private clubs in a tournament representing my club (won it) which I absolutely fell in love with. So 20 years go by and I still rank it my favorite course played in BC and miss the sights. So I decided to email the general manager in one of those can't hurt to ask scenarios.

Dear such and such. I played your course and fell in love. I realize I am no longer a member of any private clubs with reciprocal privileges etc but I really want my wife to experience your club. What are the odds of us getting on?

Actual reply:

Happy to have you out. For the most part our concern about having individuals that are members is that they a) know how to play golf and B) no proper etiquette around the course.

Let me know the time of year you would like to play and I can try to arrange it.

I then replied with:

I think it's a pretty cool response and I'm going to take him up on it for sure if we can.

That's great what a stand up guy.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

So little story.

Actual reply:

I then replied with:

Maybe you can learn how to play golf by then and learn proper etiquette.

Archived