Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

Rock the casbah RP! Take it easy out there though. You probably know this better then I, but if nothing else, all my surgeries have shown me that some things just need to happen in their own time.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please excuse me while I just lose myself for a while in a place where there are no tears, sorrow or pain. I gotta get there, just for a bit. I gotta.

Sure could use a place like that today....there just aren't any words.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It was cold and rainy here and I loved it. This rain brought us to just 15 FEET low on water so we did not mind. We were out in the rain and it did not even get my hair wet. I came home right after golf because I had a trailer with no lights and an expired inspection sticker and plate registration. Three big huge pull my a$$ over signs, all the probable cause a law enforcer needs so no after round beers for me. And Lady Jane said " you stink of cigars and beer" go take a nap then a shower. Which sounds like a perfect plan to me. No wonder I have a happy marriage. Night night. Be back in an hour.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Man, just heard. Really feeling for everyone up there. Just really sad

Thanks Brad. Before I had kids I hated hearing about anything like that. But now, my son is in second grade and I have a three year old daughter. It hits much harder when you picture your own kids going through it. So glad my family is safe, but sure feel for those families.

sitting on my couch with a cat in my lap. Thanks so much for asking.

Now in my best NYC accent, "how u doin?"

Ha Ha :) , I'm good. Thanks. Getting swinging in my golf room. Been slowly building up. I'm probably going at 75% now. The doc said it's holding together good. My sneezing didn't tear anything up fortunately.

I haven't been to NY since 1992. The biggest thing I remember from that trip is how rude a lot of people were. Might not be that way as much now though. We went through a toll booth and my father-in-law asked for a receipt. <_ whatever. the guy gave it to him no problem. but when my f.i.l. said you as he started drive off jumped out of his booth screaming your problem src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:"> I guess he wasn't used to manners! Cracked us up.

sitting on my couch with a cat in my lap. Thanks so much for asking.

Now in my best NYC accent, "how u doin?"

I went to NYC for New Years in 95 and 96. I had a friend who lived there, actually my best friends sister. She had been my roommate for several years before that and has always been much like a sister to me. She had lived in NYC for a couple of years and had a "driver" named Angel. He was born and raised on East 124th Street in Spanish Harlem. I am pretty sure they had some other arrangement but did not ask, but she would call him in the morning and get him out of bed and he would take her to work, then work all day as a car service, sort of a prearranged cab for business people, then pick her up and take her home at the end of the day.

So she sends Angel to pick me up at the airport while she stays at work. Angel explains the rules of NYC to me. During his tutorial he explains that if anyone ever touches you with their hands on the streets of New York City, you are to immediately go on the offensive and attack them because if they are touching you with their hands they are up to no good. New Yorkers walk with their hands in their pockets and bump shoulders with you but never touch you with their hands.

Several hours later my friend and I are trying to get into position to watch the ball drop and are walking very fast a few blocks off Broadway and she is several yards behind me when this guy walks up beside and grabs my left arm with his left hand. I abruptly changed direction directly into him. He grabbed my left butt cheek out of his surprise. I commenced to strike him in the nose with my left forearm, grabbed his shirt, took him to the ground with the "cross hawk take down", dropped on his chest with my right knee. At that point a couple of NYC's finest stepped up so I backed off and raised my hands. My friend ran up and said that guy was trying to pick my pocket.

The cop asked me if that was true, I said I believed so. But he had come up and grabbed my arm. and Angel told me that if anyone in NYC touched me with their hands to kick their butts before they had a chance to kick mine. The cop laughed out loud and said that if everyone was given that advice then he would not have a job. He then asked if the guy had gotten my wallet, I told him that all he did was grab my ass. He said that unfortunately that was not illegal in NYC so there were no charges again the would-be-pickpocket. I was free to go, and then he kicked the guy on the ground and started cursing at him. I got out of there as soon as possible.

I hung out with Angel a lot while I was there and I would have to say that seeing NYC with him was a much different experience than most people have.

One other day I noticed some guys following me on different sides of the street, one directly behind me, while three more were keeping eye contact with him and they were on the other side of the street. This was down in SoHo and we were approaching an industrial area with fewer and fewer people. So I turned a corner and stopped against the wall and challenged the one behind me while the others were not there to assist. He turned and ran to the others and I turned the other way and got back to a better area.

That is all the NYC stories for the day.

Absolutely senseless and infuriating act. Best wishes, hopes and prayers to the people of Connecticut. Every channel on the plane had this on, very sad and tragic.

+1 a senseless act. Why ! Why!!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

I went to NYC for New Years in 95 and 96. I had a friend who lived there, actually my best friends sister. She had been my roommate for several years before that and has always been much like a sister to me. She had lived in NYC for a couple of years and had a "driver" named Angel. He was born and raised on East 124th Street in Spanish Harlem. I am pretty sure they had some other arrangement but did not ask, but she would call him in the morning and get him out of bed and he would take her to work, then work all day as a car service, sort of a prearranged cab for business people, then pick her up and take her home at the end of the day.

So she sends Angel to pick me up at the airport while she stays at work. Angel explains the rules of NYC to me. During his tutorial he explains that if anyone ever touches you with their hands on the streets of New York City, you are to immediately go on the offensive and attack them because if they are touching you with their hands they are up to no good. New Yorkers walk with their hands in their pockets and bump shoulders with you but never touch you with their hands.

Several hours later my friend and I are trying to get into position to watch the ball drop and are walking very fast a few blocks off Broadway and she is several yards behind me when this guy walks up beside and grabs my left arm with his left hand. I abruptly changed direction directly into him. He grabbed my left butt cheek out of his surprise. I commenced to strike him in the nose with my left forearm, grabbed his shirt, took him to the ground with the "cross hawk take down", dropped on his chest with my right knee. At that point a couple of NYC's finest stepped up so I backed off and raised my hands. My friend ran up and said that guy was trying to pick my pocket.

The cop asked me if that was true, I said I believed so. But he had come up and grabbed my arm. and Angel told me that if anyone in NYC touched me with their hands to kick their butts before they had a chance to kick mine. The cop laughed out loud and said that if everyone was given that advice then he would not have a job. He then asked if the guy had gotten my wallet, I told him that all he did was grab my ass. He said that unfortunately that was not illegal in NYC so there were no charges again the would-be-pickpocket. I was free to go, and then he kicked the guy on the ground and started cursing at him. I got out of there as soon as possible.

I hung out with Angel a lot while I was there and I would have to say that seeing NYC with him was a much different experience than most people have.

One other day I noticed some guys following me on different sides of the street, one directly behind me, while three more were keeping eye contact with him and they were on the other side of the street. This was down in SoHo and we were approaching an industrial area with fewer and fewer people. So I turned a corner and stopped against the wall and challenged the one behind me while the others were not there to assist. He turned and ran to the others and I turned the other way and got back to a better area.

That is all the NYC stories for the day.

Oh please keep the stories coming these are great.

I'm a pretty skidish guy but never got the sense of anything bad. I'm really protective of Nidine and always on the alert.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Oh please keep the stories coming these are great.

I'm a pretty skidish guy but never got the sense of anything bad. I'm really protective of Nidine and always on the alert.

Well, to be honest I have spent 15 days in NYC. The only times of any sense of danger were when we were, a few blocks off Time's Square at 11:20 pm on New Year's Eve, walking around an industrial area, not a tourist area, during the afternoon, and driving around Harlem harassing drug dealers. All we really did was drive slowly and look at them, but it was hilarious how guilty they would start behaving. No wonder the cops bust so many dealers. You just look at them like you are in charge and and they throw something down and walk quickly away. We never got out of the car and looked and it could have been Hershey's Kisses. But these people did not look like they ate a lot of Hershey's Kisses.

The rest of the time everything was fine. New Yorker's get a bad rap about not being friendly but it is simply their tone of voice. "How ya doin'?" in a New York accent can sound like a curse to a Southerner.

Geezez you let RP outta the hospital and you get like one post in here today.

Nah, can't be that! It's not like you can ever get Richard to share his opinions or stories! It's too hard to get him to come out of his shell! :lol: It's gotta be a coincidence.

Well, Maddie's pickin me up for church(I told ya she makes me a better person), plus I gotta talk to the priest about my Adams irons.

I am glad you elaborated about this. I was wondering what you had been doing with those irons that you needed to talk to a priest about.:lol:

• SPY VIP

Well, Maddie's pickin me up for church(I told ya she makes me a better person), plus I gotta talk to the priest about my Adams irons.

Omg, I almost fell outta bed reading this! That's hilarious, I went to church so I could move some clubs onto the priest.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I do possess the ability to bring that out in a person B)

I also seem to have the ability to bring that out in a woman. Well, several women.:lol:

I love the new-to-me Mizzy blades. I can not say the same about the putter. I made many really good putts but missed some easy birdies. With missed putts and with the bad shots that I hit today, I could have shot 10 strokes better with no problem. I hit the ball that well 14 Fairways, and 12 GIR. No bogies, but three double bogies. For a 76.

So I'm going through the camera roll on my phone to edit the Pure Grips pic and I find this. NIDINE!!!

That's awesome! You are even more tolerant than I gave you credit for Dan! We had a couple of Manx brothers (no tails - Harry & Walter) and they loved sleeping in our room, but would give me the British Football kind of affection - they would start off their smooch with a Liverpool kiss (i.e. headbutt). Manx are quite stocky, these guys were 5kg (11lb) balls of muscle, their headbutts woke me up all the time.

Unfortunately they both also had a penchant for taking a nap on the warm concrete of the road gutter, and that didn't work out particularly well for either of them...

Archived