Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Please teach me how to draw the ball

sai-jin

@Maguro

So you sold it in triple digit?

Actually for me, I just violently drop my arms first, then violently turn my hips then shoulders and swing to the right.

As long as my face stays square or open on impact, I can hit those push draw and straight draws.

But some times for longer clubs, I'm scared of the club hitting the ground, so I rotated too early I feel like.

@Blade: My sentiments exactly.

Just got back from round 2 and I'm actually able to hit both shots now, high and low at about 50/50 rate. *ExCITED!!*

So I'm just wondering, since now I know that the club face dictates the ball flight direction and swing path the curvature,

why do 99% of people , even the teachers say that to hit a push draw, square the club to the target then swing right plus have a strong grip?

Wouldn't that give you a straight draw instead? And if you have a strong grip the club could rotate too fast and you hit a pull hook/draw?

Last one... my right foot heel likes to come up on impact, lifting my head and spine angle, etc... anyone has any video or tips to prevent this?

Just got back from round 2 and I'm actually able to hit both shots now, high and low at about 50/50 rate. *ExCITED!!*

So I'm just wondering, since now I know that the club face dictates the ball flight direction and swing path the curvature,

why do 99% of people , even the teachers say that to hit a push draw, square the club to the target then swing right plus have a strong grip?

Wouldn't that give you a straight draw instead? And if you have a strong grip the club could rotate too fast and you hit a pull hook/draw?

Last one... my right foot heel likes to come up on impact, lifting my head and spine angle, etc... anyone has any video or tips to prevent this?

Your heel coming up isn't causing your head to come up. The biggest thing that will make your head come up is letting your hips drive toward the ball. When that happens, you have to stand up to keep your balance. Put a chair or bag stand behind you and keep your butt touching it through the swing. You'll be able to feel if you pull away from it.

@Blade: Yea I did that already and my butt did drive forward. The golf pro told me to keep my right heel planted so I don't shoot forward and pull my head up and back, but

it feels unnatural and I hit bad shots when I try to plant my right heel down.

Any advice in doing this?

PS: I do this usually when I get tired and lose control.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived