Testers Announced! Stix Golf Sets ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,997 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Edel

Edel Golf SMS and SMS Pro Irons

Presenting the first set of irons truly fit to your swing.  Edel golf has designed the SMS and SMS Pro irons to take your game to the next level.

LZ9_0072.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1496.jpg      edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1439.jpg

Every Edel SMS and SMS Pro Iron comes complete with:

-  Swing Match Weight Technology

-  Forged Hollow Body Construction to Unlock Adjustability and Distance with Plasma Welded Maraging Steel Face Cup for Even More Distance (SMS)

-  Or a Precision Grain Forging for Incredible Sound and Feel (SMS Pro)

-  Players Sole Grind for Turf Interaction Versatility (SMS) or a Tour Inspired Tri-Stepped Sole Design for Enhanced Turf Interaction (SMS Pro)

Would you like to put the Edel SMS or SMS Pro Irons to the test? 

For this review opportunity we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test and keep the Edel Irons!

Testers will be able to chose from in-stock shaft options currently listed on Edel's website and can choose from SMS Irons, SMS Pro Irons, or a blended combo set of irons! 

Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering.

This Test is open to right-hand golfers located in the United States.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the Edel SMS reviews here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

309 Comments

Got fitted and played the Edel wedges with very good results.  I expect the iron fittings and playability to be as good or better.  Looking forward to having the opportunity.

I would love to be one of the testers for these irons. i am Canadian and could give a very unbiased opinion. Thanks for your consideration.

I already use and love Edel SMS wedges and an Edel putter. Used the SLS-01 Single Length set for a while and really liked it but there was a distance dropoff in the long irons that eventually became untenable, so last year I switched back to standard length irons (Ping i525s) and a month later they announced these. Couldn't justify the expenditure but I've been itching to try them. I've been tracking my data with Arccos and was surprised to learn that SG-Approach is by far my weakest stat (I thought it'd be putting, but putting is just highly variable for me and winds up averaging out to "pretty good"). I always thought I was a good iron player, but not so much.

25 minutes ago, mikeanthony said:

Is testing sign-up closed?? If so, BUMMER! ☹️ It’s telling me sign-up closed 13hrs ago???

No, it just opened.  Looks like some members are seeing different things or are not able to sign up.

We've got a note over to the dev to take a look.  If you can't sign up now check back later on.  Signups will be open until next week!

Awesome looking irons! I've always played forged blades, but I really need to go to a combo set now. I just purchased a full bag fitting and trying to groove my swing over the next couple of weeks before I get fit. I will definitely consider Edel clubs. The SMS swing match weighting is intriguing.

I Went to the website and the Irons and adjustable nature are intriguing. Looking forward to seeing what the testers have to say. They look great! I am all in on testing the Paradym X (if I win the lottery), because I was fitted for the Maverick's before, being gifted my Ping 710's.  Good luck Testers!!!!

Still playing the MGS test Edel EAS 1.0 putter from 2 seasons ago. This is my "intervention" club. Basically if I ever make mention of wanting another putter, my friends are to conduct an intervention and have me committed to the psych ward. 

Edel does such exceptional work. If I weren't already committed to other testing obligations I'd be all over signing up for this one. 

HUGE opportunity for anyone who is picked. Can't wait to follow 

Just now, cksurfdude said:

@GolfSpy_BOS ... ok stupid question...

Where it says: "Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering."

Does that mean getting fit *specifically* for Edel irons - eg with its SMS by a fitter who carries Edel - or just "my" generic  L-L-L for irons generally..?

Thx!

If you can be fit for them better, but I know a lot of folks know their general specs as far as L-L-L and that is fine too.

This Test is now closed to further comments.