Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,965 signups
Equipment Type: Long Game
Vendor: Mizuno

Mizuno Long Game

Mizuno is here to bring back a favorite and often requested forum member test for 2023!  The Mizuno Long Game test will see testers fit the top end of their bag with the ST 230 line of clubs to see what sort of improvements can be made using Mizuno's latest gear.  Testers will get to experience the missing piece from their golf game in Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber which is featured throughout the lineup.  

image.png

What is the CORTECH Chamber?

The CORTECH Chamber: The Missing Piece:  Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber encases a dense stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU, taking stress from the club face and creating an additional energy source.  At the same time, locating weight closer to the club face to reduce spin rates, while contributing to a more solid, powerful sensation at impact.

image.png image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test the ST 230 long game clubs!

Each tester will select:

1.  ST-X 230 or ST-Z 230 Driver

2.  Two other clubs (select from ST-Z 230 Fairways, ST-Z 230 Hybrids, or Fli-Hi Driving Irons) to fill in the gap to their top iron.

This Test is open to all US Forum Members! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

208 Comments

How in the world is MGS able to get all of these incredibly great test opportunities !!!

I'm beginning to believe it will never end, and let's hope that's the case !  Keep 'em coming.  I am a little worried I'm spending too much time on the forum with all of these test reviews, and not enough time playing golf.  Perhaps that's why my scores keep going up.  Oh well, I'll suffer through it with the rest of you, lol.

Good luck to all that enter.  

A buddy just got Mizuno irons and would love the opportunity to test. Always looking for things to improve my game.  😁

I currently have Callaway in my bag. Driver, 3 wood, and 5 hybrids. So I would love the chance to try out these new Mizuno's so I can compare them to my current setup.

I love my Mizuno hot metal set. I only have used king cobra drivers and fairway woods because I love the way they feel, and even on miss hits they won't over cut or hook on me. Surprised how much they've come down in price. It's what has allowed me to play last seasons driver at a 2006 price 😁

I play the Mizuno Hot metal pros. Terrific irons. But I have never really gotten into their longer clubs. It would be an interesting comparison for me as I've always been fitted into Callaway or ping for the longer clubs.

Nothing but mixing irons for last 15 years but never pulled the trigger on anything else.  Love to give fli-hi and driver a run. Good luck all

Mizuno has been on my short list for drivers and fairways since putting the ST190 in my bag 3 years ago. Why would I not sign up?!!!

I'm in for the test, Left handed stiff flex lightweight. 

1first would be ST Z 230 driver 

2second would be the ST Z 19° hybrids 

I was just thinking about Mizuno yesterday. I loved the fli-hi when it came out in the early 2000’s. My long game has struggled recently as well. Very excited for this opportunity. 

On 6/15/2023 at 7:04 AM, drbogeyman said:

ST X 230 driver just recommended to me as #1 option by TrueGolfFit, would be great to try!

Same here bud! I’d love to see how they stack up against the Callaway long game currently in my setup. I like the irons so much I’ve been thinking about trying the mizuno wedges too.

Loving my Jpx 923's I just got. I've never been particularly brand focused but I can tell Mizuno makes some very nice looking and high quality stuff.

Used to be a big Mizuno fan but strayed from the fold to TM and Titleist.  Really anxious to see where they have grown to...

I have played Mizuno irons for the last 25 years (on my fifth set with the JPX 921 hot metal pro) and in that time I have had a Mizuno driver and hybrid.  Would love to test the new Driver and Hybrids as it is time to update both.

I’m in the same boat, playing both Mizuno irons and driver about 5 years old. Have recently been thinking about upgrading to something newer, so am curious how well these play! 

This testing comes at a perfect time for me.  

I was just fitted for and purchased Mizuno T22 wedges (50, 54, 58 degree).

I just demo'd JPX irons, and plan to purchase these as well.  Wasn't planning to buy new irons, but tried a set on the course and just couldn't put them down.  Mizuno irons just feel so good to me, and I was hitting so well in the demo round. 

My "long game" has been something I have worked on for this season as I tend to lose the most strokes off the tee box (inconsistent, hitting into the junk/trees or OB).  I told myself that I would purchase new driver and new fairway woods once I started to make progress on improving my long game - in other words, make sure the "archer" was better before I replaced the arrows...   This past week, I hit 40% of fairways with driver off the tee.  

I am a 19 HCP, with a goal of getting down to a 15 by the end of the season.  I think I can get there and share some great testing info along the way.  I am sold on the mizuno irons/wedges, but have never purchased or considered Mizuno driver or fairways.  Selecting me as a tester would be good all around. 

I'd love to test the STZ 230 driver and fairway woods.  I can track my progress and have a GC3 at home to do some before/during and after data measurements (spin, carry distance, ball speed, and all of that). 

Come on Mizuno and MyGolfSpy - Give me a shot!!

Like many amateur golfers, I struggle off the tee, but I've been keeping an eye on Mizuno's driver innovations in recent years. My friend, who used to play baseball professionally, owns the ST-220 and absolutely crushes the ball with it. Seeing his success has piqued my interest, and I might be considering an upgrade myself!

When it comes to irons, I've always known that Mizuno delivers the best feel. I used to play with the MP 62's until last year when I decided to splurge on the MP20 mb's this spring. Recently, I've been fixing to find a St 180 3 wood, especially because it comes in a cool blue color. It aligns perfectly with my thrifted T7 52 blue wedge that I affectionately call "old blue eyes."

Love the look of the new drivers, gotta say I'd love to try the hybrids, the Mizuno lineup really seems impressive this year.

On 6/15/2023 at 10:39 PM, Torden Golf said:

Completely understand it’s not on MGS. It just a shame that while the brands are international they think in their small (or large) territories. Would be cool, for example, if these was a 4 person test to have one from each os US/CA EU Asia and AU/NZ.

Every time one is posted we all rush over here and then it’s almost always immediate deflation.

Just saw this and wanted to chime in on another factor.

I'll preface this by saying I am in the smallest part of the pie here being a lefty and international.

90+% of your Membership is US based. 

Altho we have some stellar international members and contributors even when we have international opportunities it is often we still have 3 of 4 being US based. Just the reality of the group we have on the forum. 

We continue to try and get more worldwide testing, but with shipping costs and such it also adds cost for those companies. 

A brand like Mizuno has several regional sections which almost act like different companies.

The other final factor is we want tests to be free for testers and we have come across the situation more recently with international tests that those testers are incurring import charges. We hate to see this, but is also something we can't control.

We do have more international coming, they just may not be the big oems as they are usually the most restrictive. 

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Just saw this and wanted to chime in on another factor.

I'll preface this by saying I am in the smallest part of the pie here being a lefty and international.

90+% of your Membership is US based. 

Altho we have some stellar international members and contributors even when we have international opportunities it is often we still have 3 of 4 being US based. Just the reality of the group we have on the forum. 

We continue to try and get more worldwide testing, but with shipping costs and such it also adds cost for those companies. 

A brand like Mizuno has several regional sections which almost act like different companies.

The other final factor is we want tests to be free for testers and we have come across the situation more recently with international tests that those testers are incurring import charges. We hate to see this, but is also something we can't control.

We do have more international coming, they just may not be the big oems as they are usually the most restrictive. 

Understand everything you’re saying mate.

90% of the membership is US based? WOW! I would have thought international contributors might have been 30-40%, but that’s astonishingly skewed 🙂

Time to start looking at real estate in the US eh 🙂 But then from what I see memberships at some courses are $$$.

4 minutes ago, Torden Golf said:

Understand everything you’re saying mate.

90% of the membership is US based? WOW! I would have thought international contributors might have been 30-40%, but that’s astonishingly skewed 🙂

Time to start looking at real estate in the US eh 🙂 But then from what I see memberships at some courses are $$$.

It is certainly a goal to grow the international side of membership.

Part of that is growing our social channels (Twitter and IG). 

The other part is just working to share and spread the word of the forum, whether through better SEO or better Integration with the main site. 

This Forum is growing, we have several new features which will be rolling out and we intend to be a leader in this niche we have while continuing to be one of the greatest most welcoming online communities out there.

This Test is now closed to further comments.