Got Problems?

ole gray

36 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've got to say, I'm getting a little tired of posting on this thread. After hospital stints, cat getting sick, and losing my mother-in-law life decided to throw something else my way. 

My wife's uncle called, he lives on the property we bought for my mother-in-law, and told us a neighbor's tree fell on our building. It did major damage, cracking supports, warping walls, and knocking out the electricity. 

20220814_152952-01.jpeg.7cc90676818bdd7994a72ff986215f34.jpeg20220814_152802-01.jpeg.3e35b1ef017d2ded08feed926e7585bb.jpeg

Good news is I have insurance and filed a claim because I honestly don't feel like knocking on a door right now and possibly having to deal with confrontation. 

Man I’m praying for ya, you’re on a run that’s for sure but you have Definitely got the attitude to handle it all my friend.

good call on the insurance it’s what it is there for, get it done and over with.

chalk one up for the good guys with the test today, it’s on the way up my friend 👍

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 minute ago, EasyPutter said:

Right attitude, this is what life is all about...

Things do get better...

The good guys are all of us, the test happens daily but every so often we get hit by a surprise quiz, an emergency drill, the stops come out to find out what we are made of, to find out if we are still the person we are supposed to be.

You my friend are in the Masters class and well on your way to advanced degrees, it is in my understanding of life what this whole experience is about.  Thankful to be sharing this part of my journey  in your company and the company of all those throwing their support in the same direction. 💞  One Team 🤜🤛

👍

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Things do get better...

The good guys are all of us, the test happens daily but every so often we get hit by a surprise quiz, an emergency drill, the stops come out to find out what we are made of, to find out if we are still the person we are supposed to be.

You my friend are in the Masters class and well on your way to advanced degrees, it is in my understanding of life what this whole experience is about.  Thankful to be sharing this part of my journey  in your company and the company of all those throwing their support in the same direction. 💞  One Team 🤜🤛

You got it right my friend

• Like 3

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

25 minutes ago, EasyPutter said:

Things do get better...

That was well said and thank you for that. 

• Like 5

Well, I found this thread a few days ago for the first time and realized after I posted that my problem was insignificant compared to hardships some of you guys were facing. I felt bad for complaining about a club order when others were dealing with actual life issues. 

I guess now it's my turn. This weekend I was in my college town of Statesboro to defend my title at a golf tournament that I shot 71 in last year. It was a 4 man best ball tournament but my three teammates all shot in the 90's so we basically turned in my scorecard, haha. Our Athletic Foundation hosts a tournament for donors every year and I won the inaugural event last year. About an hour and half before my tee time yesterday I stepped off a sidewalk where there happened to be a drainage area so the drop-ff was about 12 inches instead of the normal amount. I rolled my ankle about as bad as a person can and hit the deck. Somehow nobody ever came out of the hotel and saw me but I was down for 10-15 minutes before finally just pulling myself into my car. It was the most pain I'd ever been in but I drove on to the course hoping it would ease.

Am I tough? Gritty? An idiot? I don't know, but I decided to play so I didn't let my teammates down. As you can imagine it didn't go well but I did have two birdies and almost holed out from 142 on one of them. The bad part of all this is that I furthered the damage. I went to the ER today after waking up in terrible pain. I've torn multiple ligaments and have what the ER doc called the nastiest sprain he's ever seen. I can't walk at all but somehow played 18 holes yesterday after it happened. I'm now sidelined for 6 weeks and I'm devastated.

I guess on the bright side my new Srixon irons made it in time and they were phenomenal.

• Sad 8

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone Big Tour 13.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small: KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: :srixon-small: ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: Maxfli TourX (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

20 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

Well, I found this thread a few days ago for the first time and realized after I posted that my problem was insignificant compared to hardships some of you guys were facing. I felt bad for complaining about a club order when others were dealing with actual life issues. 

I guess now it's my turn. This weekend I was in my college town of Statesboro to defend my title at a golf tournament that I shot 71 in last year. It was a 4 man best ball tournament but my three teammates all shot in the 90's so we basically turned in my scorecard, haha. Our Athletic Foundation hosts a tournament for donors every year and I won the inaugural event last year. About an hour and half before my tee time yesterday I stepped off a sidewalk where there happened to be a drainage area so the drop-ff was about 12 inches instead of the normal amount. I rolled my ankle about as bad as a person can and hit the deck. Somehow nobody ever came out of the hotel and saw me but I was down for 10-15 minutes before finally just pulling myself into my car. It was the most pain I'd ever been in but I drove on to the course hoping it would ease.

Am I tough? Gritty? An idiot? I don't know, but I decided to play so I didn't let my teammates down. As you can imagine it didn't go well but I did have two birdies and almost holed out from 142 on one of them. The bad part of all this is that I furthered the damage. I went to the ER today after waking up in terrible pain. I've torn multiple ligaments and have what the ER doc called the nastiest sprain he's ever seen. I can't walk at all but somehow played 18 holes yesterday after it happened. I'm now sidelined for 6 weeks and I'm devastated.

I guess on the bright side my new Srixon irons made it in time and they were phenomenal.

Heal up and in 6-8 weeks you can tell us how great the new irons are!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr   
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

13 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I've got to say, I'm getting a little tired of posting on this thread. After hospital stints, cat getting sick, and losing my mother-in-law life decided to throw something else my way. 

My wife's uncle called, he lives on the property we bought for my mother-in-law, and told us a neighbor's tree fell on our building. It did major damage, cracking supports, warping walls, and knocking out the electricity. 

20220814_152952-01.jpeg.7cc90676818bdd7994a72ff986215f34.jpeg20220814_152802-01.jpeg.3e35b1ef017d2ded08feed926e7585bb.jpeg

Good news is I have insurance and filed a claim because I honestly don't feel like knocking on a door right now and possibly having to deal with confrontation. 

Jason

You have been hit with a lot lately. I know you will get through it all. I just saw you were picked for a testing opportunity. So there is a little light breaking through the clouds.

• Like 3

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Jason

You have been hit with a lot lately. I know you will get through it all. I just saw you were picked for a testing opportunity. So there is a little light breaking through the clouds.

Thank you, Tom. Getting selected for the Stewart cart has definitely been a bright spot the last several weeks. I'm looking forward to being able to get out and enjoy the course with a cart chasing me. I think getting out in nature will be a nice mental break. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Thank you, Tom. Getting selected for the Stewart cart has definitely been a bright spot the last several weeks. I'm looking forward to being able to get out and enjoy the course with a cart chasing me. I think getting out in nature will be a nice mental break. 

Hopefully we get to get a round in together soon. I think MotoCaddy vs The Stewart Cart would make a great story for the forum!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Hopefully we get to get a round in together soon. I think MotoCaddy vs The Stewart Cart would make a great story for the forum!

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to see how the two of them stack up head to head. It's make a great story and some interesting video. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to see how the two of them stack up head to head. It's make a great story and some interesting video. 

Weird, sent you a PM and I got a reply that you can't receive personal messages.

6 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Weird, sent you a PM and I got a reply that you can't receive personal messages.

That is odd, I haven't changed anything and I'm getting PM's on the testing. Let me check into it once I get to work and see if something is up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been off the forum for much of the week and I apologize; I thought maybe I should jump on and explain for bit:

Most of the regulars here have seen me post the occasional pic of my kids Grant, Clark, and Vivian, ages 9, 7, and 5.  What might not be common knowledge, although I know I've mentioned it before, is I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage who live in Tennessee with their Mom...Jolie and Taylor, ages 18 and 15.  Long story short, Jolie's been diagnosed with a heart condition and has been told she needs open heart surgery.

Devastating news to say the least, compounded by my inability to be by her side as she gets this news.  Of course I'll be there for the surgery, and plans are being made to up the visits, but it kills me now more than ever to not be there with her when it gets to her.

No actual surgery date yet; she's of course getting a second opinion and that's resulted in a new battery of tests.  Suffice it to say, golf is not really on my radar right now.

In any event, I wanted to explain my absence of late.  

• Sad 8

Driver:  :honma:TR20 460, Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW:  :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3 & 4H, Mitsubishi MMT 80g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind bent to 55, 60 M Grind bent to 59, Aerotech Steelfiber i110 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot OG Double Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!

5 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Been off the forum for much of the week and I apologize; I thought maybe I should jump on and explain for bit:

Most of the regulars here have seen me post the occasional pic of my kids Grant, Clark, and Vivian, ages 9, 7, and 5.  What might not be common knowledge, although I know I've mentioned it before, is I have 2 daughters from a previous marriage who live in Tennessee with their Mom...Jolie and Taylor, ages 18 and 15.  Long story short, Jolie's been diagnosed with a heart condition and has been told she needs open heart surgery.

Devastating news to say the least, compounded by my inability to be by her side as she gets this news.  Of course I'll be there for the surgery, and plans are being made to up the visits, but it kills me now more than ever to not be there with her when it gets to her.

No actual surgery date yet; she's of course getting a second opinion and that's resulted in a new battery of tests.  Suffice it to say, golf is not really on my radar right now.

Best of luck man and we’ll wishes for the family. Not easy being split and hope you all can handle this in stride

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

8 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

There's never any need of an explanation when things like this happen

Hope all goes well for your daughter.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 6.0
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: Fli Hi 3 & 4 Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 80 6.0

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :mizuno-small: RB Tour or RB Tour X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Hoping and praying for the best.  It's always a good idea to get a second opinion; my BIL's heart was only working at 30% at our local hospital, but when he went to Spokane, it was miraculously a lot better.  Still not as good as it should be, but not bad enough for surgery.

Your place on the forum is reserved... please keep us informed!!

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm sorry to hear about this and it's completely understandable because family takes precedence over everything. I hope things go well for your daughter. If you need anything, we're here for you. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Came back from a golf trip with some college buddies and went to pick up my mom.  She  has been with us since the pandemic started and went to my sisters while i was away.  I had to bring her to the er last night and it turns out she has pneumonia and an intestine issue too.  This is going to be a tough road for a 94 year old.

• Sad 6

Modern Bag: :Sub70:  849 Pro 9*, Accra Tour Z M5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  :Sub70: Raw 50*, Nippon Tour 120 X; :vokey-small: SM9 54* / 10* / S, Wedge Flex ;  :cleveland-small: Tour Action 57*, PX LZ 6.5;   :ping-small: Ancient Anser or Heppler Fetch (depends on the week);  Ball - :Snell: MTB-Black; Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: H2NO 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a little bit of a scare earlier this evening. My wife came in from the bathroom and told me we had very little water pressure. I checked under the house, no leaks. I went to the meter and it wasn't moving. That at least alleviated my stress that I was going to have to dig up the water line tonight and tomorrow.

Turns out, there was a water main break a few miles from here and my whole area is without water. I was just thankful I was able to get a shower in before we lost it all. 

• Like 5