Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How do I stop myself from buying new equipment?

Yup, this for sure will take care of anything like buying stuff for golf.

- Alan

Not necessarily. My wife does not question golf purchases and i don't question shoes and purses. Match made in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

So, let me start by saying I have issues. I wish there was such a thing as golf equipment buyers anonymous because I would be one of their charter members. Right now, I have a bag that is just performing amazingly well for me but I can't stop thinking about new equipment (all the time).

For example, I have a Callaway EPIC SZ. It's been one of the greatest performing drivers I've ever hit, but I've noticed recently that my ball flight seems a little lower than I would like it, so a sane, rational person would just simply raise the loft, however, I keep reading reviews on shafts and decide to instead order a Graphite Design Tour AD TP shaft to see what a mid/high launch shaft with low spin performs like. My fitter doesn't have a lot of exotic shafts and something in me needs to know if this shaft will work better for me. I'll know that answer in a couple of days when it gets here.

A couple of months ago I bought some Titleist 716 AP2 irons. They have performed amazingly well for me. Then I hear this little voice in my head saying, "Hey you, have you heard how awesome the Wilson V6 irons feel. I bet you would love those irons!" I've had to stop myself from pulling the trigger on those about 3 times so far because no one in the area carries them and I want to try them.

Moving on to the putter, I was chosen by MGS to the test the Sentio Sierra putter around the start of the year. It's been the best putter I've ever used and easily lowered my putts per round, but then I read how well the Evnroll putters are performing for people and that voice in my head starts talking to me again.

Basically, every club in my bag is in danger at some point and I need to stop. I do sell all my old equipment online but I never get what I paid for it.

Anyone else have these issues?

Run every purchase by your wife. That'll slow you up.

You can't stop...

Callaway is releasing epic irons next month...

The F7+ is worth a crack.

New TMAG blade coming soon..

O-works releasing all black models,

After all that the M3 range will be out.

Keep it up!!

If you truly want to not be tempted to buy clubs, avoid all golf stores, internet sites and forums  :D .

That's a start but means no more MGS. 

It also does not include your buddy that just bought a new club and is playing way better than he used to.   B)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

You can't stop...

Callaway is releasing epic irons next month...

The F7+ is worth a crack.

New TMAG blade coming soon..

O-works releasing all black models,

After all that the M3 range will be out.

Keep it up!!

Haha don't give him a game plan for spending!  :lol:

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I buy and trade so much s***, that my driver probably cost me $2000 with all the losses I take on the trade ins

This is so friggin true that I hate to admit it. Perhaps I should have picked "Love Stinks" by J. Geils (God rest His soul) as my first tee song.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived