Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What no Fore! Playin' Thru I guess!

Hello fellow forum members,

I've been a member for some years now and bounced around between GolfWRX and here.  I'm older and a little more mature now and have less time on my hands so I don't/cannot come in everyday or comment on everything but I'm going to try to be more of a presence on the forum.  I'm really mad I didn't get picked for that Ping i200 demo.  LOL  So following the advice of MyGolfSpy himself I'm going to be more visible and noteworthy of some gear.  But on the serious side I want to contribute more on here because it helps so many when they're searching for information to find a forum post about it.  Comments that have thought put into them without any trolls - or at least not too many trolls hahaha.

I love reading the articles from Tony and others who write more articles for the site than post on the forums.  For instance how cool was that electric push cart kit article by Dave Wolfe?  Then there's the labs where they test out different things or concepts like fake vs real!  LOL  Laughed when the fake kinda out performed the real deal.

I've played golf since age 3 but was more interested in driving the cart until age 14 when I got serious.  I never was a long hitter or great scorer until after college (life ain't fair sometimes lol  - late bloomer).  Now I am considered long by most especially being 5'7" @130lbs soaking wet - hitting it 280 carry is pretty long.  I jumped on a simulator at Pelican Golf at Arrowhead CC - hit 4 7 irons for the Ping i200 with DG x-100: 191 carry, 193 carry, 192 carry, 194 carry, 189 carry.  I'm not sure if the sim was jacked up but my Mizuno 7 iron goes 175 carry on average.  My claim to fame is 2 holes in one - both at outstanding courses: Grand Geneva Resort @ The Brute was #2 and #1 was at Eagle Ridge @ The General course.  Both on same 7 iron - 177 and 176.  I love that 7 iron.

I've attained my teaching certificate (waste of money) from the USGTF.  If I was full time at a place it would've been worth it but I couldn't put it to use.  I took 2nd place medalist honors but played horribly.  I've taught seniors, ladies, and children.  I've assisted to run a 2 day junior camp covering all age groups.

I've competed in several area tournaments and have aspirations of one day qualifying for the US open.  Having a child recently has definitely put the breaks on that dream lol.  I went from low 70's shooter/occasional 60's shooter  - but this year I can't seem to break 80! (2017)  So frusterating knowing you're better but not able to send the signals through my hands.  If you're familiar with the Dirty Dozen Tournament in Indian Oaks Country Club - I've won it and placed 2nd twice.  It starts out by about 80 guys attempting to qualify for 11 spots.  The 12th spot is last years winner and the 13th spot (bakers dozen) is drawn from a hat of folks who tried but failed to qualify.  It's a sudden death 9 hole match eliminating 2 guys on holes 1-3 and 1 guy per hold after that so you end up with 2 guys coming down the 9th.  Pressure is intensified as people buy you like a calcutta team but it's just you.

I think this is a good intro to start.  I'm glad to finially come out so to speak as a newer member but I'm not new by any facet.  I've posted on mygolfspy for years now and have posted on GolfWRX enough where at one point I was a respected contributor of that community.  I have less time to tinker with equipment or play or post about playing these days but I want to reconnect with the community and post more.  Interact more and perhaps organize an illinois area outting sometime.  I see that a lot of the mygolfspy people hail from Northern Illinois so I think we can make this happen.  I took place in the first ever Illinois outting for GolfWRX outting.  Its was super fun but a low turn out left a bad taste in my mouth.  Also it was so windy it was hard for me to spend the money for Mistwood - it's a nice course.

I usually build my own sets  - I do grips, shafts, shaft pulls under low heat, I can swingweight and paintfills.  I'm also able to do custom stamping.  I don't do much anymore because I'm more about the actually hitting of the ball instead of how pimped my clubs look.  I'll post pics soon though because they are pretty pimped. hahaha...

Happy hunting for those birdies guys n gals.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Now that's an intro!   Welcome back and see ya around. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Welcome back Ben! Hope to see you around the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Welcome aboard!  Nice intro. 

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Howdy and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Nice intro....makes me feel self conscious about mine lol

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Thank you much! 🎉

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

Welcome!!! MGS

hugo-boss.jpgSilvermere-Custom-Fitting-PXG-140x140.pn

Epic Sub - Zero Driver
           Callaway XR16 - 3 Wood
          Callaway XR16 - 5 Hybrid