Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Cleveland CBX Wedges

Brian A

So I couldnt find a topic on these. Has anyone tried them? I currently game the RTX 2.0 CB and have the TM M2 Irons, so based on their description of who these wedges are for, I sound like a good candidate.  My RTX are ok on full swings but not very consistent, usually go sideways to the right when I mishit. However around the green my 56* is deadly and I wouldnt want to change that. Any help or thoughts on these?

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I have switched from the RTX to the CBX. Where I think you'll see the most difference is on full swing. On shorter swings and around the greens they perform how you would expect a wedge to perform. On full swings, off center strikes are punished much less. You are limited in the CBX as far as bounce goes. All the CBX are basically two dot bounce wedges. If you're playing a 1 or 3 dot wedge you'll have a greater adjustment period. I was playing RTX3 in the 2 dot and the CBX were essentially plug and play for me.

Couldn't tell you my bounce, I️ was thinking of the 60* and 52* and keeping my 56* RTX. I️ need shorter clubs for full swings, distance isn't my issue at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

If you're comfortable with the 56 I see no need to replace it. The only reason I didn't keep the RTX3 was I traded them in to offset some of the cost of the new wedges.

Right, that's why I️ am thinking of trading in my 52/60 RTX.

So sounds like you're saying the 60 CBX would be a good short distance full swing club

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

This is one of the questions I hope to get answered when we go to Cleveland next month.  I"m thinking about CBX's for the 48 and 52 degree wedges, which I would use for full shots, and RTX or RTX CB's for the 56 and 60.   We'll have to see how versatile the CBX's are around the green.... 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Apes and Barbs.

One of our members who's a 4 index, has the 50, 54 and 58. He had playe SM6 and MD3 befoe

He said the CBX is better than both. I asked better how, more forgiving, better feel, more accurate?

He said, Yea to all the above. But said the biggest difference is around the green. Despite being a low index he considers himself average at best on chopping.

He said first round with them, got up and down for par om 3 holes. And said that has never happened.

I will have to give these a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Sounds like I may need to test them myself! 

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I play the RTX-3 in 56 and 52 and the RTX-3 CB in 60.  Thought about replacing the 52 with the CBX until I hit the RTX-3 CB.  The CB's are so underrated right now its "Re-Donkulous"

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

I'm with Barbajo, hoping to answer that question in a few weeks now.

I"m all in on more forgiveness where ever I can get it.  I'm not willing to give up the versatility around the greens and in bunkers though.  So for me I'll be spending time with higher lofted CBX wedges in bunkers and around the green to see if they still perform.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

• 2 months later...

I just got four wedges from 46-60 as a bargain for $140 barely used. Shut the front door! Amazing good feel to use them, particularly in full swing. Really nice and very good through the turf.

Cleveland: very smart!

Archived