Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arthritic knuckles

Sluggo42

Its getting painful to hold on to the club more and more. Do you guys think bigger thicker grips would be helpful?

yes getting old sucks...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

The grips might help and they will present some challenges because the larger grips will quiet your hands thus changing the dynamics of your swing. I recommend experimenting with a numbered club you are very confidant hitting. Grips are relatively cheap and very easy to replace.

Arthritis has no sympathy for most of us at some point in our lives. Some challenges are much worse than others. My experience with arthritic patients is not extensive but I do know that what works for one might not work for another. MOBIC has helped me quit a bit. Although I’m only 53 a couple hundred or so jumps out of an airplane can speed up the aging process in the ole joints.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Its getting painful to hold on to the club more and more. Do you guys think bigger thicker grips would be helpful?
yes getting old sucks...

I have the same OA problem. Tried a few different size/type grips and I found that using the mid size grip has helped a lot.
Good luck OA is not fun.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

At the tender age of 47 I have OA in my fingers and knees, in fact, I just had it "grow" in my right thumb, which is the most painful time. As @SteddyGolf said, what works for one may not work for another, but I'm using mid sized grips and I take Glucosomine Condroitin every day and it has help a little. YMMV.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have a set of 13 Oversize Lamkin Crossline full cord that I’ll sell you if you want them. (Still new; i only installed one to try out first). I found them too heavy.

I tried the winn dritac lite oversize too, and they are more of a midsize compared to the Lamkin, but they are light (only 30 grams).

I ended up starting a regimen of msm/glucosamine/chondroitin everyday and my pain has really subsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

There are number of grips listed as good for arthritis most of them are larger (midsize, Oversize & jumbo) and are softer which limits the vibrations. Cord grips are about the worst for vibrations, as they are designed so you feel the maximum feedback from the club face. 

If you are worried about impact to your swing from a larger grip just grip 1-2 clubs and see how they fell and perform for you. 

Some grips to try would be Winn Excel Midsize, Winn DriTac Wrap and the Lamkin Arthitic grip.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

It isn’t the cord, but the firmer rubber, which transmits vibration. And that isn’t the purpose but a side effect. The purpose is that firmer grips twist less than softer grips (it’s advertised as having less “torsional” movement.) A softer grip will move in your hands a bit more, supposedly increasing dispersion. I’ve never noticed any difference myself. As for the purpose of cord, it helps with grip in damp/humid conditions. It’s good for those that don’t like to wear gloves in my experience... cord will tear up a glove.

As for the vibration stuff, some people go so far as to reshaft irons with graphite. For me it wasn’t the vibration that bothered me but just the way the club pulled on my fingers in a full swing... at the bottom of the swing when the club momentum is maxed out you’re holding on at full strength and the club is trying to pull out of your hands really hard. That really caused me some pain. Larger grips helped a tiny bit, but the g/c/msm supplements really helped. A lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver: TM M1 9.5*

4W: Wishon bent FLAT

Irons: Mizuno MP20MB

Wedges: 50/55/60 Mizuno

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Thanks guys, I like the try 1 first idea with something.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Archived