Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

13 hours ago, a802313 said:

Hello all. I have been on the forum for a while but not really active as I had a hiatus from golf. I have been playing golf since I was about 8 and I'm almost 50 now lol. So I just thought I would go through the process of introducing myself properly. 

How long have you been playing golf?

Almost 40 yrs. Played in high school and college. Left the game for about 5 yrs as I was dealing with wrist surgeries and other family stuff. Golf had to take the back burner. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

In high school scratch in my best yrs and after about 2 or 3. Now just getting this back in play for about 8mths about a 15. 

What do you love about golf?

Hitting that one crisp shot that feels so good and keeps u coming back for more!  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

The info and detail. Eventhough I wasn't playing I enjoyed the the reading and keeping up with something golf. 

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm from South FL. From 98 to 22 I lived in Nashville TN. I'm back in WPB area in a town called Loxahatchee. There are dirt roads in South FL and I live off one!  Home course, the course I have played often is Sandhill Crane Golf Club and buddy of.mine takes me out on his course in Wellington at Binks Forrest. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The gators and sometimes the heat. 

What do you do for a living?

I'm a District Manager for a Home Improvement Retailer and run 12 stores from WPB to Cape Canaveral. 

How’d you pick your user name?

One of my old employee numbers from 1995. 

Hello all. I have been on the forum for a while but not really active as I had a hiatus from golf. I have been playing golf since I was about 8 and I'm almost 50 now lol. So I just thought I would go through the process of introducing myself properly. 

How long have you been playing golf?

Almost 40 yrs. Played in high school and college. Left the game for about 5 yrs as I was dealing with wrist surgeries and other family stuff. Golf had to take the back burner. 

What’s your handicap or normal score?

In high school scratch in my best yrs and after about 2 or 3. Now just getting this back in play for about 8mths about a 15. 

Hitting that one crisp shot that feels so good and keeps u coming back for more!  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy?

The info and detail. Eventhough I wasn't playing I enjoyed the the reading and keeping up with something golf. 

Do you already know any other Spies?

I do not. 

I'm from South FL. From 98 to 22 I lived in Nashville TN. I'm back in WPB area in a town called Loxahatchee. There are dirt roads in South FL and I live off one!  Home course, the course I have played often is Sandhill Crane Golf Club and buddy of.mine takes me out on his course in Wellington at Binks Forrest. 

The gators and sometimes the heat. 

I'm a District Manager for a Home Improvement Retailer and run 12 stores from WPB to Cape Canaveral. 

One of my old employee numbers from 1995. 

Welcome!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo

RBZ Tour4 Hybrid, 21.5*, S 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design, 50,54,58, Dynamic Gold S200

Studio Select, Newport 1.5

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, a802313 said:

Yes. Long road but had bone spurs in each wrist. The doc said he has only see that 2 times in the 15 yrs working on hands. I still have pain every now and then. But I feel good and still hit steel shafts. I did.hit graphite aerotechs before I got the surgery to.try to avoid it but still not good. Got.to the point I couldn't shake a hand anymore. 

Thank you for the information. Congratulations on getting back….

I switched to AeroTech shafts for irons and wedges a few years ago. I was put on golf IR a couple of weeks ago. Have appointment on Friday for test results, another exam, and options ( if any ) for the wrists. 
   This is the hidden strength of MGS.. The sharing of information by real people/ golfers with each other. Thank you again. 

Edited by Dead Solid Bogey

Hello all, I'm very new to the world of golf but I must admit it has become quite an obsession so I wanted to jump on here and introduce myself.

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I am VERY new to the game. I have only ever played 3 full rounds so I don't think I can even say I have a real "handicap". I got into it because my son found my dad's old club in the attic and started playing with them in the yard so we put him in lessons. He started getting pretty good so I would get out there with him and play little chipping games. I was picking up on a lot from listening to his lessons and applying it to myself. I played my first actual game the beginning of march and scored really high at 129 but it gave me an idea of what I needed to practice at home and at the range. I've improved a lot and my most recent score was a 107. I know I have a long way to go but I'm really excited to see my improvements and discover new things to work on.

My favorite thing is just being out there and the overwhelming dopamine release you get from hitting a beautiful shot, especially when someone says "I thought you were new to this?". It's been such a positive thing for my family and my favorite past time to do with my husband and son.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

I came across golfspy's Instagram page and followed immediately. I saw that they were looking for equipment testers so I followed the link to enter and ended up here! I don't know any other spies... yet.

I am from north Florida and we have about 7 or 8 courses in my town. I've only had the opportunity to play a couple but definitely looking forward to working my way to the rest!

I would say the best thing is probably the fact that there's not really an "off season" being in Florida. The only "negative" I can think of is that there aren't very many realistic opportunities to walk the courses. I would really love to do that at some point but haven't found the right course yet.

I always cringe when anyone asks me this question because I don't have a self explanatory job like most so it always takes some extra effort. I'm a mother of 2, working full time as the Director of Quality Assurance at a birth tissue acquisition company. My company acquires various birth tissues from consenting mothers then screens, packages, and ships it to partner companies that process it to be used in healing and regenerative medicine. 

It's my Instagram name. I got married super young to my highschool sweetheart 14 years ago so when Instagram came around, I was the only "Mrs." of my friends and it just stuck.

New golfer playing with very old hand me down clubs but eager to learn everything there is to know.

44 minutes ago, Mrsbell89 said:

Hello all, I'm very new to the world of golf but I must admit it has become quite an obsession so I wanted to jump on here and introduce myself.

I am VERY new to the game. I have only ever played 3 full rounds so I don't think I can even say I have a real "handicap". I got into it because my son found my dad's old club in the attic and started playing with them in the yard so we put him in lessons. He started getting pretty good so I would get out there with him and play little chipping games. I was picking up on a lot from listening to his lessons and applying it to myself. I played my first actual game the beginning of march and scored really high at 129 but it gave me an idea of what I needed to practice at home and at the range. I've improved a lot and my most recent score was a 107. I know I have a long way to go but I'm really excited to see my improvements and discover new things to work on.

My favorite thing is just being out there and the overwhelming dopamine release you get from hitting a beautiful shot, especially when someone says "I thought you were new to this?". It's been such a positive thing for my family and my favorite past time to do with my husband and son.

I came across golfspy's Instagram page and followed immediately. I saw that they were looking for equipment testers so I followed the link to enter and ended up here! I don't know any other spies... yet.

I am from north Florida and we have about 7 or 8 courses in my town. I've only had the opportunity to play a couple but definitely looking forward to working my way to the rest!

I would say the best thing is probably the fact that there's not really an "off season" being in Florida. The only "negative" I can think of is that there aren't very many realistic opportunities to walk the courses. I would really love to do that at some point but haven't found the right course yet.

I always cringe when anyone asks me this question because I don't have a self explanatory job like most so it always takes some extra effort. I'm a mother of 2, working full time as the Director of Quality Assurance at a birth tissue acquisition company. My company acquires various birth tissues from consenting mothers then screens, packages, and ships it to partner companies that process it to be used in healing and regenerative medicine. 

It's my Instagram name. I got married super young to my highschool sweetheart 14 years ago so when Instagram came around, I was the only "Mrs." of my friends and it just stuck.

Welcome @Mrsbell89!!!  Just a heads up as well - we have a "Women's Exclusive" forum here, be sure to check it out if you haven't!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

1 hour ago, CFreddie said:

Welcome @Mrsbell89!!!  Just a heads up as well - we have a "Women's Exclusive" forum here, be sure to check it out if you haven't!

Thank you so much! I will definitely check it out!

New golfer playing with very old hand me down clubs but eager to learn everything there is to know.

4 hours ago, Mrsbell89 said:

First off welcome!  Think golf will be an addiction? Wait until you start getting into other areas in the forums!  Some might say it can become an obsession !

How cool is it that you get to play with your son!?  I enjoy seeing the younger generations get involved!

Where in north Florida?

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Mrsbell89 said:

Welcome to the Forum! lots of great people with a love for the game and won't find a better group anywhere!

34 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

First off welcome!  Think golf will be an addiction? Wait until you start getting into other areas in the forums!  Some might say it can become an obsession !

How cool is it that you get to play with your son!?  I enjoy seeing the younger generations get involved!

Where in north Florida?

We are in Tallahassee! I think my son getting into it has been my favorite part and he’s built for it, only 14 and almost 6 ft 120lbs so his swing plane is wide and beautiful. I really want to get my daughter into it but she’s apprehensive to the idea of a male instructor and I’ve had trouble finding a female instructor here…

11 minutes ago, Mrsbell89 said:

We are in Tallahassee! I think my son getting into it has been my favorite part and he’s built for it, only 14 and almost 6 ft 120lbs so his swing plane is wide and beautiful. I really want to get my daughter into it but she’s apprehensive to the idea of a male instructor and I’ve had trouble finding a female instructor here…

Good luck ! I hope she joins you soon!

I'm about 2 hours from TLH. I don't travel for golf much, so haven't played that way.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good luck ! I hope she joins you soon!

I'm about 2 hours from TLH. I don't travel for golf much, so haven't played that way.

I’ve only played at two of the courses so far. I’m holding off on playing the best rated course until i can get my strokes down and pace of play up because it’s super busy and people waiting on me turns me into a head case… But judging by the reviews and what I’ve seen here, there’s probably not much to travel here for 😅

Brand new player

The traditions, game play and many of friends play.

Google search

Eastern North Carolina!

Best thing is weather. Worst thing in my little time is availability of used equipment.

IT networking and security.

Name I use often.

1 minute ago, V3rtigo said:

Brand new player

Google search

Eastern North Carolina!

Best thing is weather. Worst thing in my little time is availability of used equipment.

Name I use often.

Welcome @V3rtigo - whereabouts do you live in Eastern NC?  

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Welcome to MGS @V3rtigo

1 minute ago, V3rtigo said:

Greenville, NC. Home of the Pirates!

Awesome!  You are right near one of the best regions for golf in the country - lucky man!

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

34 minutes ago, V3rtigo said:

Brand new player

Google search

Eastern North Carolina!

Name I use often.

Welcome.. 

1 hour ago, V3rtigo said:

Brand new player

Google search

Eastern North Carolina!

Name I use often.

Welcome to the Forum!

Casual golfer most of my life, but have taken more interest in it since moving to FL in 2022. Currently floating in the high 90s.

The challenge. Part of what’s so awesome about hitting a great shot is knowing how awful it feels to hit a bad one. Truly a sport like no other.

The testing opportunities are something that highly intrigues me because much of my improvement has been data driven with the help of my Garmin Launch Monitor/Sim Software.

Cape Coral, Florida. Coral Oaks Country Club

Most courses lack terrain and features. Greens dry out and turn into plywood in the summers.

Realtor!

Well, who doesn’t love a play on words. 

Callaway Paradym Driver

Callaway Paradym Triple D 3 & 5 woods

Mizuno JPX923 Forged 4-P

Vokey SM9 48*8 54*10 60*4

LAB Golf Link.1 Putter

I picked up golf the summer before highschool when so around 14 and I am now 32. So 18 years I have been playing. My handicap is a +2 currently.

I love the competition within yourself. You are always trying to better your last round or do better on every shot. I like how each hole can be its own tournament and shows you who you are if you can respond to a bad hole or keep the good holes going.

I come to MyGolfSpy to get reviews on clubs and equipment. I don't know any other spies.

I am currently from Sanibel, Florida and my home course is Kelly Greens Golf and Country Club.

The best is the amount of golf courses within a 30 mile radius. During the summer months we are able to play quite a few high end private facilities. The worst part is golfing during season is tough to do with the number of members at the club. You are forced to really just practice on the range or fit in with the members for a game.

I am a Golf Professional

It is a combination of first initial middle initial and last name with my amateur motocross number following it up.

Travis Hopson

Welcome aboard!!!

18 hours ago, tchopson339 said:

I picked up golf the summer before highschool when so around 14 and I am now 32. So 18 years I have been playing. My handicap is a +2 currently.

I love the competition within yourself. You are always trying to better your last round or do better on every shot. I like how each hole can be its own tournament and shows you who you are if you can respond to a bad hole or keep the good holes going.

I come to MyGolfSpy to get reviews on clubs and equipment. I don't know any other spies.

I am currently from Sanibel, Florida and my home course is Kelly Greens Golf and Country Club.

The best is the amount of golf courses within a 30 mile radius. During the summer months we are able to play quite a few high end private facilities. The worst part is golfing during season is tough to do with the number of members at the club. You are forced to really just practice on the range or fit in with the members for a game.

I am a Golf Professional

It is a combination of first initial middle initial and last name with my amateur motocross number following it up.

Welcome.. 

Welcome to the Forum @Par_sighted and @tchopson339!

- About 25 years.  Used to play regularly, just getting back into it now.  Tough to say for handicap; just played my first round with my new Sim2 Max irons after having a set of Pine Eye2's for the last 20+ years.  Also got a full set of used Cleveland wedges, and a new mallet putter.  First round playing all these new clubs shot 86 which is my lowest round in years.  

- Hitting a pure shot

- Came here initially for all of the reviews, then found the forums.  Not aware of any other spies that I know.

- Nebraska initially, N. San Diego County for about 25 years, just moved to East TN 2 two years ago.  Don't have a home course here.  Play TN National quite a bit with friends that are members there, and have played Bear Trace a couple time.

- No courses real close by; but for the most part it's a lot cheaper than So Cal.

27 minutes ago, Lafn96 said:

- About 25 years.  Used to play regularly, just getting back into it now.  Tough to say for handicap; just played my first round with my new Sim2 Max irons after having a set of Pine Eye2's for the last 20+ years.  Also got a full set of used Cleveland wedges, and a new mallet putter.  First round playing all these new clubs shot 86 which is my lowest round in years.  

- Hitting a pure shot

- Came here initially for all of the reviews, then found the forums.  Not aware of any other spies that I know.

- Nebraska initially, N. San Diego County for about 25 years, just moved to East TN 2 two years ago.  Don't have a home course here.  Play TN National quite a bit with friends that are members there, and have played Bear Trace a couple time.

- No courses real close by; but for the most part it's a lot cheaper than So Cal.

Welcome to the Forum!

On 5/3/2024 at 2:35 PM, V3rtigo said:

Brand new player

Google search

Eastern North Carolina!

Name I use often.

Welcome from a fellow Tar Heel State resident.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max D, 9.0 Degrees

Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline, 15 Degrees

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP-H5 2-Iron 18 Degrees

Irons: Cobra LTDx, 5-GW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 (50, 54 bent to 55, 60)

Putter: LeanLock APA Model Blade/Yes Marilyn C-Groove

Currently Reviewing: Byrdie Golf Design

Past Reviews: Titleist White Box and Lean Lock Putter

1 hour ago, Lafn96 said:

- Hitting a pure shot

Welcome… Kick back, make yourself comfortable and stay awhile. 

I have been playing golf on and off for 14 years. I recently started playing twice a month and hitting the range about twice a week. My handicap right now is 14.8.

I love the challenge that golf brings. I love competing and in golf it feels like I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to hit a shot.

I really don't know many golfers in my area and I would love to hear opinions on clubs and things people did to improve. I currently don't know any other spies. 

I am from Tennessee and my home course is Swan Lake.

The best and worst is the weather. We will have great weather and be able to golf with great weather for weeks and then big storm or courses close for the winter. 

Currently a counselor working specifically with couples and families, but working on starting a small business.

My middle name and initials. 

Swing like you mean it

45 minutes ago, donyell94 said:

I have been playing golf on and off for 14 years. I recently started playing twice a month and hitting the range about twice a week. My handicap right now is 14.8.

I love the challenge that golf brings. I love competing and in golf it feels like I am constantly trying to figure out new ways to hit a shot.

I really don't know many golfers in my area and I would love to hear opinions on clubs and things people did to improve. I currently don't know any other spies. 

I am from Tennessee and my home course is Swan Lake.

The best and worst is the weather. We will have great weather and be able to golf with great weather for weeks and then big storm or courses close for the winter. 

Currently a counselor working specifically with couples and families, but working on starting a small business.

My middle name and initials. 

Welcome…