Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Southeast: KY, TN, NC, SC, AL, GA, FL

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/ has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

Hey everyone, my name is Pat and I'm based out of Charlotte, NC. I've spent the last 5 years completing a goal of playing a round of golf in every state before turning 30. Now with that behind me, I'm looking forward to playing more golf in the Charlotte area!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

I've been playing golf since 2012, and my handicap is currently 19. I normally score around 92-94, but also am really inconsistent with where and when I play. I think with more consistency and knowing courses better I could get down to 15 or so.

What do you love about golf?

What's not to love? For me, it's the constant pursuit of bettering your game, and being able to enjoy a game that combines sport and the natural world in one. Golf is always fun when it gets competitive and you can throw some jabs at friends, but for me, I enjoy it more when you can go out and relax, play a casual round with buddies, and enjoy a day on the course. Some of the best golf experiences have been when playing without expectations rather than playing with folks taking the game too seriously. I'm no Tiger, and won't play professionally ever, so why stress out after a bad shot? On to the next one!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

Product testing, product reviews, and honest feedback from others on products! I don't know any other spies.

Where are you from? What is your home course?

I'm based in Charlotte, NC and the courses I play most frequently are Sifford as well as Revolution.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

Best - NC has so much to offer...mountain golf, parkland golf, unique golf (e.g., Pinehurst), beach golf.
Worst - Public golf prices...really hard to find great value and good conditions. If it's a low price, course is probably in rough shape, and if it's in decent shape, it's pretty expensive.

What do you do for a living?

I do Corporate Communications and have worked in both the retail and hospitality industries.

How’d you pick your user name?

I just finished playing a round of gold in every state before turning 30!

---
WITB
Driver - Cobra F9 10.5 w/ HZRDUS Smoke S Shaft | 3W - TM Stealth 2+ w/ HZRDUS Black Gen 4 60 Shaft
3 Hybrid - TM Stealth 2 19 degree w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX Hy Shaft
4i thru 9i - Callaway Rogue ST Pro w/ Project X Rifle 6.0. Shaft | PW, AW - Callaway Rogue ST Pro w/ Project X Rifle 6.0. Shaft
Sand Wedge - 56 degree TaylorMade ATV | Lob Wedge - 60 degree TaylorMade MG2 Raw Face
Putter - Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been around a golf course since I was a kid but didn’t start seriously playing until 20 years ago.   Current handicap is a 7.6

What do you love about golf?  What’s not to love about golf.  Outdoors with friends and the competition just keeps bringing me back.  I’ve been fortunate to go to Scotland 3 times and Ireland once.   Attached picture is from Streamsong.   And already have a trip planned to Brandon Dunes in ‘24.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve followed MyGolfSpy on Twitter and listened to the podcasts for quite sometime now.  Just recently joined the forum and applied to be a tester.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from Harrisburg, PA but now live in Louisville, KY.  Lived in Greenville, SC prior to Louisville.  Playing Charlie Vettiner and some other local courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have a fairly long golf season if you don’t mind playing late fall as well.  The humidity can be a little tough at times.

What do you do for a living?  Recently retired from a large shipping company and now working my dream job pulling carts a few mornings prior to heading out and playing.

How’d you pick your user name?  I’ve had it for a number of years now and thought it was a good goal.

IMG_0876.jpeg

Edited by Bogeyfree69
typos

Driver: TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5 degree, Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-S

3W: TaylorMade M4 15 Degree, Fujikura Atmos Red FW 6-R

5W: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Fujikura Ventus TR Red FW 6-S

4HY: TaylorMade Stealth 2 (22 deg) Fujikura Speeder NX Red HY 60-S

Irons:  5-6 Titleist 716 AP1 True Temper XP90 (R300), 7-G Titleist 718 AP3 True Temper AMT Black (R300) 

Wedges: Titleist SM9: 54.10 S Grind KBS Tour Lite, 58.10 S Grind KBS Tour Lite

Putter: Odyssey TRI-HOT 5K Seven DB

Ball:  Titleist Pro V1x or Vice Pro Plus

Bag:  Titleist Players 4 Plus StaDry

1 minute ago, Bogeyfree69 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I’ve been around a golf course since I was a kid but didn’t start seriously playing until 20 years ago.   Current handicap is a 7.6

What do you love about golf?  What’s not to love about golf.  Outdoors with friends and the competition just keeps bringing mr back.  I’ve been fortunate to go to Scotland 3 times and Ireland once.   Attached picture is from Streamsong.   And already have a trip planned to Brandon Dunes in ‘24.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve followed MyGolfSpy on Twitter and listened to the podcasts for quite sometime now.  Just recently joined the forum and applied to be a tester.

Where are you from? What is your home course?  I’m from Harrisburg, PA but now live in Louisville, KY.  Lived in Greenville, SC prior to Louisville.  Playing Charlie Vettiner and some other local courses.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  We have a fairly long golf season if you don’t mind playing late fall as well.  The humidity can be a little tough at times.

What do you do for a living?  Recently retired from a large shipping company and now working my dream job pulling carts a few mornings prior to heading up and playing.

How’d you pick your user name?  I’ve had it for a number of years now and thought it was a good goal.

IMG_0876.jpeg

Welcome aboard!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing on and off since I was 5 (38 now). Currently I’m a 3.2

What do you love about golf? I love that it still keeps me competitive but having fun at the same time  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love getting the inside scoop and reviews on any and all products!

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Johns Creek, GA and play out of Atlanta Athletic Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the courses and worst is easily that everything is private  

What do you do for a living? I am a Talent Acquisition Manager for a global insurance company

How’d you pick your user name? I have used the same username for as long as I can remember. But it’s my first initial, last name, and birthday. 

2023 WITB:

- TSi3 10* w/ ventus blk 6x

- Sim TI 15* w/ Speeder TR 757x

-G425 19* w/ Tour 80x

-T100s Black w/ PX 6.5 BLACKOUT

- Zipcore 50, 56,60 DG Tour Spinner

- Bettinardi BB0 Tour

35 minutes ago, Jstalder1113 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing on and off since I was 5 (38 now). Currently I’m a 3.2

What do you love about golf? I love that it still keeps me competitive but having fun at the same time  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I love getting the inside scoop and reviews on any and all products!

Where are you from? What is your home course? I’m from Johns Creek, GA and play out of Atlanta Athletic Club

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is the courses and worst is easily that everything is private  

What do you do for a living? I am a Talent Acquisition Manager for a global insurance company

How’d you pick your user name? I have used the same username for as long as I can remember. But it’s my first initial, last name, and birthday. 

Welcome! I love AAC! I worked the 2011 PGA Championship there and got to play it the following year with a member I met while working. I was a better golfer back then, made the turn at +1 and a storm cancelled the rest of my 9 there. Never made it back to finish the round but went back to the 2021 LPGA Championship just to see the course again.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter: L.A.B. DF3 34"/67°
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

5 hours ago, Jstalder1113 said:

Welcome aboard!

Cleveland

Hello all,

How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing about 2 years now

What’s your handicap or normal score? I have a 7.8 handicap with a normal score of 82

What do you love about golf? I love that its independent, all mistakes are on me, if something goes wrong, its on me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I'd love to be a tester, but I also look on the site to see which clubs, balls, putters, etc are best for the current year!

Do you already know any other Spies? I do not.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from SC and I play a couple of courses near Rockhill

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that the grass loves the sun, the bad thing is the temperature is 100 with 80% humidity.

What do you do for a living? I am a college student full time

How’d you pick your user name? Just my name and after the Boeing 747.

Holed out on 18 in first-ever golf round!

Good Afternoon Y'all,

Keep things simple and definitely give props for the simple layout for introductions.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

-Since I was about 5 years old. At a 25 as of recent.

2. What do you love about golf?

- The challenge, being outside, and there is just that feeling when you have that crazy chip or flushed drive.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

-Have been a long time subscriber to their Youtube, I did not know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?

-Charleston SC, As of current Pine Forest Country Club.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- The weather making it practically a year round sport. Limited course so cost is very high.

6. What do you do for a living?

-Running a Franchise commercial cleaning company.

7. How’d you pick your user name?

-Kept is simple to match others.

Hoping to grow in knowledge of the game, improve my own, and utilities this for maybe few golf partners.

Have a great day Y'all!!!

-JKV

3 hours ago, James747 said:

Hello all,

How long have you been playing golf? I've been playing about 2 years now

What’s your handicap or normal score? I have a 7.8 handicap with a normal score of 82

What do you love about golf? I love that its independent, all mistakes are on me, if something goes wrong, its on me.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I'd love to be a tester, but I also look on the site to see which clubs, balls, putters, etc are best for the current year!

Do you already know any other Spies? I do not.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from SC and I play a couple of courses near Rockhill

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The best thing is that the grass loves the sun, the bad thing is the temperature is 100 with 80% humidity.

What do you do for a living? I am a college student full time

How’d you pick your user name? Just my name and after the Boeing 747.

Welcome aboard! 

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, All

I am new to mygolfspy and wanted to make a quick introduction. Looking forward to connecting with everyone on here and greatly improving my golf game!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been "playing" golf since I was in high school. By "playing" I mean, I would occasionally go out with some friends and pretty much try and hit the ball as far as I could. No real intention or goal in mind. I would say right now I am somewhere around a 20 handicap. It has been awhile since I have kept one, even went a few years without picking up a club.

What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of the game and the pure "high" that comes from hitting a well struck golf ball that actually does what you wanted it to do!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am taking up a personally mission to really improve my gold game. I have never played golf comparatively, but I played sports all through high-school and college and this is my new arena to compete in.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in the St. Augustine, FL area (South of Sawgrass) and my "home course" is the St. John's County Municipal Course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? My area is fantastic for golf! Year round playing conditions and a good amount of courses available to play. Compared to places I have lived in the past, golf seems to be in much higher demand and more expensive to play. One can expect a weekend round of golf to take a very long time at the public courses. 

What do you do for a living? Currently I am a consultant, mainly in the O&G space. 

How’d you pick your user name? Easy, my initials and my college number.

Welcome @JW45!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

26 minutes ago, JW45 said:

Hey, All

I am new to mygolfspy and wanted to make a quick introduction. Looking forward to connecting with everyone on here and greatly improving my golf game!

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been "playing" golf since I was in high school. By "playing" I mean, I would occasionally go out with some friends and pretty much try and hit the ball as far as I could. No real intention or goal in mind. I would say right now I am somewhere around a 20 handicap. It has been awhile since I have kept one, even went a few years without picking up a club.

What do you love about golf? I love the challenge of the game and the pure "high" that comes from hitting a well struck golf ball that actually does what you wanted it to do!

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I am taking up a personally mission to really improve my gold game. I have never played golf comparatively, but I played sports all through high-school and college and this is my new arena to compete in.

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in the St. Augustine, FL area (South of Sawgrass) and my "home course" is the St. John's County Municipal Course. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? My area is fantastic for golf! Year round playing conditions and a good amount of courses available to play. Compared to places I have lived in the past, golf seems to be in much higher demand and more expensive to play. One can expect a weekend round of golf to take a very long time at the public courses. 

What do you do for a living? Currently I am a consultant, mainly in the O&G space. 

How’d you pick your user name? Easy, my initials and my college number.

Welcome aboard JW and you came to an awesome place concerning all things golf!

Cleveland

- Ive been playing for about 20-25 years (started very young so its hard to determine when I started "playing)

- My normal score is around an 80. Ill break 80 regularly but then shoot nothing but 85 for a couple weeks. My handicap is a 5.0

- That it is a very unique challenge. Its you vs yourself and nature. You have to build physical and mental strengths to play this game. That it is different everytime you play and theres no way to master it but there are plenty of ways to do it well

- I did not. I just came here from the youtube videos

- Im from Charlotte, NC but my home course is now Pine Tree Country Club in Birmingham, AL

- Its very hot during the summer which is fine, the winters arent horrible so you can play year round, but it rains a lot in the beginning of the year

- Im an Architect

- Its my old gokart racing name

I hit it far (into the woods)

Driver:  default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg TSR-3; Ventus Blue TR 60-X

3 Wood:  default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg TSi; Tensei White AV 75-X

Driving Iron:  default_mizuno-small.jpg.a36f061358f683813c18ea644679f227.jpg Pro 225 2-Iron; KBS Tour C-Taper 130x

Irons: default_mizuno-small.jpg.a36f061358f683813c18ea644679f227.jpg JPX Tour 4-PW; KBS Tour C-Taper 130x

Wedges: 51° Taylormade MG4, default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg 56º Vokey Spin Milled, default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg 60º Vokey SM9

Putter:  default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 

Preferred Ball: default_titelist-small.jpg.a44d3a1f2bc0505f21dbb17338df4dc9.jpg Titleist ProV1 or Titleist ProV1 Left Dot

- Ive been playing for about 20-25 years (started very young so its hard to determine when I started "playing)
- My normal score is around an 80. Ill break 80 regularly but then shoot nothing but 85 for a couple weeks. My handicap is a 5.0
- That it is a very unique challenge. Its you vs yourself and nature. You have to build physical and mental strengths to play this game. That it is different everytime you play and theres no way to master it but there are plenty of ways to do it well
- I did not. I just came here from the youtube videos
- Im from Charlotte, NC but my home course is now Pine Tree Country Club in Birmingham, AL
- Its very hot during the summer which is fine, the winters arent horrible so you can play year round, but it rains a lot in the beginning of the year
- Im an Architect
- Its my old gokart racing name

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

1. Been playing golf since 1990, when my old Commander recommended I pick up the sport because the golf course is where decisions are made. My handicap is an 8,

2. What I love about the game , to quote the Legend of Bagger Vance, “ Golf is a game that’s played, not won” Every round is a new challenge, you go out to give the course your best, sometimes you prevail, but others you don’t. The ultimate individual sport, it’s you against the course, no one else to depend on but yourself.

3. Found GolfSpy through twitter, been a follower ever since! 

4. Originally from New Jersey. Retired Air Force currently residing in North Carolina. Home course is Anderson Creek Golf Club.

5. Best thing about playing in my area is the abundance of courses, and the ability to play almost year round. Worst, summer humidity!

6. IT Cloud Program Manager 

7. My initials.

P.K.G

WITB:

Callaway Great Big Bertha B21 10 deg

Callaway Great Big Bertha B21 3 Wood

PXG 0311 Gen 6 4-Gap

PXG Sugar Daddy 2 56 deg

PXG Sugar Daddy 2 60 deg

PXG Spitfire Putter

P.K.G

How long have I been playing golf? I started playing at 8 with my dad and played consistently through high school. Once I got to college golf took a backseat and I picked back up playing at 24 and for the last 12 years have gotten 50+ rounds in annually. Handicap currently sits at 4.4 and has been between 3.5 and 5 for the last few years  

What do I love about golf?  It allows me to spend the kind of quality time with my dad and now my sons that I remember from my childhood. 

What brings you to my golf spy? Initially it was to sell a set a clubs I bought on a whim and didn’t care for. But after signing up I started reading more of the articles especially the ball lab.

Where are you from and what your home course? I live in Spring Hill, TN and play most of my golf at Greystone Golf Club in Dickson, TN. But I play public courses and when I’m lucky a few private courses here in Middle Tennessee.

What are the best and worst about golf in your region? The best thing is that there is really no off-season I’ve played on 70 degree New Year’s Eve rounds and 100 degree rounds mid summer. The worst is the quality and rates of public courses in the area.

What do you do for a living? General Contractor working mostly in insurance restoration.

How did you pick your user name? First initial last name and year I was born. 

Edited by Mrecio87

Just here to play a little whack. ****!

8 hours ago, Mrecio87 said:

How long have I been playing golf? I started playing at 8 with my dad and played consistently through high school. Once I got to college golf took a backseat and I picked back up playing at 24 and for the last 12 years have gotten 50+ rounds in annually. Handicap currently sits at 4.4 and has been between 3.5 and 5 for the last few years  

What do I love about golf?  It allows me to spend the kind of quality time with my dad and now my sons that I remember from my childhood. 

What brings you to my golf spy? Initially it was to sell a set a clubs I bought on a whim and didn’t care for. But after signing up I started reading more of the articles especially the ball lab.

Where are you from and what your home course? I live in Spring Hill, TN and play most of my golf at Greystone Golf Club in Dickson, TN. But I play public courses and when I’m lucky a few private courses here in Middle Tennessee.

What are the best and worst about golf in your region? The best thing is that there is really no off-season I’ve played on 70 degree New Year’s Eve rounds and 100 degree rounds mid summer. The worst is the quality and rates of public courses in the area.

What do you do for a living? General Contractor working mostly in insurance restoration.

How did you pick your user name? First initial last name and year I was born. 

Welcome aboard and enjoy.  Lot's of great info and it's an awesome community!

Cleveland

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since mid to late 1980s. I'm an 8 handicap. My scores are usually high 70s to low 80s

What do you love about golf? the challenge of the game..I can shoot 73 on a Sunday and by Saturday I am up to 89 (just happened a few weeks ago). I feel like I always have to be looking to improve

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? some of the interesting topics

Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in Boston, have lived in Tampa since 2006 and my home course is River Hills CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Tampa means 'sticks of fire' ie lightning. The summer months are brutally hot and usually wet. The winters and spring are heavenly 

What do you do for a living? I am a Realtor, so anyone looking to move to Tampa, please reach out to me

How’d you pick your user name? My driver headcover is a Dapne Bobcat and since my first name is Bob, I am BobCatGolfer 

WITB:

Driver - PXG Gen 6 0311

3W - Calloway Paradym

2 Hybrid - PXG Gen 6 0311

Irons - 4i - GW PXG Gen 5 Extreme Black 0311P (4 and 5i) 0311T 6-GW)

Wedges - PXG SG2 54 and 58 degree

Putter - PXG Battle Ready Brandon 

Ball - Vice Pro Soft 

Untitled_Artwork (1).jpeg

1358431.jpg

Edited by BobCatGolf

3 Hole in Ones (25% skill and 75% luck)

WITB:

Driver - PXG Gen 6 0311

3W - Calloway Paradym

Ball - Vice Pro Soft 

3 hours ago, LeftyAbruzz said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing since mid to late 1980s. I'm an 8 handicap. My scores are usually high 70s to low 80s

What do you love about golf? the challenge of the game..I can shoot 73 on a Sunday and by Saturday I am up to 89 (just happened a few weeks ago). I feel like I always have to be looking to improve

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? some of the interesting topics

Where are you from? What is your home course? I grew up in Boston, have lived in Tampa since 2006 and my home course is River Hills CC

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Tampa means 'sticks of fire' ie lightning. The summer months are brutally hot and usually wet. The winters and spring are heavenly 

What do you do for a living? I am a Realtor, so anyone looking to move to Tampa, please reach out to me

How’d you pick your user name? My driver headcover is a Dapne Bobcat and since my first name is Bob, I am BobCatGolfer 

WITB:

Driver - PXG Gen 6 0311

3W - Calloway Paradym

Ball - Vice Pro Soft 

Untitled_Artwork (1).jpeg

1358431.jpg

Welcome @LeftyAbruzz!!!

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge/Testing Bag (Link Here)

Driver: image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Paradym with Ventus TR Blue 60 Stiff

Fairways:  image.png.c4f821ba6925e5e146c31600685bf103.png Aerojet Max 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Hybrid:  image.png.c21137d282a252fb544e47aceb520176.png King TEC 5H with KBS PGI 95 Stiff

Irons:  image.png.6621a18e06b1717c1f774c4a561fd7d8.png Forged TEC 5-GW with KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  image.png.ca83f4e6716da9276cf90826f633daca.png Jaws Raw Plasma 54 & 58

Putter:  image.png.c8e6824d2c38fa85d20ca21913fbb2b1.pngPhantom X 5.5

Ball: 2023 Maxfli Tour

Other Reviews:

Callaway Paradym

Titleist White Box Testing (2023)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing for 43 years, I only know that because I started the beginning of my freshman year of high school which was 1980.  I jokingly say that my handicap is a lack of talent but at 57 I'm playing the best golf of my life with scores staying right around even par.

What do you love about golf? I love that I'm pretty good at it, I don't have a regular group I play with so I usually just go get paired up, but the best part is just going out there and playing.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I work in golf retail and the info MGS shares helps me give the best information I can to my customers.  I finally noticed the forum after reading quite a few articles, yeah, I know, I'm kinda slow. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Clay County Fl which is in the NE part of the state.  The closest I have to a home course is the Fleming Islang GC. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf and enough rain to keep most of them in pretty good shape.  Worst - while it seems like a contradiction, the amount of rain we get.  I have arthritis in my spine and walking hurts, if I'm told it's cart path only it's going to be a bad day. 

What do you do for a living? I run the golf department at a big box retail store. 

How’d you pick your user name? It's just my initials and last name. 

Jim 

Driver Mizuno STG-220 w/Tensei Orange 60s

Irons Mizuno MP20-HMB 4-P Mitsubishi MMT in 4,5,6  Modus 120s 7-PW

Wedges Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58 Modus 130x (I know, I'm weird)

Putter Ping i90 50" broomstick

39 minutes ago, JD Fidler said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing for 43 years, I only know that because I started the beginning of my freshman year of high school which was 1980.  I jokingly say that my handicap is a lack of talent but at 57 I'm playing the best golf of my life with scores staying right around even par.

What do you love about golf? I love that I'm pretty good at it, I don't have a regular group I play with so I usually just go get paired up, but the best part is just going out there and playing.  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I work in golf retail and the info MGS shares helps me give the best information I can to my customers.  I finally noticed the forum after reading quite a few articles, yeah, I know, I'm kinda slow. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am in Clay County Fl which is in the NE part of the state.  The closest I have to a home course is the Fleming Islang GC. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best - year round golf and enough rain to keep most of them in pretty good shape.  Worst - while it seems like a contradiction, the amount of rain we get.  I have arthritis in my spine and walking hurts, if I'm told it's cart path only it's going to be a bad day. 

What do you do for a living? I run the golf department at a big box retail store. 

How’d you pick your user name? It's just my initials and last name. 

Glad you hopped on board with us.  Enjoy!

Cleveland

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings MGS community,

I have been a follower of the data and YT channel for a while. I am glad to be here and chatting with some other avid golf fanatics. I love to play and was serious for a while, but family and injuries put it on the back burner. The kids are grown now, and I bought my first set of new fitted irons for the first time in almost 15 years last week. Ready to try and shoot par again, but enjoy it more than I did when I was in my 20s.

How long have you been playing golf?
        32 years now, wow I am getting old, but had to take it very easy for a number a years with injuries.
    What’s your handicap or normal score?
    I am back in the mid 80s, but used to be mid-high 70s when playing at least once a week.
    What do you love about golf?
    The camaraderie, values, challenge, and time in nature.
    What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    I have wanted to be part of the MGS community for a while, but my body wasn't letting me play without severe pain for a long time. Finally healthy-ish again so wanted to jump in.
    Where are you from? What is your home course?
    All over the place, but I call NWestern NC home now, and I play a little place called Silo Run regularly. I don't really have a "home" course. I like to play Tanglewood regularly too.
    What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    Best, mountain to flatland courses within an easy drive. Worst, my closest club has really went through hard times and doesn't have the population for an investor to treat it right.
    What do you do for a living?
    I have been a Telecom Engineer for 30 years.
    How’d you pick your user name?
    I picked it years ago as a handle to blow up the cliques. I always got along with all groups and didn't like seeing some great people excluded because they were too poor, shy, geeky...whatever so CliqBoom

Cliqboom,

Keep it fun.

TS1im irons w/UST shafts, Mixed woods, TM wedges, Ping flatstick.

Hello all, New here, thought I'd do the intro...

1)How long have you been playing Golf? Handicap/normal score?   Started playing in 2015, GHIN tells me I'm an 8 handicap, I feel like I'm more of a 12... last 3 rounds were 78,82,96. They call me Mr. Consistent.

2)what do you love about golf?   Played D1 Tennis and am hyper competitive, especially with myself. I love the challenge of, and satisfaction in, hitting the perfect shot exactly as you saw it in your head.

3)what brought me to GolfSpy? Have read several articles/forums, thought it'd be a nice community to learn about new equipment and others experiences with them.

4) Where are you from? Home course? Originally from Charlotte, Been in Raleigh area for about 2 years.  Still consider my home course either Red Bridge GC or Edgewater GC, both in charlotte area. In Raleigh, Lochmere GC.

5) best and worst things about golf here?    Best: # of decent courses in the area... Worst: overall speed of play, lack of decent Marshall's 

6) what do you do for a living?   Outside sales manager for Concrete and Excavation company.

* I can 3 putt anything*

Hello all, New here, thought I'd do the intro...
1)How long have you been playing Golf? Handicap/normal score?   Started playing in 2015, GHIN tells me I'm an 8 handicap, I feel like I'm more of a 12... last 3 rounds were 78,82,96. They call me Mr. Consistent.
2)what do you love about golf?   Played D1 Tennis and am hyper competitive, especially with myself. I love the challenge of, and satisfaction in, hitting the perfect shot exactly as you saw it in your head.
3)what brought me to GolfSpy? Have read several articles/forums, thought it'd be a nice community to learn about new equipment and others experiences with them.
4) Where are you from? Home course? Originally from Charlotte, Been in Raleigh area for about 2 years.  Still consider my home course either Red Bridge GC or Edgewater GC, both in charlotte area. In Raleigh, Lochmere GC.
5) best and worst things about golf here?    Best: # of decent courses in the area... Worst: overall speed of play, lack of decent Marshall's 
6) what do you do for a living?   Outside sales manager for Concrete and Excavation company.

Welcome and enjoy!

Cleveland

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I started playing golf when I was 8 but the football coaches made me quit in high school. I started back when after my son turned 16 (almost 5 years ago) and have fallen back in love with it. My handicap is a 3.5 but I disagree with it.

I love everything about golf. The continues grind to get better or just stay where you are. I love being outside, hearing nature and the peace that comes with playing an afternoon 9 after a crazy day at work. I like playing different courses 

I read a lot of articles about equipment on Myspy and decided to join the club. I do not know any spys but see there are several in my area. 

I am from Huntsville, AL and my home course is Huntsville Country Club

Golf in Alabama is pretty nice. Hot but nice. It does not get very cold so year round is an option for those warriors. The turf is pretty firm and I like that.

I have a privacy fence company

My username comes from my life long nickname Dough Boy 🙂

Driver is Stealth, TSI 5 wood, Tour edge exotics 4 hybrid, 5-pw ZX7,s 50/54/58 Zipcore, Newport 2

Hello all,
    I started playing golf when I was 8 but the football coaches made me quit in high school. I started back when after my son turned 16 (almost 5 years ago) and have fallen back in love with it. My handicap is a 3.5 but I disagree with it.
I love everything about golf. The continues grind to get better or just stay where you are. I love being outside, hearing nature and the peace that comes with playing an afternoon 9 after a crazy day at work. I like playing different courses 
I read a lot of articles about equipment on Myspy and decided to join the club. I do not know any spys but see there are several in my area. 
I am from Huntsville, AL and my home course is Huntsville Country Club
Golf in Alabama is pretty nice. Hot but nice. It does not get very cold so year round is an option for those warriors. The turf is pretty firm and I like that.
I have a privacy fence company
My username comes from my life long nickname Dough Boy

Welcome aboard!

Cleveland

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf for about 10 years. I don't really keep a handicap but I shoot in the 80's sometimes low 80's sometimes high 80"s. 

What do you love about golf? I love how it is very simple and extremely difficult at the same time. I also find that golf is the only sport where it is you versus nature and nature always has the upper hand. I think walking and playing golf is as close to nirvana as a person can get. 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I enjoyed the articles and videos on youtube. I currently do not know any other spies. 

Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Louisa Kentucky(Eastern Kentucky). I live on the West Virginia and Kentucky Border. My home course is a state park that is named Yatesville Lake Golf Course(formerly Eagle Ridge). In my opinion it's  a hidden gem in the area as it has beautiful scenery is very challenging and is well maintained because it is owned by the state. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Cheap Prices to play golf(free to walk my course!)There really isn't a worse but if I had to pick one  I think the geo-economical climate of my area makes it hard for more golf courses to go in, if my home course wasn't ran by the state I'm not sure if it would still be there. So being short winded a lack of variety of golf courses. 

What do you do for a living? I am a high school special education teacher.

How’d you pick your user name? I have a robust waistline and I am a southpaw. 

Chet Pelfrey  

SouthPaw 

Titleist TSI2(9°)

Titleist 915(13.5°)

Titleist u510 3 Iron 

Titleist 716 AP1's 5-AW 

Titleist SM5( 56°,60°)

GoodWood Custom G7 

Titleist AVX