Our Sponsors

Another thing to consider with Bryson’s wedges is he went to single length (with 10 degree upright lie angles) as a collegiate golfer, one of the reasons he cited at the time was that one length + the 10* upright put him in an upright plane that alleviated tightness in his lower back. Going with shorter length clubs, or flatter lie angles may be off the table completely for him if he thinks it could lead to or even contribute to an injury. 

I don’t know anything about biomechanics or sports therapy etc, but there is a fitter who has a partnership with Cobra selling 39”, upright lie, one length irons specifically for golfers w lower back problems, so there may be something to it?

Another thing I have been curious about with him is, why are the irons 10 up, but the driver isnt? It seems like he is trying to keep the exact same spine angle for every club in the bag (driver down to wedges) and the only way to keep a driver spine angle in your wedges is to lengthen them and stand them up 10 degrees? If he is designing his golf swing with a specific spine angle locked in as a constraint, you will never see standard wedges in his bag. I don’t really know enough about it to say for sure, so please school me on it if I’m way off base.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

On 7/7/2020 at 11:27 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

He does have his shots planned out. The plan is to hit the ball as far as he can off the tee. He hits FW or Hybrid when he can’t hit driver as seen in the previous weeks when holes that fairway run out where the driver or FW would. Other guys were hitting irons instead of hybrids to find their right distance. 

Of course, but just saying maybe not hit it so close and maybe he is better with a 9 iron. Eitherway I see no problem with him at all since he is winning every week. 

Of course, but just saying maybe not hit it so close and maybe he is better with a 9 iron. Eitherway I see no problem with him at all since he is winning every week. 

Touring pros will hit the ball closer to the hole the closer they get to the green. He will hit it closer from 75 yards with some wedge than 150 with his 9 iron.

Stats are relative, mid pack from 75 yards is going to be better than top shelf from 150.

To be clear we are splitting hairs here.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Alpha Distanza 40 weak R flex shaft

Tour Exotics EX 10 3 wood

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,58

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them