Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Need Help!!!

So I recently parted ways with my beloved SC Futura 6m (thanks 2020!) and stepped down to a SC Futura Phantom Mallet 2 that belongs to my dad. He doesn't golf much and definitely has not taken good care of it, so I'd like to freshen it up while in my care. Only problem is, I have no earthly idea how to disassemble it to strip and reapply paint!

Anyone have experience with this putter?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

There are 4 screws at the back that need removing - two attached to the main head for the back weight and two attached to the outer ring. This will leave the main head stripped ready for treatment - the shaft will need to be removed by heating the head gently with a blow torch to break the epoxy bond. Voila - you now have all the component parts ready for refurbishment. Shot blasting works well to remove the old paint from the head and weight.

It's worth noting that Scotty Cameron also offer a refurbishment service by return post if you don't feel up to it.

Edited by jaskanski

8 hours ago, jaskanski said:

There are 4 screws at the back that need removing - two attached to the main head for the back weight and two attached to the outer ring. This will leave the main head stripped ready for treatment - the shaft will need to be removed by heating the head gently with a blow torch to break the epoxy bond. Voila - you now have all the component parts ready for refurbishment. Shot blasting works well to remove the old paint from the head and weight.

It's worth noting that Scotty Cameron also offer a refurbishment service by return post if you don't feel up to it.

I should have been more specific with my post - sorry.

So I previously removed the two screws on the outer ring - assuming that I would then be able to remove said ring and do the next two screws. Problem is that's not how it worked out and the outer ring wouldn't budge. Do the other two screws need to be removed in order to get the outer ring off, or is it just being stubborn (or possibly epoxied on)?

Looking for clarification before I wind up doing more harm than good.

4 minutes ago, jaskanski said:

Yes - the two screws attached to the head need removing. It might be a case of the screws may have epoxy on them - but if you're heating the head anyway to remove the shaft, you could also apply direct heat to the screws to help them budge.

The option to send the SC may be more appealing too...

Ok thanks. I'll have to dig through my tools to find a different allen wrench then. I couldn't get to them with the multi-tool I was using the other day. 

I'm sure I'll send it off to SC or another shop at some point in the future, but right now I'm just looking to reduce a bit of glare and make alignment more precise while searching for a new gamer. I doubt if I'll even remove the shaft for what I'm after at the moment.