Shout out to the mods

russtopherb

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to all the MGS mods for all the great work they do here. 

I was chatting with a co-worker about online forums in general, he’s huge into vinyl and hi-fi audio and participates in a lot of online discussion like I do with golf and music production. We were discussing pros and cons of forums and as we were talking I realized the mods here are really just regular posters who need to step in very occasionally to actually do “mod work”. The rest of the time they’re just regular posters sharing opinions and stories. 

At some forums the mods really try to throw their weight around and drive conversation the way they want it. It’s not like that here, thankfully. Because when that happens then you get posters who want to follow along and it really cheapens the experience because it just devolves into shameless pandering to the mods or certain brands/methods/personalities.

Add in all the forum testing changes that the mods have been working on, listening to our feedback no matter how we present it (guilty as charged here!), and still keeping this place civil and welcoming. It’s a lot of work that many of us never see. 

Big thanks to the mods both past and present for the work you’ve all done here. It’s appreciated!

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Thanks Russ, although I do less "mod work" now than in the previous years, I've never stopped being a member at heart.  And I think all the MODS are that way, I can tell you almost everything they/we do we try to view from a member standpoint since it no doubt affects our reading enjoyment as well.

The only other forums I visit are some college basketball ones, and you are correct, they can be as you described a personal platform for the member or owner to push his opinions and discount anyone else.  Or they can be so totally biased for one team and not have objective discussions about any other team.   Which happens with golf equipment in some other forums as well 🙂

And most of all a big shout out back to all the members.  I truly enjoy reading and interreacting with everyone here. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Just wanted to give a quick shout out to all the MGS mods for all the great work they do here. 

I was chatting with a co-worker about online forums in general, he’s huge into vinyl and hi-fi audio and participates in a lot of online discussion like I do with golf and music production. We were discussing pros and cons of forums and as we were talking I realized the mods here are really just regular posters who need to step in very occasionally to actually do “mod work”. The rest of the time they’re just regular posters sharing opinions and stories. 

At some forums the mods really try to throw their weight around and drive conversation the way they want it. It’s not like that here, thankfully. Because when that happens then you get posters who want to follow along and it really cheapens the experience because it just devolves into shameless pandering to the mods or certain brands/methods/personalities.

Add in all the forum testing changes that the mods have been working on, listening to our feedback no matter how we present it (guilty as charged here!), and still keeping this place civil and welcoming. It’s a lot of work that many of us never see. 

Big thanks to the mods both past and present for the work you’ve all done here. It’s appreciated!

Well said!  With all the new traffic/members due to the testing opportunities, they have done an amazing job!

Keep up the great work guys, YOU ROCK!

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Appreciate the shout out!

This has been a privilege so far and looking forward to seeing what the future holds with this site along with some exciting new content for our membership. We have a great passionate and respectful community that makes the "mod" work relatively easy which is all on you guys. Allows us to spend time doing enhancements and more time interacting with everyone which is great. 

Even as the newest of the bunch it has been a lot of fun working behind the scenes and getting involved to help continue help this site grow and I believe if the Tseries test is any indication we will have a lot more growth to come in the future!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Archived