Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

SCORgolf wedges (wedge system)

RookieBlue7

Thanks to MGS and his crew selecting myself as MGS member of the month, it appears as if I've won a set of these wedges. I know nothing about their product other than what I've read on here and in other places. So, I turn to you, the MGS faithful, to ask a handful of questions (hopefully some of my fellow spies have had a chance to try this product out).

First, I went to their site to check the product out while I await to see how it works, cause I'm a club ho mainly, and I wanted to check it out. Looks interesting and like a nice product. While there, I went ahead and tried their SCORfit tool they have as well. I got a rather puzzling result, at least for me, and I build a bunch of clubs for gapping. I did the 5 wedge fitting tool because I currently play 5 wedges (PW, GW, SW, LW, XW) and it appears that I've won a 5 wedge set. It gave me what I think is a very weird recommendation.

I'm a single digit handicapper, and I have never struggled with my wedges at all. I love having everything from my 45 degree PW through my 64 degree XW. I feel it gives me a variety of options. When I did their fitting tool, it started at a 42 degree wedge and went 42, 46, 50, 54, 58. That's going to be a club that's between my 8 and 9 iron (remembering lofts offhand, might be between 9 and PW), a club that's a degree weaker than my PW, then 3 scoring wedges. I do not get that AT ALL. I've currently got R11 irons off the van in my bag with S+ C-Tapers, and it's recommending their KBS proprietary shaft in the wedges at firm flex.

My question is, what is the logic behind having a gap wedge between my 8 and 9 iron, and a second gap wedge between my PW and my GW I currently have before putting the other wedges in the bag. Is there a logic behind it or is it just a suggestion or what? I'm kind of baffled by it.

Oh, and it may change now that I just bought another set of iron heads (Adams MB2's 4-GW) literally seconds ago.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

If I understand it correctly, a five-wedge SCOR system set would be designed to replace the nine (and for some, the eight) iron, not to fill a gap between them. Sounds like you might want to build from the highest lofted down, rather than bottom up. Give them a call--apparently they're terrific to work with.

Haven't hit the SCOR, although the Eidolons are really nice clubs.

Congrats on the award, and what I suspect you will find out is the most excellent swag that comes with it.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

If I understand it correctly, a five-wedge SCOR system set would be designed to replace the nine (and for some, the eight) iron, not to fill a gap between them. Sounds like you might want to build from the highest lofted down, rather than bottom up. Give them a call--apparently they're terrific to work with.

Haven't hit the SCOR, although the Eidolons are really nice clubs.

Congrats on the award, and what I suspect you will find out is the most excellent swag that comes with it.

This is correct. These clubs are designed to replace existing 8 iron on down. We had a chance to hit these about a month ago.. Not too shabby. I'm not too sure that I want to replace my 8 & 9 iron, but I'm not averse to total wedge replacement. The only thing that slowed me down was the $$$.. $149.00 is a bit much for me. however, if the performance is there...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

What they said, you will be replacing some of your current clubs with a 5-club Scor set. I won a 56* wedge from Scor and it is a high quality club, on par with any of the best wedges out there.

Congrats on the MoM award, that's a great prize!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I've actually spoke with a rep for their company (though not officially about this), and he said that I could do the wedges however I choose, that they make recommendations and go from there. Which is also cool with me. I don't plan on replacing irons in my set(s), I plan on picking wedges that complement them as well as give me a variety of scoring options for different courses I play. Sounds like an awesome company, though. Look forward to interaction with them.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived