MYGOLFSPY GETS FIRST LOOK AT 2023 GOLF EQUIPMENT | NO PUTTS GIVEN 127

GolfSpy MPR

Duration: 00:49:20

In this episode, Chris and Tony dive in on MyGolfSpy's trip out west. We saw what's coming in 2023 from Titleist, PING, Taylormade, Fujikura, Evnroll, and Cobra. Now that we've seen and hit the offerings, are we more or less excited about the equipment landscape?

There's a lot on deck so kick back, watch, listen, or do both! This is No Putts Given.

Be sure to hit #Subscribe and #HitTheBell so you can stay up-to-date and not miss any new videos!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Used by over 17 million forward-thinking golfers!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR MISSION: https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

---------------------------------------------
Check out MyGolfSpy's other channels!
--------------------------------------------

🏴REVIEWS: http://bit.ly/MGSreviews
🏴BUYERS GUIDES: https://mygolfspy.com/category/golf-b...
🏴NEW RELEASES: http://bit.ly/MGSnewgear
🏴PODCAST: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast...
🏴DRIVER FITTING TOOL: https://truegolffit.com/

------------------------------------
MYGOLFSPY on Social Media
------------------------------------

🏴Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyGolfSpy
🏴Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mygolfspycom/
🏴Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mygolfspy

Listen Here

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Have to agree with some of the comments on the YouTube post, 50 minutes of saying there are products coming out but we can’t really tell you anything about them; including the name, because they are embargoed.  I understand the desire to build excitement,  but not much value here.  Should have done this episode in January or when the products are released to give us your thoughts on what  you saw and tried during your travels.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

not much value here

Seems to be a trend.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've noticed this trend with several youtube channels and sm platforms teasing the new equipment and blurring out the new stuff in videos. 

I get that many have had early access and it is part of building hype, however there are a ton of leaks out there if someone really wants to find them. Personally I am more than fine with waiting to see them when the OEM's are ready. I would be surprised if there was any true game breaking tech that comes out. It seems like it will be another year or growth on current tech vs introduction of any crazy new tech. I'll be happy to be proven wrong and although I am always excited to see the new equipment I have to wait and test when they come to stores. Plus the chances of me dropping full launch price on a new driver or set of irons is slim. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

This is all old news.  We have seen all and even tested some of the new gear.  There are pictures everywhere.  If this is supposedly a spy site for new gear, you all are well behind the others.  But I guess that is how you all roll these days.

Since you all restrict me from posting pictures of any of the new stuff, the only thing worth saying is that the TSR line up is the only thing the lives up to the hype.

1 hour ago, goldenhawk said:

This is all old news.  We have seen all and even tested some of the new gear.  There are pictures everywhere.  If this is supposedly a spy site for new gear, you all are well behind the others.  But I guess that is how you all roll these days.

MGS is now more about challenging the claims manufacturers makes about their equipment and not finding and posting pictures of yet to be released equipment.  

you can read more about what they try to do here:  https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, goldenhawk said:

Since you all restrict me from posting pictures of any of the new stuff, the only thing worth saying is that the TSR line up is the only thing the lives up to the hype.

If it is such a waste of your time, why watch or even use energy posting like that?

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x

8 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I've noticed this trend with several youtube channels and sm platforms teasing the new equipment and blurring out the new stuff in videos. 

I get that many have had early access and it is part of building hype, however there are a ton of leaks out there if someone really wants to find them. Personally I am more than fine with waiting to see them when the OEM's are ready. I would be surprised if there was any true game breaking tech that comes out. It seems like it will be another year or growth on current tech vs introduction of any crazy new tech. I'll be happy to be proven wrong and although I am always excited to see the new equipment I have to wait and test when they come to stores. Plus the chances of me dropping full launch price on a new driver or set of irons is slim. 

I'm with you here.   I've seen too many times when the USGA pictures pop up around the web that people overreact to how bad or how bland something looks.  Those are just for USGA design approval, not the final retail product. 

I'm fine with the teasing, I do think Tony and Chris spent a bit too much time saying what they can't say.  we are all adults and would have understood a disclaimer up front that nothing new can be talked about, but then go on and talk about what you hope to see, not try to talk around what you can't talk about.    To be fair they are not the only ones that do that, but it seems like they did it to excess, a 49-minute video that probably should have been a 10-minute highlight recap of who they visited and setting the stage for the January launches. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm fine with the teasing, I do think Tony and Chris spent a bit too much time saying what they can't say.  we are all adults and would have understood a disclaimer up front that nothing new can be talked about, but then go on and talk about what you hope to see, not try to talk around what you can't talk about.    To be fair they are not the only ones that do that, but it seems like they did it to excess, a 49-minute video that probably should have been a 10-minute highlight recap of who they visited and setting the stage for the January launches. 

Well said!

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

MGS is now more about challenging the claims manufacturers makes about their equipment and not finding and posting pictures of yet to be released equipment.  

you can read more about what they try to do here:  https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

If your mission is to challenge the claims of the OEMs, then why bother testing the new stuff.  The answer is usually that the claims are always false.  And why do the OEMs even bother to send gear to test here.  It seems to go against their marketing strategy.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:48 AM, goldenhawk said:

If your mission is to challenge the claims of the OEMs, then why bother testing the new stuff.  The answer is usually that the claims are always false.  And why do the OEMs even bother to send gear to test here.  It seems to go against their marketing strategy.

I would say most OEM claims are partial truths. They are and can be true for some golfers vs others. 

Consumer knowledge is also higher i would argue (thank you mgs) and most don't go in to a new driver from the previous years expecting 15-20 more yard. 

The point of testing and trying the equipment is to inform the consumer and tell a story about what they have found to be true with the product. 

Oems want the clubs in the hands of mgs as well as other outlets to get hype about the products which will help sell more. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I would say most OEM claims are partial truths. They are and can be true for some golfers vs others. 

Consumer knowledge is also higher i would argue (thank you mgs) and most don't go in to a new driver from the previous years expecting 15-20 more yard. 

The point of testing and trying btw equipment is to inform the consumer and tell a story about what they have found to be true with the product. 

Oems want the clubs in the hands of mgs as well as other outlets to get hype about the products which will help sell more. 

Only a clueless golfer would believe those claims made by TM, Callaway and the others.  Since I started playing in the late 19902, I should be driving over 400 yards by now if TM and Callaway are to be believed.  Partial truths?  No way.  That's a cop out on you all's part.  No real gray area.  Its yes or no.  Partial truth...qualifies as a no.

18 hours ago, goldenhawk said:

Only a clueless golfer would believe those claims made by TM, Callaway and the others.  Since I started playing in the late 19902, I should be driving over 400 yards by now if TM and Callaway are to be believed.  Partial truths?  No way.  That's a cop out on you all's part.  No real gray area.  Its yes or no.  Partial truth...qualifies as a no.

Why can't something that is said by any OEM have an impact on one golfer vs another? Isn't that part of getting fit and testing? 

Of course if we add up all the claims as a whole the sum does not equal out. However OEMs have gotten better at saying expect to see 1 or 2 mph ball speed here and there. In addition when they talk about speed gains or distance gains it's normally centered around off center strikes. 

Anyway, everyone allowed to have your opinion(s) as well as thoughts. I'm glad we see MGS and all others go out and test and write about the new kit so it can better help my buying decisions. I enjoy reading about the new advances companies are trying to make and appreciate all the work that goes into club Design and more. The marketing side will be what it is. After all it is a business and they want/need to sell clubs. Often not their fault golfers are obsessed with distance vs accuracy so good on them for targeting what we will buy into. After all any increase is still a increase.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

20 hours ago, goldenhawk said:

I can't understand why you play golf?

I like golf. You should like golf. If life is tough, play more golf!

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-MJ 6x

Titleist TSr3 18 Degree, Graphite Design Tour Ad-DI 7x

Takomo 301CB's, KBS Tours 120S

Vokey SM8 48 10F, 52 08F, 56 08M, 60 08M

Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini, Versa Scheme, 17" Fatso 3.0 Grip, 40"

Jazz Tacoma Cart Bag

Titleist Pro V1x