Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

The Good Morning Thread

GolfSpy_APH

35 minutes ago, Northern Monkey said:

Morning all, just finishing packing before heading to the airport. It’s been a great trip and fantastic courses. If you ever get the opportunity to play these I’d highly recommend it. 
@Javs fab photos and safe travels home

@ILMgolfnut hope you’re not too sore

Have a great weekend and hope it involves golf

Great pictures and safe travels!

Play like a champion today!

5 hours ago, Rob Person said:

@Northern Monkey what an absolutabsolutely beautiful course! Very challenging too from the pictures!

@Javs glad you had a great time! You couldn't cover most of London on a week's vacation,  I know,  we've tried!  Best view to see most of the city is from The Shard!

@ILMgolfnut im sorry. First for For your fall, and I'm glad you are ok! but also for giggling a little with the way you described it.

No we only had a day in London on the beginning and ending of our trip. The focus was the ports on the cruise. We have spent a lot of time in Britain, Wales, Scotland and Ireland on other trips.

Play like a champion today!

Good morning!

Beach day today with the fam and then plan on taking the son fishing this afternoon.  No golf planned but that's ok.   Will most likely get my round in tomorrow afternoon.  

Have a great day everyone!

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Heading out to play a scramble with some friends. Two of which this is their 2nd rounds ever! hahaha, were going to have a blast!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

19 hours ago, EnderinAZ said:

Yeah there are lots of events like that happening this last week in September and the first week in October as courses try to pocket some extra money before they shut down for two to three weeks for overseeding. I don't play them anymore for the same reason. Entry fee often comes in at 80 to 100 bucks. They offer food after the round that I cannot eat (gluten issues), and the same cheaters win every time. 

No one shuts down here 3 weeks for re seeding. Now as vast as the "Grand Strand" area of SC is there used to be some kind of scramble every weekend if not 2 or more. I know one group of cheaters played every one. Word finally got out on those guys and they were asked not to compete any more. As a whole and every weekend they have petered out around here. Cheaters will kill scramble events.

I used to play in one every year because my boss sponsored 2 teams every year. The same ones won every year with ridiculous scores. The only reason I played was it was free. They also got out of hand with the blind bid prices on stuff too. I remember the last 3 years I played the field was getting smaller and smaller. One year the director called me and asked if I could talk to some of the guys about fielding a team. No one would touch it with a 10 foot pole because it had gotten a reputation. After 15 years that event died a slow painful death. 

My course has a scramble every Saturday. It used to be fun but it has died down to hardly nothing. Management has gotten skimpy with the prizes and has pulled off some crap. Hardly any of the members play it anymore. Used to be fun because some of us who trusted each other would have like $5 side bets team against team. One of the reasons I do not play it is because they broke up our team. We honestly won 4 out of 6. The other team I used to be on they were going to break it up about the time I got hurt. Now with Snowbird season coming the field will be full again which is ok by me. They can do what they darn well please. I would rather go up on the little Par3 with the wife and a little informal group on Saturday and play my Hickory stuff.

I did play in a scramble a month ago now. It was for the SC Gamecocks Booster club. My fellow League member and Sunday playing partner is a wheel in that organization. One of our guys got sick and could not play and I was a last-minute substitute. I saw some of the players there I know (and they do not cheat) and knew we did not have a chance to win it outright. But we did have 3 groups from our Member's League so of course we had side bets going. Great course and it was fun. But as a whole I do not play scrambles any more

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

21 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies!  Glad to read the Lady Boss's are doing well. Makes me happy knowing that! And.for those not fairing well, knee mail sent!

Have a great last day out there @Northern Monkey

@GolfSpy_BEN good luck on the build. Looking forward to theGolf club p0rn!

As for me, I am sore today. Nothing specific, just overall. Pretty sure it's from spending most of the day yesterday on the course from the tournament.  Still glowing from my natural eagle!

Now... the drop! So,  as many here have eluded to, you were correct!

the lady boss was up to something on the day she insisted I go play golf last weekend. (And got clobbered by a ball)

Apparently my in laws won a cruise, and having been on only one a few years ago, they did not enjoy it. Wife and I have been on several.

So while I was away on the course, they managed to spend half the day getting it transferred into our names (no easy task either so I was informed, paying name changing fees, emailing documents, e-waivers, arranging flights, etc)

Well, tomorrow we will be flying to Vancouver,  BC. From there we board the Celebrity Solstice for a 9 day cruise to Hawaii !!!  It has been a bucket list destination for us both for awhile, and also a much earned and needed vacation too!

So packing it up today, arranging last minute minor home details, and away we go!  

Apparently she knew last Friday, and did not tell me for a couple reasons. We (she) had to get a new credit card to pay for the flights (not cheap for last-minute). We are super budget minded people,  and the idea of breaking that mold is daunting for us, and she knew I probably would have passed this up had I known. But the lady boss assures me that we will be OK, and I trust her!

Have a great day spies! No, have a great week!

Enjoy you cruise and your well earned time off from the trenches of Society. Like I said before I have all the respect in the world for the men and women in Law Enforcement

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

Good morning spies!  Packed up and all docs are printed and app'd !

Leave for the airport in 2 hours, a stop in Houston,  then Vancouver for 1 night. Boarding tomorrow. 

Having never sailed on Celebrity,  I've spent enough time researching to bore an elephant to sleep. 😆 

Have a great weekend spies! 

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

2 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good morning spies!  Packed up and all docs are printed and app'd !

Leave for the airport in 2 hours, a stop in Houston,  then Vancouver for 1 night. Boarding tomorrow. 

Having never sailed on Celebrity,  I've spent enough time researching to bore an elephant to sleep. 😆 

Have a great weekend spies! 

Hope you have a great trip Rob and enjoy the break

Driver: IMG_5084.png.5fbbd783dcc8d621f65db4e523c4867a.png G430 Max

Fairway: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg LTDx Max 3 wood

Hybrid: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg King Tec 3 hybrid

Irons: IMG_5157.jpeg.41245fafb8773b507ee7f693ad6a2066.jpeg Forged Tec 4-PW + GW

Wedges: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Jaws 56

IMG_5733.jpeg.1e4058deebcd18f2f88ac5dcaa6c8149.jpegSM9 52

Putter: IMG_5308.webp.c1f0b99088f53de60d3349e71f9c2844.webp Mallet

Ball: IMG_5083.jpeg.03d55f2ce7c7118771008ca6d79deff1.jpeg Chrome Soft

21 hours ago, Alan Scalzi said:

Good morning to all, ? Has anyone adjusted their driver 2 years of using it, as now you're hitting it like you used too? ( I meaning straight 🙈🙈🙈)

Have had the old Bertha 2 years now. I actually did a deal on it for the shaft. I hit it to feel what it would do. Was impressed and put it in the bag and have not touched it except to change the grip. The numbers and stuff are barely visible on the adjuster and I have not messed with the gravity cores either. I have not even put it on my static board and manually checked anything either. I have no idea of the settings. Some things on my stuff I do not want to know because it gets me thinking and in the tinkering mode which can be dangerous

G