Top Speed Golf - 20 minute distance fix REVIEW

BMart519

Man, this sounds great considering I think my swing went to crap doing sticks. I may have to look into this. Great write up and nice work!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 60g 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Thanks posting the journey. I paid for this a few years back and got through 1 week. it was amazing the difference that 1 week made and I slacked off thinking I had it figured out. Been thinking I need to re-up. I like what Clay says and his delivery is to the point IMO. 

It was pretty neat to see some of the reactions from other golfers at the range watching me do these drills as some of them are unique. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

25 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

It was pretty neat to see some of the reactions from other golfers at the range watching me do these drills as some of them are unique. 

One of the drills is my driver practice swing on every hole now. It is similar to what Padraig Harrington and Bryson do by making max swings before hitting their tee shot to prime for higher speeds. 

Probably looks a bit strange, but I've been hitting it past everyone I have played with this year. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Was reviewing stats in Shot Scope and noticed I am at 31% fairways hit (driver only) in 2023 vs 33% in 2022. Very small difference, but highlights the strokes gain improvement is entirely due to distance gains and not accuracy which has been minimally affected. 

Playing a tree lined course on the weekend where driver can only be hit on 4 holes, including 1 par 5. Interested to see how hybrid performs off the tee with some of these changes hitting into a lot of 40 yard wide windows between tree lines. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

After nearly driving another Par 4 and having a 9 iron into a par 5 with 300+ yard drives, it still surprises me how much of a difference this has made. 

One thing I wanted to highlight about the program: this improvement has been independent of physical training (resistance, strength, etc) and any under/overspeed training. I stopped going to the gym and had some regression in general strength levels. I am sure there were some physical benefits to hitting 40-50 drives 3X per week, but "training" isn't the emphasis of this program. The bulk of the gains (😉) was improved technique, added comfort swinging with max intent on the course, and finding thoughts/feels that lead to better, more consistent ball contact. 

For perspective, I began this training at roughly a 10 index but strokes gained had my tee shots equivalent to the average 9 index in 2022 and a 6 index in 2021 (when I spent the winter doing multiple Stack programs). After the completion of this program my tee shots are at roughly a 4 index level with room for improvement as I have not gone a full round without some poor contact. The distance has also carried over throughout the bag although not to the same extent as with driver (~20 yards). 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

• 4 weeks later...

This thread inspired me to check out Top Speed Golf. I did a trial for 1 week and was so impressed with the 20 minute shallowing fix series I purchased it for the year (was emailed an offer for half off or $47 I believe). The 20 minute distance fix was even better after going through the shallowing fix series - I went from around a low 90 mph swing with the driver to low 100s - that with much better contact with a shallower swing plane. For anyone struggling with an out to in swing (I used to play a cut), these two courses are great. My course pro lessons were good in identifying my issues, but something about Clay's instruction just clicked and made immediate, positive impact.

:titleist-small: TSI3 9°

:taylormade-small: M4 3W 15°

:srixon-small: Zx 5W 18°

:PXG: Gen 3 P 4-AW

:cleveland-small: CBW SW 56°

Harry Taylor LW 60° 

:PXG: Gunboat

1 hour ago, Mike T C said:

This thread inspired me to check out Top Speed Golf. I did a trial for 1 week and was so impressed with the 20 minute shallowing fix series I purchased it for the year (was emailed an offer for half off or $47 I believe). The 20 minute distance fix was even better after going through the shallowing fix series - I went from around a low 90 mph swing with the driver to low 100s - that with much better contact with a shallower swing plane. For anyone struggling with an out to in swing (I used to play a cut), these two courses are great. My course pro lessons were good in identifying my issues, but something about Clay's instruction just clicked and made immediate, positive impact.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have been very slice-y over the past 2 weeks and will look into this. 

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60