Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Odyssey Ai-ONE Putters - 2023 Forum Review

GolfSpy BOS

26 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

During the test, I played a round in the snow…my wife asked if I was still playing, like there was any doubt!

I also played in the rain and sun, put the Ai through the various weather conditions and it performed each time.IMG_4500.jpeg.b5baf5035fa85b50588ea65f4df4dd12.jpeg

Cardinal Course?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

22 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Cardinal Course?

Yep, that was number 10…was able to start on the back nine that day to get away from some the few people that were out on the course.  By the time I was done playing 18 holes, there were no other players out on the course.  My wife thinks I’m nuts! 

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

51 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

No issue on mine end either, still looks brand new.

I generally tend to pamper my clubs a little…they get cleaned after every round and the covers stay on the woods/putter unless I am actively using them (even sitting in the house in between practice, the putter has the cover on it).

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

16 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

I generally tend to pamper my clubs a little…they get cleaned after every round and the covers stay on the woods/putter unless I am actively using them (even sitting in the house in between practice, the putter has the cover on it).

sounds like me, but my covers are on until the club is used and after a quick wipe with the towel, the cover goes back on.. especially the irons.. no club chatter or dings.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

DB performed above and beyond today!  Not a single 3 putt was had!  Knocked down a few 3-10 feet. Had some close calls on a 30 and 40+ footer, but they finished less than 4 feet past the cup.

I did realize today that I am almost 8" closer standing over the ball though.  The putting mirror has been fantastic in helping to maintain the square face at impact. But I've had to revert to tucking my elbows back in.  I'm not complaining as the practice has obviously helped alot! But I had become comfortable keeping my elbows out after hours and hours of retraining myself for a straighter follow through stroke.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Has anyone changed out the stock grip on one yet? I'm wonder if so did it change out the balance of the putter.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

16 minutes ago, Bad Golfer said:

Has anyone changed out the stock grip on one yet? I'm wonder if so did it change out the balance of the putter.

Changing the weight, of a grip,will always change the balance of a putter.  Heavier grip will raise the balance point,  lighter grip lowers, and same weight it will remain in the same place.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have not, but it's always a possibility later on down the road. This one will have to get pretty worn down before I consider it. Definitely won't go with white next time though. IIRC, there is a counter weight in the top of the shaft.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

11 hours ago, Bad Golfer said:

I have not, but I'm sure you can find something very comparable to the Odyssey weight wise in a style you like. I really don't think there would be much of a difference unless you go really heavy or light.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

On 3/14/2024 at 9:32 AM, Bad Golfer said:

I have not, but there was at least one in the test that used another (non-Odyssey) grip.

The stock Odyssey grip was a little smaller than what I was using, but it did not take much to adjust to it…felt very comfortable right out of the box.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 3/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, Rob Person said:

DB performed above and beyond today!  Not a single 3 putt was had!  Knocked down a few 3-10 feet. Had some close calls on a 30 and 40+ footer, but they finished less than 4 feet past the cup.

I did realize today that I am almost 8" closer standing over the ball though.  The putting mirror has been fantastic in helping to maintain the square face at impact. But I've had to revert to tucking my elbows back in.  I'm not complaining as the practice has obviously helped alot! But I had become comfortable keeping my elbows out after hours and hours of retraining myself for a straighter follow through stroke.

Glad to see the practice and the Ai-ONE is working for you!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Got out and played 18 today…putter was not working today.  Had 4 three putts with 36 putts overall.  Was struggling with pace and reading the breaks all day.  This was my worst putting so far with the Ai-ONE.

Will say while I hit a fair number of greens in regulation, a number were not that close.  2 of the three putts were from the 50-60 foot range, so might be excusable, the other 2 were not.

Hopefully this was a fluke, will be spending some more time putting indoors before my next round.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

12 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Got out and played 18 today…putter was not working today.  Had 4 three putts with 36 putts overall.  Was struggling with pace and reading the breaks all day.  This was my worst putting so far with the Ai-ONE.

Will say while I hit a fair number of greens in regulation, a number were not that close.  2 of the three putts were from the 50-60 foot range, so might be excusable, the other 2 were not.

Hopefully this was a fluke, will be spending some more time putting indoors before my next round.

I feel your pain. I putted 36 times on Saturday including a four putt from 20 feet out on a par 3.

Mixed bag of goodies: Taylormade M2 driver, Titleist F15 3 wood, Nike 5 wood, Mizuno 923 Hmp irons, Cleveland zipcore wedges and Odyssey 3 ball putter.

8 hours ago, Bad Golfer said:

I feel your pain. I putted 36 times on Saturday including a four putt from 20 feet out on a par 3.

I hear ya!  Going to focus on putting this week, hopefully the other parts of my game hold together…would have been quite a nice round if the putter cooperated.

Edited by TJ Hall

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

On 3/17/2024 at 9:00 PM, TJ Hall said:

Last time I got out I had 29 putts , No 3 Putts but had a couple 1 putts and a chip in. Need to get me green installed for more practice. the ground is finally starting to firm up after all the rain and the run off down through my yard. 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

4 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

Last time I got out I had 29 putts , No 3 Putts but had a couple 1 putts and a chip in. Need to get me green installed for more practice. the ground is finally starting to firm up after all the rain and the run off down through my yard. 

Sounds like a pretty decent round, I just never got the feel of the greens throughout the round.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Just now, TJ Hall said:

Sounds like a pretty decent round, I just never got the feel of the greens throughout the round.

bad ball striking and just no feeling from tee to green. But my Takomo 101 came today and my utility iron tomorrow, so hoping to get them in play sooner than later and then do an unofficial review

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

25 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

bad ball striking and just no feeling from tee to green. But my Takomo 101 came today and my utility iron tomorrow, so hoping to get them in play sooner than later and then do an unofficial review

Sounds good…still loving to roll the ball with Millie, but have to admit I sneak out with the DF992 putter and Versa from time to time. 

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

So, it’s been about 3 months since we got the Ai-ONE putters…what are everyone’s thoughts at this point (any issues, concerns, wear, regrets, still loving it, etc)?

For me, no issues with the club itself, did have a bad day on the greens but not giving up on it.  Plan to get out again this coming weekend if the weather holds off (calling for rain as of now for Saturday).

Still haven’t seen any wear on the finish, the Stroke Lab sticker on the shaft has held up better than I would have thought.  The white on the cover is still clean.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Had another great round this morning (for me anyway) putting is just so natural feeling with the DB. I discovered today also which balls I will likely never putt with if I can help it. (any ball that has a rubbery coating feel to it!)  Just couldn't feel the impact enough to judge distance control. 

Will post the round in the "how did you play" topic later.

8 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

So, it’s been about 3 months since we got the Ai-ONE putters…what are everyone’s thoughts at this point (any issues, concerns, wear, regrets, still loving it, etc)?

For me, no issues with the club itself, did have a bad day on the greens but not giving up on it.  Plan to get out again this coming weekend if the weather holds off (calling for rain as of now for Saturday).

Still haven’t seen any wear on the finish, the Stroke Lab sticker on the shaft has held up better than I would have thought.  The white on the cover is still clean.

I feel I’m rolling it well, feel is still great and the distance control is good even though once in a while I will blow one by the hole. Sometimes I get lazy and don’t go through my routine and that’s when I lose my mind on the greens , aiming, speed, you name it and I’m screwy for a hole. But not the AI’s fault. Still loving this putter! NOT giving up on it any time soon. Mine still looks like new, gets cleaned and dried after each use just like all my other clubs. I got to wait for the weather to change again so I can get out to play and get my green completed 

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

20 hours ago, buckpillar said:

I feel I’m rolling it well, feel is still great and the distance control is good even though once in a while I will blow one by the hole. Sometimes I get lazy and don’t go through my routine and that’s when I lose my mind on the greens , aiming, speed, you name it and I’m screwy for a hole. But not the AI’s fault. Still loving this putter! NOT giving up on it any time soon. Mine still looks like new, gets cleaned and dried after each use just like all my other clubs. I got to wait for the weather to change again so I can get out to play and get my green completed 

Glad to hear it is still working well for you @buckpillar!  I also clean my clubs after every round, my wife looks at me like I’m crazy.

Had someone look at my irons one day and comment on the nice new clubs I had…broke the news to him that they were actually 12 years old at the time.  I glanced at his and the grooves were all caked solid with dirt!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

Glad to hear it is still working well for you @buckpillar!  I also clean my clubs after every round, my wife looks at me like I’m crazy.

Had someone look at my irons one day and comment on the nice new clubs I had…broke the news to him that they were actually 12 years old at the time.  I glanced at his and the grooves were all caked solid with dirt!

Sounds like the same thing on my end, I have a set of hogan edge cavity backs from the mid 90s that are in mint condition.

oh on a side note I review this book yearly, it is an awesome tool and refresher.

IMG_0474.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

14 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Sounds like the same thing on my end, I have a set of hogan edge cavity backs from the mid 90s that are in mint condition.

oh on a side note I review this book yearly, it is an awesome tool and refresher.

IMG_0474.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

Those irons are sharp looking!  They are in great condition.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Still absolutely Loving the AIONE putter i have noticed my putting game getting better week by week and its a great feeling as somebody who always has struggled with putting  

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

I finally named my Odyssey AI#1 CH putter.... Drum roll please!!!! "LUCILLE"

Recently seen a rerun of Fresh Prince of Bel Air when Will got in trouble playing pool, uncle Phil went to play the hustlers throwing several games and acting dumb. once he got the hustler to agree to 1 last match he said ... JEFFREY(me) break out LUCILLE ! proceeds to run the table and gets all the money back.

Make sure you watch the entire video .. but more importantly at about the 2:10 mark of the video, thats when he says it!

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

[email protected]

1 minute ago, buckpillar said:

Recently seen a rerun of Fresh Prince of Bel Air when Will got in trouble playing pool, uncle Phil went to play the hustlers throwing several games and acting dumb. once he got the hustler to agree to 1 last match he said ... JEFFREY(me) break out LUCILLE ! proceeds to run the table and gets all the money back.

Make sure you watch the entire video .. but more importantly at about the 2:10 mark of the video, thats when he says it!

A very fitting name for your secret weapon. Classic FP episode, great choice all around. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

1 hour ago, buckpillar said:

Love the name…hoping it performs like that for you!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Congratulations on selecting a name!  Mine is still and will remain The DB!

Sure, I could make up some deep-rooted story relating to DB Cooper or DB Sweeney, or the likes.  But the truth is, it's simply the putters abridged name...😆 

2 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Might have a chance to roll out the new putting green tomorrow and get it in place and make adjustments before tacking down

Let us know how it works out!

9 hours ago, Blaine Dye said:

Still absolutely Loving the AIONE putter i have noticed my putting game getting better week by week and its a great feeling as somebody who always has struggled with putting  

Glad it's still making putts easier for you !