FlightScope Progression Series: 2023 Forum Member Review

GolfSpy_APH

23 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

i need to go through the reviews again because I'm thinking of skipping the face impact, at least to start.  I honestly don't need it to tell me where i'm hitting it on the face, i can usually feel it and/or use foot spray / impact tape.  My only pause is that one of the reviews seemed to indicate that the other numbers were off until he calibrated the head which would be a big problem.  The whole point of this is to get reliable data to help with game improvement, specifically swing path and face to path.

It's one extra set up step but it DOES add to the accuracy.

To me, I would absolutely get the pro and face impact packages. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

In my opinion if you are getting the Mevo plus with pro package do NOT skimp on the face impact. Using it as another setup variable makes the numbers more consistent. 

Point taken, I guess I'll have to reconsider.  The other issue is that I don't currently have an iPad (nor do i plan to get one) so it may be awhile until I can take advantage of that data set, assuming it will work on an amazon tablet or some other inexpensive tablet option.

Edited by ChitownM2

2 minutes ago, ChitownM2 said:

Point take, I guess I'll have to reconsider.  The other issue is that I don't currently have an iPad (nor do i plan to get one) so it may be awhile until I can take advantage of that data set, assuming it will work on an amazon tablet or some other inexpensive tablet option.

FlightScope’s website FAQ’s list Android compatibility. You can also run it on a laptop and have access to all data.

https://flightscope.com/pages/faq

:ping-small: G430 MAX 10.5º Tour 2.0 Black 65 X shaft

:ping-small:  G430 MAX 5 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome 65 S shaft

:ping-small: G430 MAX 4 Hybrid Tour 2.0 Chrome 85 S Shaft

:ping-small: G430 5i - PW :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: G430 45º & 50º :kbs: Tour-V S shafts

:ping-small: Glide Pro Forged 56º :truetemper:Dynamic Gold S 300 shaft

:L.A.B.: DF3 :accra: shaft

2 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Point taken, I guess I'll have to reconsider.  The other issue is that I don't currently have an iPad (nor do i plan to get one) so it may be awhile until I can take advantage of that data set, assuming it will work on an amazon tablet or some other inexpensive tablet option.

That’s fair. It can be added on later but I just know that numbers were much better once I got the iPad and adjusted the face impact stuff. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    PXG Black Ops 8* or Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Grey 65/4 shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :titleist-small: T150 4-GW with Modus 105R

Wedges:    :vokey-small: SM10 56M shaft TBD

:edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge 

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

That’s fair. It can be added on later but I just know that numbers were much better once I got the iPad and adjusted the face impact stuff. 

Does the face impact work on the phone but is just impractical?  Chatted their sales guy and he said it works on the phone which would be convenient.  He said I can use it with a laptop which would be fine for hitting into my net at home but I didn't want to bring a laptop to the range

Just now, ChitownM2 said:

Does the face impact work on the phone but is just impractical?  Chatted their sales guy and he said it works on the phone which would be convenient.  He said I can use it with a laptop which would be fine for hitting into my net at home but I didn't want to bring a laptop to the range

So while you can see the face impact on your phone, you can not calibrate it from your phone. I was told that the screen is too small so a tablet or computer is needed.  You will be surprised how much a little bit off matters

Driver:    PXG Black Ops 8* or Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Grey 65/4 shaft @ 45”

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

So while you can see the face impact on your phone, you can not calibrate it from your phone. I was told that the screen is too small so a tablet or computer is needed.  You will be surprised how much a little bit off matters

And it needs to be calibrated every session for every club you want to hit?

1 hour ago, ChitownM2 said:

And it needs to be calibrated every session for every club you want to hit?

No it’s usually pretty good after the first calibration but I always check it before starting any range session or sim round. I’ve made it part of the setup routine as I find it does make a big difference.   

I tried skimming through the thread, but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Can anyone comment on your experience using the Mevo model with partial wedge shots, say from 50 to 100 yards? I'm doing the Vokey SM10 wedge test and bought a Mevo to help with my SM9 vs. SM10 comparison. But I can't seem to get anything close to the spin numbers my Titleist fitter got on his Trackman.  I don't expect them to be the same, but my Mevo is in the couple thousand range while Trackman is in the 7,000 to 9,000 range. I'm hoping I need to do something special in the set-up to get them closer.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

13 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

I tried skimming through the thread, but I wasn't able to find an answer to my question. Can anyone comment on your experience using the Mevo model with partial wedge shots, say from 50 to 100 yards? I'm doing the Vokey SM10 wedge test and bought a Mevo to help with my SM9 vs. SM10 comparison. But I can't seem to get anything close to the spin numbers my Titleist fitter got on his Trackman.  I don't expect them to be the same, but my Mevo is in the couple thousand range while Trackman is in the 7,000 to 9,000 range. I'm hoping I need to do something special in the set-up to get them closer.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks!!

I would have to go back and look, but my spin numbers for wedges were always pretty good. With the mevo, are you hitting outdoors?  If so, make sure distance is right and it's level with hitting surface. 

Yes, I was outdoors and I was on level ground. But I had the type of shot selected as "wedge" and I just saw that is supposed to be for shots 30 yards or less. So I'll give it a try on "full swing" and see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks!!

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

2 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

Yes, I was outdoors and I was on level ground. But I had the type of shot selected as "wedge" and I just saw that is supposed to be for shots 30 yards or less. So I'll give it a try on "full swing" and see if that makes a difference. 

Thanks!!

Yeah, I do remember that now that you say that. Keep it at full.  Let us know how that works out. 

1 hour ago, Josh Parker said:

Yeah, I do remember that now that you say that. Keep it at full.  Let us know how that works out. 

Yep, that was it. I was able hit a couple 50 yard wedges in my backyard & it worked well. Thanks for your help! 

10 minutes ago, MIGregB said:

Yep, that was it. I was able hit a couple 50 yard wedges in my backyard & it worked well. Thanks for your help! 

Absolutely!  Glad it was a simple fix. 

On 5/31/2024 at 7:44 PM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

No it’s usually pretty good after the first calibration but I always check it before starting any range session or sim round. I’ve made it part of the setup routine as I find it does make a big difference.   

Ive sort of taken it for granted the Mevo+ had the face impact correct. I got it back in 2020 and added the various packages as they came out.  I think I set, or tried to, the size of the clubs - but didn’t worry too much if the impact location was super accurate. Then I started partying more attention as I’ve gotten too many of these lately…

IMG_1296.png.e016ddaa1df86b5130ef69e366c870e5.png

not sure how that’s possible…

So what is your routine?  Are you hitting each club once or twice?  Just a couple?

Does it “learn”?  I mean if I hit it center, and it thinks it’s a toe strike, and I use the calibration tool to shift the location - does that hold for future sessions?  Carry over from club to club? How many shots does it take to calibrate?

I know I’m asking a bunch of questions but you all seem to have dived deeper into this calibration issue.  Thanks

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

4 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Ive sort of taken it for granted the Mevo+ had the face impact correct. I got it back in 2020 and added the various packages as they came out.  I think I set, or tried to, the size of the clubs - but didn’t worry too much if the impact location was super accurate. Then I started partying more attention as I’ve gotten too many of these lately…

So what is your routine?  Are you hitting each club once or twice?  Just a couple?

Does it “learn”?  I mean if I hit it center, and it thinks it’s a toe strike, and I use the calibration tool to shift the location - does that hold for future sessions?  Carry over from club to club? How many shots does it take to calibrate?

I know I’m asking a bunch of questions but you all seem to have dived deeper into this calibration issue.  Thanks

Once it's calibrated it stays pretty accurate from what I have seen as long as you are hitting from the same general location. 

I normally hit an iron a few times and then throw a piece of painters tape on the club face so it's easy to remove but gives me a strike location. 

Then go to the face impact and calibrate that location. Once that's done, you can check the change all shots and that's it. You may get the random misread but not often. 

Hope this helps. 

22 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Like @Josh Parker said same general setup is key. Can be tough if moving the unit around consistently but if you can try to have a general area to setup (I put a flag in the ground where I put the unit every time)

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

17 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

9 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Once it's calibrated it stays pretty accurate from what I have seen as long as you are hitting from the same general location. 

I normally hit an iron a few times and then throw a piece of painters tape on the club face so it's easy to remove but gives me a strike location. 

Then go to the face impact and calibrate that location. Once that's done, you can check the change all shots and that's it. You may get the random misread but not often. 

Hope this helps. 

As Josh mentioned here it usually stays set for the most part. 

My setup is as follows

I have the spot for the Mevo marked as well as the spot in my mat for the hitting location(just a black dot where the ball sets). 
After going through all the startup setup settings, I always warm up with my 7-iron. I’ll hit a few to loosen up then go to face impact. Using painters tape as Josh mentioned is a quick easy way to find location.  I’ll calibrated it if needed and hit change all shots.  I’ll hit a few more to make sure everything’s good then start my range session or sim round. 

I never change club size as most clubs are fairly close in size but if you had the time and don’t change clubs often or want to compare any, I can’t see how it would hurt.   

39 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I have the spot for the Mevo marked as well as the spot in my mat for the hitting location(just a black dot where the ball sets). 

I move my location every day.  I have a trustrike gel mat and don’t want to wear out a spot so one day it’s forward, next is middle, next is back.  But for the day it’s the exact same location. 

I’ll have to give that painters tape a try. Never heard of that before. Certainly cheaper than those impact stickers. 

Right now I’m most concerned w Path and FTT, but it’s good to know and my coach likes to see. 

Thanks

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

25 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

I move my location every day.  I have a trustrike gel mat and don’t want to wear out a spot so one day it’s forward, next is middle, next is back.  But for the day it’s the exact same location. 

I’ll have to give that painters tape a try. Never heard of that before. Certainly cheaper than those impact stickers. 

Right now I’m most concerned w Path and FTT, but it’s good to know and my coach likes to see. 

Thanks

I don't hit into the net much and mine gets taken to the range all the time so I'm never in the same spot.   It doesn't take long to calibrate on a flat surface and the tape makes it easy enough and quick enough. Few shots and it's set.  

• 2 weeks later...

@Josh Parker @GolfSpy_BNG do either of you know if there is a way to get the face impact heat map when running the Mevo+ on an iPhone instead of iPad? For each shot I get face impact data in the trajectory view and dashboard, but in club analysis there isn’t a button near the 3D and 2D view selectors to view face impact specific info.

36 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

@Josh Parker @GolfSpy_BNG do either of you know if there is a way to get the face impact heat map when running the Mevo+ on an iPhone instead of iPad? For each shot I get face impact data in the trajectory view and dashboard, but in club analysis there isn’t a button near the 3D and 2D view selectors to view face impact specific info.

That I don't know. I don't have an iPhone but do remember that being an issue for @GolfSpy_BNG.  It seems like on the phone the face impact didn't work. 

17 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

That I don't know. I don't have an iPhone but do remember that being an issue for @GolfSpy_BNG.  It seems like on the phone the face impact didn't work. 

I’ll have to read through his posts again to see if I catch that in there. I guess I could always bring my iPad to the range to get the more detailed face impact data, but I would prefer to get it working on my phone. I’m already a packrat with extras in my bag, I don’t want another reason to feed my over packing tendencies.

12 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

I’ll have to read through his posts again to see if I catch that in there. I guess I could always bring my iPad to the range to get the more detailed face impact data, but I would prefer to get it working on my phone. I’m already a packrat with extras in my bag, I don’t want another reason to feed my over packing tendencies.

I take mine to the range.  I set on the ground and can see all my stats and turn the volume up on it so it tells me my distance. 

1 hour ago, musicalmedicine said:

I don’t think it’s possible to view the heat map on an iPhone. 

18 minutes ago, TigerHoods said:

I don’t think it’s possible to view the heat map on an iPhone. 

Thanks for the info!

my new bag, I’ll do a WITB soon!

IMG_7668.jpeg.5ba43af95ef622be2bbbddebe2c9d6d4.jpeg

@musicalmedicine the heat map and calibration are not available on the iPhone. Flightscope CS said the screen isn’t big enough 🤷🏻‍♂️. Once I switched to the iPad everything showed up and the experience was actually better. 

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

@musicalmedicine the heat map and calibration are not available on the iPhone. Flightscope CS said the screen isn’t big enough 🤷🏻‍♂️. Once I switched to the iPad everything showed up and the experience was actually better. 

Thanks for your insights! I do use the iPad for sim golf in the backyard net but haven’t really used the iPad with the flight scope app. I’ll have to suck it up and start taking the iPad with me to the range.

34 minutes ago, musicalmedicine said:

Thanks for your insights! I do use the iPad for sim golf in the backyard net but haven’t really used the iPad with the flight scope app. I’ll have to suck it up and start taking the iPad with me to the range.

It’s really worth it.  Being about to calibrate the face impact helped the numbers I was getting indoors. I haven’t tried to go outside with it yet but I really need to.   

1 hour ago, musicalmedicine said:

Thanks for the info!

my new bag, I’ll do a WITB soon!