Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Fit For Golf Training App - 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

MyGolfSpy Forum members, the forum staff is excited to extend an exclusive discount courtesy of Mike Carroll and @Fit_For_Golf. All forum members can now use the promo code MGSFORUM to receive 20% off a subscription to the Fit for Golf 2.0 app.  The promo code can be applied to either a monthly or annual subscription. Not familiar with Fit for Golf 2.0?  Scroll through our just-wrapped review thread to learn more. You'll see our testers lost weight and gained speed and distance, and the app is being perpetually upgraded with big things to come. Many thanks to Fit for Golf for this offer, now let's see how many of us sign up as we speed towards the offseason, and post your own impressions and progress!

On 9/5/2024 at 7:47 AM, Bohnson said:

I worked out heavy legs this week. Golf league should be interesting tonight, I’m sore! 

Great discount BTW! Always nice to have a legit program to follow. 

LOL. Well, more like 😂. Honestly not laughing at you, but chuckling from prior knowledge.  There were a few times, back when I was regular running longer distances (>5 miles a couple of times a week) that I would do a long run the day before a round and the next day my game would be 💩 ... well at least not so great. It finally dawned on me that it might not be a great idea to run 10 miles on Saturday and then get up at 6 the next morning and try to walk 18-hole holes and play well, Duh.  What can you do?  Anyway hopefully the round went well. 

Edited by Subdiver1
remove second comment
  • Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

I concur with all the testers, take advantage of the discount and try a couple of the programs for a year. What do you really have to lose? Other than a few pounds. 

Sorry folks, I have been pretty absent since posting the final review. Lots' of craziness going on here. So much so that other than using the mobility and stretching routines I have not been able to get started on my next phase. I am still planning on using the app and the workout plans after I get over this hump of chaos and will post some updates as I get back into a routine. If anyone is on the fence about subscribing and using the app I say take advantage of the discount Mike is offering and try it out for a year. I'm not a big Nike fan, but "Just do it!" 😁

19 hours ago, Subdiver1 said:

LOL. Well, more like 😂. Honestly not laughing at you, but chuckling from prior knowledge.  There were a few times, back when I was regular running longer distances (>5 miles a couple of times a week) that I would do a long run the day before a round and the next day my game would be 💩 ... well at least not so great. It finally dawned on me that it might not be a great idea to run 10 miles on Saturday and then get up at 6 the next morning and try to walk 18-hole holes and play well, Duh.  What can you do?  Anyway hopefully the round went well. 

That is some serious mileage to be running! My feet hurt thinking about it. Crazy that Tiger Woods used to run and train so much and still perform. I managed to do alright lol made some lucky putts. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Just a quick check in a few months post program...

I am still utilizing the dynamic warm up before 95% of all my workouts and before I play. Additionally, I hit high speed rotational work 2x per week as part of my ab regimen, usually with the medicine ball pull downs. The other two days a week I will do either cable wood chops or kneeling cable wood chops. I've found that keeping the obliques firing helps to stabilize my lower back, and if I skip my RDL's or deadlifts for more than 2 or 3 weeks my lower back will start to hurt. They're back in on my lower weight higher volume days now. 

Honestly, the protocols in the Velocity program were money. Looking back on it, it was one of the best 12 week cycles I've ever done. If you're still on the fence, get off it and try it out for a couple of months.

Titleist TSR3 // Tensei 1K Black 65g

Titleist TSR3 3W 15* // HZRDOUS Black 70g

Titleist U505 2i // HZRDOUS Black 85g

Taylormade P770 4-PW // Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 105g

Callaway JAWS MD5 50*

Callaway JAWS Raw 54* / 58*

Taylormade Spider GTX Single Bend Splitback / Ping Zing 2

Titleist ProV1 // Srixon Z-Star XV (Depending on how much money I want to lose any given swing)