Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

What's Your Go To Putter?

GolfSpy_APH

My go to after trying so many putters over the years from Scotty Cameron Newport 2 and 2.5, Phantom lines, Ping Tyne PLD, Mezz Max, Bettinardi blades and Mallet, Miura, Spider, I found I putt best with a plumbers neck with no sight line paint fill. 

So I went with a Lajosi DD201 customized and it is the longest I have ever owned a putter. 

IMG_5547.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5550.jpeg

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

On 3/12/2024 at 6:50 AM, CorporateGolfRat said:

BIG PUTTER UPDATE!! The past 5-6 months have been a nightmare on the greens. I do not 3 putt often but I also do not 1 putt often. My biggest issue is holding a line. My feel has been all over with my O-Works blade. I recently just acquired a Scotty Cameron Del Mar. I can't get behind the feeling of a center shafted putter due to the robotic back and forth feel of the motion. I decided to get a heel shafted putter a chance after rolling my buddies on the course. 

First thoughts, this thing has changed how I think about putts. A lot less of my feel is based on start line but simply clean contact. My setup has moved slightly backwards from off the heel to just off center. I can consistently get the ball to start in the direction I intend now!!! 

With the above being said I see a struggle with long/lag putting. I find it harder to judge power in the heel shafted putter with the amount of torque generated on the head. Hopefully a couple long practice sessions can help alleviate that thought. I will update here. 

For any of those going through putter controversies, commit to the change! I am rebuilding with my go to putting drills and it has made me incredibly more repetitive in just a weeks time. 

Got some.pics? 

The DB is still my go to putter. I have a few still in the garage that I've not tried yet, as I'm having a blast not rolling 3 putts! Also been messing around with the Lombardi putter on the side, and it's great for longer putts as it's so head heavy. Shorter putts take a little more effort not to over hit the ball.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I have tried many putters over the years from Scottys to Toulons but my go to putter is the LAB Golf LINK 1 which has transformed my game in the last year. It may not be quite as forgiving as the DF or Mezz putters but it is still way more forgiving than any other putter I have had before. 

image.png.af1195270c59d43b2b2db98acadbfa90.png

Driver:  Callaway Paradym X 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0

5W: TM Stealth 2 HD Speeder NX Red Stiff

7W: PXG 0211 Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

Irons:  Takomo 101s 5-PW KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 52/56/60 DG115 Wedge Flex

Putter: Lab Golf Link 1

Ball:   TP5

Tech: Flightscope Mevo+, Shotscope V3, DeWiz

45 minutes ago, Nemac said:

I have tried many putters over the years from Scottys to Toulons but my go to putter is the LAB Golf LINK 1 which has transformed my game in the last year. It may not be quite as forgiving as the DF or Mezz putters but it is still way more forgiving than any other putter I have had before. 

How are you liking the reverse taper grip so far? I was tempted to throw one on my Link as well.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

• 2 weeks later...
I am sending the link vs the DF3. The stock link fits my specs and I can get promptly vs a custom order DF3 that will end up being at least 100$ more expensive

How big a difference on course did you find between your link and other LAb putters?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I’ve got 3 in the arsenal - Ping Ally (2 deg up, 34”), Ping Ketch (33”, STD lie) and Odyssey Ten 2-ball (35”, 2 deg up) 

Like them all but the Ketch finds my bag most of the time!

Ping G425 LST Driver

Ping G425 3 Wood

Ping G425 19deg Hybrid

Ping G430 irons 5-P, 45, 50

Taylormade MG3 wedges 54, 58

Ping Ketch Putter 34”

I have 2 but my main one is my new DF3 with BGT Stability Tour ONE shaft as it replaced my EV2 Evnroll with BGT Fire Stability shaft that I used for most of 2023. It's now time for me to start practicing my fist pump

IMG_1379.jpeg.e20c0fba39928510833fb7126289d485.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

Edited by RangerGrey

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/ VA Composites Slay 55

3W: :cobra-small: Darkspeed Max w/UST Mamiya LIN-Q-M40X Red

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60 

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

I am actually debating getting ADF 3, but would have to go custom since they no. Longer offer a 33 inch. And I found that the thirty four inch felt very light.

Alternatively, the stock 33 inch DF 2.1 aligns with my virtual fitting. And I can get four close to 2 hundred dollars less...
Do you have any experience with the DF2.1or only the new d f three

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

This is my 1st LAB and I went with the DF3 in 34" I didn't know they no longer make the 33" I truly don't think it will make too much difference as I did order mine with t a heavier head so that may help. Give LAB a call and see what they would suggest. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/ VA Composites Slay 55

3W: :cobra-small: Darkspeed Max w/UST Mamiya LIN-Q-M40X Red

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60 

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

23 minutes ago, RangerGrey said:

This is my 1st LAB and I went with the DF3 in 34" I didn't know they no longer make the 33" I truly don't think it will make too much difference as I did order mine with t a heavier head so that may help. Give LAB a call and see what they would suggest. 

They make it but only in custom whereas the mezz link and df2.1 can be had in 33 inch

Old 80's Ping blade with polymer insert. Wrong lie, not heavy enough, and 1" short on the shaft. But knowing what makes the fit wrong has helped me think about my putting in a more strategic and technical level. 

I'm a Broadband Putter - lots of lag!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:44 AM, BallsLeon said:

My current gamer is a Sub 70 Sycamore 009 Mini: 35" w/ graphite/steel combo shaft and a green Garsen Ultimate grip.

Currently configured with 15g weights, and I use a choked down traditional putting grip.

IMG_1895.jpg.727639746894cc92e4ceb5c67cc79174.jpgIMG_1896.jpg.f1e3fb0d6b9c30270affe898339d6fdb.jpgIMG_1901.jpg.911effd875a12719555b88a8057be3ef.jpg

This is a fantastic putter. Have the same with a SS 3.0 with counterweight in the grip. Very balanced and rolls the ball great. 

Practical golf FTW!

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Ping Sigma 2 Anser Platinum, but I have always wanted to get try an armlock and broomstick. Anyone selling one, let me know. I am typically new as my collection is only 6 putters so far, but I am interested in growing it.

- TK

I have an ancient Acuity DN2 mallet putter and my buddies call it Mjölnir because it’s basically Thor’s Hammer. It’s so heavy. Been meaning to get a new one but haven’t decided how much I want to spend 

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Mine is the only club that didn’t need changing at my last two fittings . “If it’s not broke ,don’t fix it “. They did tweak my loft from 3.5* to 2* , which helped on my pace a lot ! IMG_1898.jpeg.762bc9abf8da59a6158aab5276fcdb30.jpegIMG_1899.jpeg.ca2285a603fac1fac952fc05b12a909f.jpeg

Taylormade  Stealth 2  10.5*   Fujikura Ventus 5 S (tipped an inch)  @ upright @9.75*

Taylormade Stealth 2    HL 16.5* 3 wood Fujikura Ventus     6 S 

Taylormade Stealth 2   7 wood   Fujikura Ventus   7 S

Taylormade P7MC  5-PW  Aerotech Steelfiber  I 95 gm  R 

Tileist SM09 54 & 60* wedges

Ping Anser    

Bridgestone BXS         

My "go to" putter is now the Taylormade FCG Spider.  I love this putter, it's helped me on the greens more than I expected, changing over from a blade to this mallet design, and the Spider is so smooth and much easier to align.

taylormade-spider-fcg-3-putter 01.jpg

taylormade-spider-fcg-3-putter 02.jpg

taylormade-spider-fcg-3-putter 03.jpg

My weapons of choice:

Driver: :ping-small: G430 Max 10.5

5 Wood: :ping-small: G430 Max

7Wood: :cobra-small: King F9 SpeedBack

Hybrid: :PXG: 0211, 19-degree

Irons 1: :srixon-small: ZX5, 5-GW

Irons 2: :PXG: 0211 XCOR2, 5-GW

Wedges: :vokey-small:  SM9, 52 F8 & 56 S10

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider FCG #3 Mallet

“Of all the hazards, fear is the worst.” - Sam Snead

EVNROLL ER2 Black.  The roll is pure and it sits perfect for me on the ground (was fitted - HIGHLY recommend).  The black head and shaft - no glare.  

As of 4/20/24

Driver:   Titleist TSr3 10.0 w/ Tensei AV Series Blue S Shaft

Wood:   PXG 3 wood 15* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black Low Spin Shaft

2-Hybrid: PXG Gen5 0311 17* w/ EvenFlow Riptide Graphite Hybrid Shaft

3-Hybrid: Taylor Made Burner Superfast 2.0 18* w/ Stock S shaft

Irons:    PXG 0311P Series - 5-7 Iron; 0311T Series 8-W

Wedge: PXG Sugar Daddy 0311 - 50,54,60 degree 

Putter:  EVNRLL ER2 Black

Balls:  ProV1

The only putter I own, odyssey sabretooth with a super stroke grip. I wanted the heavy model but it was sold out so I added weight to it until I got it where I liked it. I am looking for another one just in case something stupid happens to this one. 

Frank musolino 

Blade all the way baby. Its what I learned on and I'm not switching now, no matter what the analytics say. Mallets etc. All look weird to me and don't inspire confidence.

Course Management is for the timid.

I can play and have played with either blade or mallet putters comfortably. I'm still fussy about other things, though.

I need either shaft aligned or onset putters.
I can't putt the ball off a cruise ship deck into the ocean with an offset putter.

I'm also not big on toe hang.
I do better with face balance.

My very first face balanced putter was a Ram Zebra mallet back in the day,
but I've putted well with a few blade type putters as well,
as long as they had minimal toe hang.

On 4/3/2024 at 4:09 PM, Mike939 said:

Adopted a Wilson infinite center shafted with lead tape on the back,as a lefty player,started putting right and wow ,what a difference.

IMG_0566.jpeg

Nice.  I have its ugly cousin, the Buckingham,

71YbcP9L28L._AC_SX679_.jpg

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter