Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Extending LAB Mezz with Accra shaft

Hello all!! I was fitted at Club Champion and decided on  Mezz Max. My specs are 37-37.5" 69-70* lie, and Press II 1.5 grip. I really don't want to wait 8 weeks. So I've been looking at Lab Outlet and eBay. There are a few options that fit, but they're 36". Can I have my pro shop pull the grip, add an inch and reinstall the grip? Will the extension throw off the whole lie angle balance thing? I know with normal putters it would be no big deal, but I understand LAB is a different animal. Anybody extend their LAB, or extend someone else's? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

It would definitely influence the lie angle. Could be with reaching out to lab and see what they recommend. 

As a side note I was/am not the biggest fan of extensions. If course they work, but there is a feel difference as it is a different material or shaft that is being used. 

The lab shafts are stiff and that is part of the feel. Adding may also change the feel a little. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

23 minutes ago, Jeremy26 said:

Hello all!! I was fitted at Club Champion and decided on  Mezz Max. My specs are 37-37.5" 69-70* lie, and Press II 1.5 grip. I really don't want to wait 8 weeks. So I've been looking at Lab Outlet and eBay. There are a few options that fit, but they're 36". Can I have my pro shop pull the grip, add an inch and reinstall the grip? Will the extension throw off the whole lie angle balance thing? I know with normal putters it would be no big deal, but I understand LAB is a different animal. Anybody extend their LAB, or extend someone else's? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

NOT a good idea! Besides the whole lie angle and balance thing, which could be a major problem, it's not likely that they will be able to save that proprietary Press II grip and re-installing it properly won't be easy, either.

Edited by funkyjudge

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

11 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It would definitely influence the lie angle. Could be with reaching out to lab and see what they recommend. 

As a side note I was/am not the biggest fan of extensions. If course they work, but there is a feel difference as it is a different material or shaft that is being used. 

The lab shafts are stiff and that is part of the feel. Adding may also change the feel a little. 

I sent them a couple of emails, but never got a response. I imagine it's because they would want me to order a new one. I'll keep on the lookout at their outlet shop.

9 hours ago, funkyjudge said:

NOT a good idea! Besides the whole lie angle and balance thing, which could be a major problem, it's not likely that they will be able to save that proprietary Press II grip and re-installing it properly won't be easy, either.

Got an answer from LAB. Sounds risky. I could just buy a new grip rather than going through the trouble of pulling and reinstalling it. I guess I'll probably keep looking on the secondary market for a week and hope I get lucky. If not, I might go for it. I'm a gambling man😂 F34C4546-DF18-4B41-A9C6-418805509EC6.jpeg.8bee106b22da21d0bd730d208824e009.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

the ID for many of the "low torque" shafts is smaller than a regular shaft. Extending it may not be an option and if so would take some skill. 

Removing the OEM is also tougher. The multilayer grip doesn't simply blow off and you run the risk of damaging a needle with the solvent method. The later is more likely to work imo.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.