Unofficial Review - Mizuno Pro 245

Nharvey20

Hello all! This is my first unofficial review and might I say do I have a great product to be starting off with.

I just recently went to get fitted for some new irons this past week and going in had a couple of ideas of what I wanted. These included the P series irons from Taylormade (including P790 and P770), Titleist T200, and Srixon ZX5. Coming from the Titleist T100s (2021), I was looking for increased ball speed, consistency, increased yardage, all while maintaining a sleek profile and a good feeling club. 

Starting off with the JPX 923 Forged, I was blown away. So forgiving, so sleek, and a great feel (fully forged). Has the cavity back look which I am not very much a fan of. Used this more so for testing shafts and lengths. 

After finding the shaft that fit me well (Project X IO stiff), we moved into some other heads that I was interested in. The only one that performed well enough for my liking aside from the 923 forged was the Srixon ZX5. Great feel with a beautiful look and great forgiveness. 

Finishing up I was pretty set on the JPX Forged, until my fitter said “I have one I would like to throw in the mix”. I had previously told him to throw anything in that he wanted to because I dont really feel tied down to any brands. He throws in the 245, a sleek looking blade style, hollow body design. This design is the same specs as the JPX Forged, just a little more compact which I was okay with. I stepped up and striped one with a 7 iron about 179 yards carry. Mind you my current 7 iron only flies around 163. I was shocked. The 245 has incredible feel to go with its outstanding looks. I was getting great launch and spin numbers and my smash factor was up into 1.38 which I had not reached with my current 7 iron at all. 

Overall I had an amazing experience with my fitter Cameron Marks. I cannot wait to get these in the bag. I ended up going with a combo set in the 4/5 in the JPX Forged and 6-P in the 245 with Project X IO 110 g stiff shafts extended 0.5 inches and bent 1 degree upright.

I will have updates coming soon. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed. 

WITB:

Taylormade Stealth Driver (Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s)

Titleist T100s/T200 combo set (4-5,6-48)

Ping DS 72 putter.

Mixed and Match wedges.

3 hours ago, Nharvey20 said:

Hello all! This is my first unofficial review and might I say do I have a great product to be starting off with.

I just recently went to get fitted for some new irons this past week and going in had a couple of ideas of what I wanted. These included the P series irons from Taylormade (including P790 and P770), Titleist T200, and Srixon ZX5. Coming from the Titleist T100s (2021), I was looking for increased ball speed, consistency, increased yardage, all while maintaining a sleek profile and a good feeling club. 

Starting off with the JPX 923 Forged, I was blown away. So forgiving, so sleek, and a great feel (fully forged). Has the cavity back look which I am not very much a fan of. Used this more so for testing shafts and lengths. 

After finding the shaft that fit me well (Project X IO stiff), we moved into some other heads that I was interested in. The only one that performed well enough for my liking aside from the 923 forged was the Srixon ZX5. Great feel with a beautiful look and great forgiveness. 

Finishing up I was pretty set on the JPX Forged, until my fitter said “I have one I would like to throw in the mix”. I had previously told him to throw anything in that he wanted to because I dont really feel tied down to any brands. He throws in the 245, a sleek looking blade style, hollow body design. This design is the same specs as the JPX Forged, just a little more compact which I was okay with. I stepped up and striped one with a 7 iron about 179 yards carry. Mind you my current 7 iron only flies around 163. I was shocked. The 245 has incredible feel to go with its outstanding looks. I was getting great launch and spin numbers and my smash factor was up into 1.38 which I had not reached with my current 7 iron at all. 

Overall I had an amazing experience with my fitter Cameron Marks. I cannot wait to get these in the bag. I ended up going with a combo set in the 4/5 in the JPX Forged and 6-P in the 245 with Project X IO 110 g stiff shafts extended 0.5 inches and bent 1 degree upright.

I will have updates coming soon. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed. 

I love that Project X IO shaft!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I demoed the 245 a few weeks ago and LOVED them. The looks (might be the best looking irons out there) the feel, the performance… everything about them was awesome. With all that being said I didn’t feel there was any substantial improvement from my gamers to justify speeding $1200 on them. After a few product cycles of in can find a good deal on a used set I’ll be sure to grab them. 

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

I haven't hit the 245s but I have a set of 225s. They are a very nice look iron. More forgiving than one would realize also. The forged face is incredibly hot, even on mishits the ball still travels relatively close to a pure strike. I have the Nippon 1150 GH Tour X in my 225s. 

Ai Smoke Max 10.5* |  Ventus TR Blue 7x

HL 16.5* |  Speeder NX Green 6s

Apex UW 19* |  Ventus TR Red 6s

ZX7 Mk ii 4-PW |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120x

MG4 50-54-58 |  NS Modus Pro 3 Tour 120s

Edel EAS 1.5/ Scotty Cameron Phantom 5s