Vice Golf Balls - 2024 Forum Review

Great write up!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Well gentlemen, I think we did an excellent job.. Got other spies interested in what I'm thinking is a really good/great product for a fair price.. Thanks to MGS Admin for this opportunity and my fellow spies for pushing to make me find out more and more about this product!

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

After returning home from July 4th camping trip including 18 holes at Champion Hills in Beulah Michigan:

20240706_1323321.jpg.3897387fd6eda18e5130b8a0d31816b9.jpg

I finally submitted my final review, thanks MGS and Vice golf for this opportunity, it was a pleasure!

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F9 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5 putter

55 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Well gentlemen, I think we did an excellent job.. Got other spies interested in what I'm thinking is a really good/great product for a fair price.. Thanks to MGS Admin for this opportunity and my fellow spies for pushing to make me find out more and more about this product!

I agree, I think you testers covered a lot in your times with each model. I have a couple dozen of the previous generation that I haven't even opened yet, but I need to so I can justify my purchase of the new gen Vice balls.

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X

16 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

I agree, I think you testers covered a lot in your times with each model. I have a couple dozen of the previous generation that I haven't even opened yet, but I need to so I can justify my purchase of the new gen Vice balls.

I sent @cksurfdudemy last sleeve or I would gladly send a sleeve to the West Coast.. definitely worth playing!

9 minutes ago, 3Putt4Double said:

I sent @cksurfdudemy last sleeve or I would gladly send a sleeve to the West Coast.. definitely worth playing!

No worries at all, it's hard to justify buying when I have a travel suitcase full of untouched dozens so I need to just play them and try to lose them 🤷🏽‍♂️

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

4i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :mizuno-small: M.Craft Type VI

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X

On 7/6/2024 at 1:59 AM, Green4Spinach said:

My review of the Vice Drive is now complete. The full text is here: 

Please do ask any questions, or provide any feedback. It's my first review and I am keen to learn. 

Nice write ups everyone! @Skrizan we live very close to one another. 😀

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

irons - Callaway Big Bertha 2002 (It's a long story!)

Putter - Odyssey AI one 2 ball DB 35¨

11 hours ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

No worries at all, it's hard to justify buying when I have a travel suitcase full of untouched dozens so I need to just play them and try to lose them 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm in the same boat. I have a cabinet full of balls that I need to get through before even thinking of getting anything else. I'm only losing 1-2 per round, so I might be able to get new balls around 2030. 🙂

1 hour ago, Shrek74 said:

I'm in the same boat. I have a cabinet full of balls that I need to get through before even thinking of getting anything else. I'm only losing 1-2 per round, so I might be able to get new balls around 2030. 🙂

I always say I can use them when I retire and can't afford to buy them!  The ones in the Crown bags are slightly used but playable. 

20240709_110407.jpg.25a3e4831d0e7c4678722fa4e0df5d18.jpg

PING G410 Driver and 3 metal, Callaway Hybrids, Cobra F9 irons, Callaway wedges, Scotty Cameron Phantom X7.5 putter

7 minutes ago, Skrizan said:

I always say I can use them when I retire and can't afford to buy them!  The ones in the Crown bags are slightly used but playable. 

That is an awesome collection @Skrizan. More balls than I have ever seen at one time in my whole life. 

* Titleist 915 D2 - Accra iW4

* Callaway Rogue ST Max 5FW

* Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi 4 and 5 hybrids

* Callaway Steelhead XR 5-PW

* Ping Glide 4 50 and 56 / Callaway Mack Daddy 2 60

* Odyssey White Hot OG 7

* Mizuno RB566

* Shot Scope X5

7 minutes ago, Skrizan said:

So much variety.

I have 11 Maxfli Tour (7 yellow, 4 white), 2 OnCore VeroX1 yellow, and 2 Snell MTB Prime white. I want to test the VeroX1's to the Tours, and the Snells were just a curiosity when they were clearing out inventory for the new balls.

I try to stick with 1 ball and not vary, unless I'm testing.

2 hours ago, Green4Spinach said:

That is an awesome collection @Skrizan. More balls than I have ever seen at one time in my whole life. 

Way more then I should have, but the reasons why are 3 fold:  

1. I get random sleeves at scramble events

2. Any league prize is only good for the PRO shop and is usually too small for anything except golf balls.  

3. My wife is a clearance shopper, and sends me pics of clearance balls and asks if I want them. 

6 hours ago, Skrizan said:

I would take a case of top flight if my wife offered to buy them 😂.. I have to buy the extra off the Internet and send them to a buddies house and hide them in my truck.. My under the seat compartment (that she doesn't know about) has about 5 cases

4 hours ago, 3Putt4Double said:

I would take a case of top flight if my wife offered to buy them 😂.. I have to buy the extra off the Internet and send them to a buddies house and hide them in my truck.. My under the seat compartment (that she doesn't know about) has about 5 cases

Probably not the best environment to store balls 🙂

I have a stash of 18 dozen of the 2020 Pro Plus but wanted to hold off on buying more until after this test.

Driver:  Titleist TS2 9.5

Fairway:  Tour Edge CB4 Tour 16.5 

Irons:  Titleist 690.CB 3-PW

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 56

Putter:  Odyssey Works Versa 1W

Ball:  Vice Pro Plus

5 hours ago, webahoi said:

Hello. Has anyone already tested the new Vice Pro against the old Vice Pro? I've only been playing Vice Pro for 4 years and heard that the new Vice Pro 2024 is different. Can anyone tell a difference?

The Pro was the ball I tested out, but I didn't test it against a former Vice Pro so can't help to much here.. Can tell you it performed well and didn't really see any down side to playing it

I agree that the testers provided excellent write-ups. I recently tried the VICE Pro and was seriously impressed with the soft feel of the club, the distance. I must say that the only minor downfall was durability of the cover. It scuffed too easily on some hard surfaces and occasionally scarred off wedge shots. I recommend that you give them a try.

P.A. Renaud - Driver - Mizuno STX 230 

Irons - Taylormade Stealth 5 to Sand wedge

Putter - Taylormade Spider GTX

70 years old - disabled due to accident in Albania during 30 years service in Canadian Army.

Donator/Veteran

Broken 80 several times

12 hours ago, webahoi said:

Hello. Has anyone already tested the new Vice Pro against the old Vice Pro? I've only been playing Vice Pro for 4 years and heard that the new Vice Pro 2024 is different. Can anyone tell a difference?

I tested out the Vice Pro Air.  

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

2 hours ago, PAR4MEPlease said:

I agree that the testers provided excellent write-ups. I recently tried the VICE Pro and was seriously impressed with the soft feel of the club, the distance. I must say that the only minor downfall was durability of the cover. It scuffed too easily on some hard surfaces and occasionally scarred off wedge shots. I recommend that you give them a try.

Were they the 2024 model Vice Pros? The durability I saw was amazing..I hit trees, cart paths, other golf carts (don't ask), etc and could hardly make a scuff

PXL_20240606_193621966.jpg.d09a12845a759642ac15488cb4e1c177.jpg

2 hours ago, 3Putt4Double said:

Were they the 2024 model Vice Pros? The durability I saw was amazing..I hit trees, cart paths, other golf carts (don't ask), etc and could hardly make a scuff

PXL_20240606_193621966.jpg.d09a12845a759642ac15488cb4e1c177.jpg

The Vice Pro Air is durable as well. I played with the same balls for numerous rounds and didn’t notice any issues until I hit a cart path and a few trees. 😂

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

10 hours ago, webahoi said:

I ordered a Vice Pro and will report back. Thank you for the previous answers.

I hope you like them!

Edited by Lefty11

PXG 0211

18* hybrid (Taylormade)

22* hybrid (Adams)

On 7/8/2024 at 8:06 PM, Skrizan said:

After returning home from July 4th camping trip including 18 holes at Champion Hills in Beulah Michigan:

20240706_1323321.jpg.3897387fd6eda18e5130b8a0d31816b9.jpg

I finally submitted my final review, thanks MGS and Vice golf for this opportunity, it was a pleasure!

Great work!

2023 MGS tester: OnCore VERO X1 ball

2024 MGS tester: Edel Array putter

Driver: Callaway Epic Max 9*

3W: Ping G425 max

Irons: Srixon JX5-MKII (5-PW)

48* Titleist Vokey SM9

52* Cleveland RTX Zipcore

56* Titleist Vokey SM8

Putter: Edel Array B-1

Is there someone who have a discount code for Vice? I would buy the Vice Pro Plus. Hope someone have a code for me! 🙏🏼

Taylormade M4/P790/MG4/SpiderGTmax

1 hour ago, Prodigal Duffer said:

Great work!

Thanks! @Prodigal Duffer Was a a little more work and time commitment than I expected, but I didn't take it lightly and enjoyed the experience.

... I think of the MGS Forum as a great  big family. One of the things I love about reviews is not only getting the opinion of a fellow golfer and even if they are not applicable for my game an index, it lets me know about products I don't use but my playing pards might be interested in trying. Plus they are just interesting and fun.

... Which brings me to a pet peeve. Not posting a picture of yourself, especially if you don't have an avatar picture leaves an incomplete picture. It should be mandatory. A nice profile picture would be ideal and including family, pets, etc is a nice touch but really any picture is nice as it gives us an idea of who we are reading. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:   :taylormade-small:   Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
                  :cobra-small:    Aerojet 20* 7 wood ... Kai'Li Blue 70r
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        G430 Hybrid 22*... Alta Hy70r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 4-9i ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small:     MG3 46*/50*/54* MG4 58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:          :taylormade-small:     '24 TP5x/Maxfli Tour X 

26 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I think of the MGS Forum as a great  big family. One of the things I love about reviews is not only getting the opinion of a fellow golfer and even if they are not applicable for my game an index, it lets me know about products I don't use but my playing pards might be interested in trying. Plus they are just interesting and fun.

... Which brings me to a pet peeve. Not posting a picture of yourself, especially if you don't have an avatar picture leaves an incomplete picture. It should be mandatory. A nice profile picture would be ideal and including family, pets, etc is a nice touch but really any picture is nice as it gives us an idea of who we are reading. 

Dear fellow actor, 

Not everyone is as comfortable in front of the camera as we are 😉  While we DO encourage all testers to post photos of themselves in the Introduction, it is by no means mandatory, as I've met many people (as have you, I'm sure) who absolutely dread being in pictures.  No reason to make someone do something they dread - the review is often plenty of pressure, especially for first-time testers.  

That being said, I agree with you that it really DOES help us get to know each other and to have a visual to imagine the tester out on the course with the equipment.  🙂

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track