Axiom 105x Review: Love at first strike

I recently had the opportunity to test the Axiom 105x, set to D2 in a Miura KM700 7i. Here are my thoughts:

Look:

First of all, these shafts look amazing. the black matte stands out from the typical metal shine you typically see. When I went to my local golf sim bar, everyone wanted to check out the club and hit it. The fact that the KM700 is probably the most beautiful looking head probably had something to do with this, though I was surprised at how many people commented on the shaft!

Feel:

I was skeptical about this shaft when I first received it. I typically play a modus 120x/oban ct 115x, and had this pre-conceived notion that a shaft in the 105 gram range would be too light. I played with a modus 105 S for a season, and while that shaft is fantastic, I just pulled it left too often. After spending half a season changing shafts and trying to narrow it down, I realized that shafts in the 115-120 range are a good fit for me, and with my swing profile, the modus 120x and oban ct 115x just fit. 

I love the feel of those shafts and everything about them. They are simply fantastic, and have helped me hit some of my best shots to date. 

fast forward to receiving this 7 iron, and WOW!!! It was love at first swing. I could feel the head throughout my swing, and the load on the shaft perfectly. This thing is STABLE, even at this weight. When Fujikara stated they are able to seperate weight from flex, I didnt know exactly what they meant until I swung this bad boy. 

the feel is definitely one of the best feels from a shaft I have had. To add onto that, I could still feel my miss-hits and where on the face those were. Feedback still exists. 

Performance:

I swing my 7 Iron on average around 92-95mph, and I was able to produce some of my best ball speed numbers with this shaft. It promotes a mid trajectory, mid spin flight, which I prefer. What surprised me the most is that I was able to hit a variety of shots with ease. I didnt feel like I had to muscle a shot, but rather just swing and promote the flight that I desired. I contribute that to the weight and build, as the swing weight fits me quite well. This shaft paired with the heavier Muira head is a good fit. 

I have recently run into some troubles with my iron swing, thus when I need to pull back and hit 25-50% shots to get back to some level of consistency, I was able to do so, and surprisingly didnt pull the ball, as I typically do when I hit half shots. The stability of this shaft is nuts. A much different experience from the typical Iron shafts I hit. 

Overall:

At 30 years old, with a very fast swing speed, I never thought I would be a candidate for graphite iron shafts. The Fujikara Axiom has proved me wrong. To put this into color, After that night at the golf sim bar, I reach out to my builder, Peoples Golf, and immediately ordered a set of the KM700's with the Axiom 105x shaft, built D2-D4 with my grip and ferrule of choice. I am now waiting for this build to come in, and I could not be more pumped. This shaft simply performs. My only complaint is I wish it came in a 115 gram shaft weight. That would be my end game shaft most likely. 

That being said, I am still curious about the performance of the 125x. unfortunately I do not have a fitter close by with that shaft in their cart, thus I cannot go and test. Though, based on everything I have heard, they to play quite a bit heavier, and are very stable. 

Score: 9.2/10 

Note: I have docked the score due to lack of additional shaft weights. They really need to add a 115 option us in between folks who just dont quite fit in the 105 or 125 range. That being said, this was a good enough fit for me that I didn't think twice about it. Maybe I was a 105 gram guy all along, the swing weight was just off on my previous set.. 

Let me know your thoughts! Thank you! 

Driver: TSR3 9 Degree W/ Tensai 1k White 6x 

Woods: TSR2 15 degree w/ Graphite Design AD DI 7X Tipped

Hybrids: G430 Max 3i & 4i w/ Ventus Blue 9x HB 

Irons: Miura CB-302 5-PW w/ Oban Ct-115x 

Wedges: Edel 5, 54, & 58 w/ Modus 115 Wedge shafts

Putter: Scotty Newport Super Select 2.5+ 

Thanks for the review - have any photos you care to share or post here?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thanks for the review - have any photos you care to share or post here?

Absolutely! I’ll share below 

Posted (edited)

Apologies for the bad quality! I would’ve given a better background for posting! 

IMG_5223.jpegIMG_5224.jpeg

IMG_5225.jpeg

Edited by Captwilks67