Your Brand Opinion: PXG Golf

PXG is my first introduction to modern golf technology. Let me explain.

3 years ago I decided to get back into golf (started in the late 80's as a junior) because after a divorce it seemed like the thing to do. I had been playing my Titleist DCI 962 irons, 975D driver, etc... So I wanted to go and get fitted for something that would be brand new. My local range was having a PXG fitting event. I knew nothing of the brand, had never seen any marketing about them and had never had a fitting before. 

The fitting was great. Did the full bag fitting and ended up purchasing 0311P Gen5 irons (4-W), Sugar Daddy II wedges (50, 56,60), 0311 Driver and 3 wood, 19 Hybrid and a putter. Overall I've really enjoyed my PXGs and here's my impressions:

• Fitting Experience: Since then I've done some other fittings and I can say that the PXG fitting was great and is still what I compare other fittings against. The customer service was great. My only gripe looking back is the driver I was fit into. I guess it made sense with the numbers I was putting up at that time but I was put into an X-Stiff shaft with a 7.5 degree head. As I've taken some lessons and have been practicing more this 7.5 is just way too little loft.
  • Woods: Overall good stuff. I like the driver I just wish I had a different loft. My 3 wood feels like a legit weapon for finding fairways and hitting from clean lies in the fairway. My hybrid is great and I find reasons to use it whenever I can. I'll often choke down on it or 3/4 swing it instead of using my 4 iron. 
  • Irons: Very very solid. Have felt great and are easy to hit. Only issue is sometimes they feel "hot" off the face at the worst times. When trying to take some off of a wedge or 9 iron sometimes it just feels like it goes further than expected. (this can of course be user error I'll admit it's just my perception) Really enjoy the look and feel of them.
  • Wedges: Probably my favorite clubs in the bag. Love the look and the feel off of the face. A lot of confidence using the bounce when needed and honestly just a joy to practice with and hit into greens. 10/10. 
  • Putter: Forgot which model I got but I never really clicked with it. Again, this is probably more a fact of I didn't know what I was doing with the fitting of a putter at the time and less about the quality of the product. I've since replaced it with a Jailbird min.

The set came with a stand bag I also immediately sold on FB marketplace. The camo aesthetic just isn't my thing. 

The company is great for customer service. If folks judge me for having them that's on them not me. They're vibe and marketing aren't my thing but again, doesn't bother me.  

Applying for a Visa to live in Tempo Town