Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Chase54- One To Watch In Ladies' Apparel For 2013

smhgolf

The Brand

Based in Atlanta, Chase54 is the newest lifestyle-focused brand that came on the scene strong at this years PGA Show. Created by golfers, for golfers, these guys have clearly thought through what elements are necessary in apparel for every golfer. Chase54 is also backed by a manufacturer with 30+ years of garment manufacturing experience, and over 400 million garments produced.

The biggest sell for Chase54 is not only that they offer great styling and superior fabrics in their products, but they are able to sell it to the consumer at an affordable price. They have a creative selling approach to their apparel, where starting in their Spring 2013 line, they have a full line of new apparel available for all retailers to stock, but have also introduced a "Functional" collection that is strictly to be stocked in pro shops and other green grass facilities.

The Products

The Custer Tee

The Custer Tee is made of a lightweight, but durable blend of 57% Polyester and 43% Cotton, which greatly minimizes any shrinkage when they are washed. Four tee shirt designs are shown below, including their "Save The Tatas" shirt which is currently available on their website. 100% of all proceeds from the sale of the shirt will go directly to the Save The Tatas Foundation.

I really like the versatility of these shirts. I was able to throw on whether it was to go run a few errands, or even to go workout at the gym. The fabric is also durable and won't lose its shape when you wear it or when its washed.

purpleshirtfront.JPG

purpleshirtback.JPG

blueshirtfront.JPG

blueshirtback.JPG

greenshirtfront.JPG

greenshirtback.JPG

pinkshirtfront.JPG

pinkshirtback.JPG

Score: 9/10

The Lincoln Pant

pantsfrontfullview.JPG

I can't say enough good things about this pant. These are perfect to throw on to go practice in whether its 65 degrees or 40 degrees. The material is a moisture wicking 100% poly twill which provides a structured fit, but still provides enough stretch so your legs won't feel sucked in. This material is wrinkle resistant, which means I can throw them in a suitcase and take them out when I reach my destination without the need for an iron!! (A Pro Golfer's Dream!) These also avoid shrinkage when washed. The waist sits mid-high hip for most women, and the leg is cut straight with more of a boot cut at the bottom. Those red stitched notches you see on the front left pocket (right in the photo) are actually designed as tee holders, making them easily accessible at all times during your round. I stand at 5 foot 4 inches (okay i'm really like 5' 3 1/2" but who's counting?) and the length was almost just right for me (approx 1/2 inch long).

pantsback.JPG

pantsbackpocket.JPG

What's great about the detailing on the pockets,both front and back, is the way the red really creates a slimming effect. Because they lay flat in the front and back, they don't show the appearance of being a pocket.

Score: 10/10

The Boone Skort

whiteskirtfront.JPG

redskirtfront.JPG

The White and Red Plaid skorts shown above are made of a full Polyester body, while the shorts lining is made of 85% Nylon and 15% Spandex. I have found that most women have two big struggles with skorts. One is length, and the other is finding a pair that won't have you tugging down your shorts liner constantly during your round. I have a more petite frame, so almost every name-brand Ladies' apparel lines make skorts that i'd have to hem. Most skorts are made at a length to where my knees are covered; this does nothing to help a petite frame look any taller! It's also a nightmare if a skort is a short enough length to where I bend over to mark my ball and show the gallery my ASSets (although, this might help grow a larger fan base on the LPGA & Symetra Tours). I have to give Chase54 a huge chest bump on making their skorts at a length where I can save the $$ to get them hemmed!! They list the inseam as 6", which sits a few inches above my knees. I still had to do the occasional adjustment to the shorts liner, but i can't say i've ever worn a skort where this wasn't a necessary task.

backlogo.JPG

redskirtback.JPG

redskirtfrontpocket.JPG

whiteskirtback.JPG

whiteskirtbuttons.JPG

whiteskirtpocket.JPG

The front left pocket features the same tee holder design as the Lincoln pant. One suggestion i'd make is to add a pocket or two in the back for holding a golf glove.

Score: 8/10

The Aluvia Skort

blueskirtfront.JPG

The Aluvia skort is designed with a slightly different construction than the Boone Skort. The Body feels closer to a denim structure than the microfiber feel of the Boone Skort and Lincoln Pant. The body is constructed of 97% Cotton and 3% Spandex, while the Lining provides the same level of softness as the Boone Skort with a blend of 80% Nylon and 20% Spandex. Although the fabric is slightly heavier in this skort than the Boone, I was still impressed with its comfortability. The length on the Aluvia is the same as the Boone Skort (double chest bump!)

blueskirtback.JPG

There are also no pockets on the back of this skort, however, the front pockets are designed like a pair of jeans, matching the denim-inspired structure of it's material. You can see the detailing on the front right pocket, which has a smaller jean's pocket with the Chase54 logo engraved (shown below).

blueskirtpocket.JPG

Score: 8/10

The Antietam Short

shortsfront.JPG

The Antietam Short will give you a great look at some of the innovative features Chase54 has brought to their apparel. The piping accents really give this short a great standout look. The body is made of the same 100% Polyester Twill as the Lincoln Pant. As you can see the front left pocket again has the tee holder here.

I am a huge fan of the color scheme in this short, as well as the piping accents. For my own personal taste, this about the least flattering length on a short I'd be able to wear. For about 80% of the women out there who have curves through the hips, this would not be the right cut for them.

shortspocket.JPG

One of the greatest features Chase54's has developed and incorporated into most of their bottoms, is a waterproof zipper pocket. This is the first design element I've come across where a Golf Apparel company actually thought to keep both the golfer AND the caddie in mind. The reasoning behind this feature was for golfers to keep their scorecards & pin sheets from getting destroyed in the rain, while caddies can utilize this pocket to hold a wet towel on the job without getting the rest of their bottoms damp. This feature actually appears THREE times in the Antietam Short. The first one shown is below the piping on the front. The second one is actually on the back of the short, and is hidden running perpendicular to the pocket underneath the right pocket. The final zipper is on the back, just below the belt line.

shortssidezipper.JPG

shortssidezipper2.JPG

I really think the length on this short will be a hard sell to most women, because most do have some shape through the hips. In the future, I hope Chase54 looks into making another shorts model designed to be friendlier on the hips for women.

Score: 7/10

Note: Ladies' Polos (Not Shown) are also available, and will be in for review early into the Spring season.

Value

Full retail price on all these items is listed below. While they may look high to most consumers, keep in mind this is the absolute highest you will see these prices.

Custer Tee: $29.90

Lincoln Pant: $89.90

Boone Skort: $79.90-$89.90

Aluvia Skort: $59.90

Antietam Short: $79.90

What really appealed to me about Chase54 was their out-of-the-box thinking as far as appealing not just golf retailers, but also developing their "Functional" collection exclusively for green grass facilities. With big-box stores and online golf retail cutting into green-grass facility sales in recent years, Chase54 has set their Functional Collection at a price point that both consumers and retailers will have a hard time saying no to buying or stocking their apparel. Ladies' apparel will not be offered in their Functional Collection for 2013, but that could quickly change in 2014 depending on the response they get with it this year.

Score: 21/25

Peanut Gallery

Most people that you'll talk to have only viewed Chase54 from what is currently on their website. For those that were able to attend their booth the PGA Show, you were able to see them in a very different picture. I'd expect that very shortly you'll begin to see a much larger stock of apparel on their website, as well as improved photo quality of their products.

For those I spoke with at the show who were able to visit the booth, the main feature of their products they were most impressed with was the quality of their fabric. As more of their Spring and Fall polos come in for review, I'll be able to show you a better demonstration of what this is all about.

Score: 22/25

Conclusion

The Chase54 website has barely scratched the surface with what is to come for them in 2013. The ladies' products reviewed offer a great introductory look at what quality and innovative features will be expanded on in the Chase54 Spring and Fall collections of 2013.

Two improvements i'd like to see them make with their ladies' collection would be adding back pockets to their skorts, and also offer an additional shorts length/style option than the Antietam.

I have a lot of optimism for Chase54 this year. Once consumers are able to see and look at the product in person, their fan base will quickly spread.

Total: 85/100

To check out the items reviewed in this article, as well as their men's collection, you can head to Chase54's Website

whiteskirtfrontlogo.JPG

shortsbackzipper.JPG

shortspocket2.JPG

Great write up Sarah. I was wondering why are they called Lincoln pants?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Great write up Sarah. I was wondering why are they called Lincoln pants?

Since the company is based in Atlanta, their products are all named after towns or areas in and surrounding the city

That was not even close to what I was thinking. Not even on my top 100 reasons of why those are called Lincoln pants. But I did see the movie Lincoln on Monday so my thinking was skewed. Thanks.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived