The Masters 2013

SPY ZINGER

First time since 1995 that its been assessed. And you can't tell me that Tiger, Kevin Na, and company don't play slower. They're going to address slow play this season... So lets try to prevent a kid from making history instead of penalizing one of these Multi-millionaires that are slower. They should've penalized the whole group.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read the thread form the beginning, but I saw the news where Guan was penalized?

I'm wondering if it's because the ref is a little racist or he is being a real dumb and old pig head?

From what I read from the news, this almost never happened and the last time it happened to was not in masters and was to a French Pro golfer.

This is just how I feel of course... but for christ sake, it's a 14 year old boy who is amazing enough to shoot in the single digit AT the Masters

and is the youngest to make the cut...

After checking, the penalty was applied correctly by the rules. They were put on the clock, when you're on the clock, you have 40 seconds to hit your shot upon arrival and it being your turn. He exceeded it, he was penalized rightfully so. If they kept pace with the group in front of them, time wouldn't be an issue. They didn't keep pace. Guan was part of that reason. He took at least 3-4 practice swings with a full preshot routine for each. He was the slowest in a slow group.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Erm right i think the Tiger situation might be of more interest now!

What's going on.....

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

If they don't DSQ Tiger then its going to make the tournament look very very silly. Might not always like the rules but we have to play by them, if he's signed for a score and gets penalised afterwards its a DSQ.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

If they don't DSQ Tiger then its going to make the tournament look very very silly. Might not always like the rules but we have to play by them, if he's signed for a score and gets penalised afterwards its a DSQ.

This. If you're going to be a stickler for the rules, modifying the penalty because of the manner in which the violation was reported stinks. And they look doubly stupid after nailing Guan to the wall yesterday.

I won't be one of them, but there are going to be eleventeen billion people out there ready to put an asterisk next to TW's Majors total if he wins this one now.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

Just made our (note I said our - because its all of our game) game look bloody silly - well done the officials. Assume in future that anyone caught by tv breaking a rule and signing for wrong score will be given the penalty and allowed to continue?

Or is this just a Tiger specific rule......I wonder if Tigers man enough to withdraw? I know I wouldn't be but he has got rather more money in the bank than me - could make him look almost Nicklaus esque if he did.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

While slow play is an issue in golf, it will truly be an injustice if the penalty stroke causes the 14 year old to miss the cut. Way to take a dump on the feel good story of the week...

Luckily it didn't, but seriously, don't **** with a 14 year old this way. He must have done something to really piss them off behind the scenes.

Luckily it didn't, but seriously, don't **** with a 14 year old this way. He must have done something to really piss them off behind the scenes.

Probably declined to bus a Member's table in the dining room.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

This is the rule that kept Tiger in the Masters; weak stuff as he was clearly aware of what he did even if it wasn't a penalty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iaincartergolf/status/323070485330001920/photo/1

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Brandel Chamblee said it would follow Tiger for the rest of his career. Thoughts?

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

1365861580[/url]' post='99796']

Probably declined to bus a Member's table in the dining room.

I'd had exactly the same image!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Brandel Chamblee said it would follow Tiger for the rest of his career. Thoughts?

It will be ammo for some and not a make-or-break issue for others, but I will say he's going to have to win more than nineteen Majors now to make a claim on the title of Most Ever.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

1365862419[/url]' post='99802']

I'm not being a dink here but what's wrong with Faldo? Is he sick? He can't string two logical words together right now. Did he say "massive brownie points?"

Haha! That's the quote of the day. I think all the hair dye has finally seeped into his brain.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

Okay several things that I wanted addressed were addressed.

1. Johnny Walker Green is always a good choice - I think it's the best value in the line.

2. The Penalty on the kid is the penalty on the kid. This is the same official who harrassed Harrington and Woods a few years back. He's consistent. Apparently golf is like baseball in that each official has his own interpretation of the rules and you have to cipher it out for yourself. It was a legitimate call within the rules of the game although one wishes that it was a rule that was applied evenly.

3. Speaking of applying a rule evenly when Tiger hit the ball in the water on 15 David Feherty was uncertain as to whether or not it was a red stake or yellow stake situation. He misapplied the rules himself which speaks to the rules not necessarily the player(s). They are too bleepn complicated for something that is supposed to have us play the ball as it lies on the course as it sits. How about you hit it in the water and you replay the shot or go to the drop area - always - case closed - problem solved. Hit it in the woods close to an OB - you go look for the ball and don't find it drop a ball in the woods at a place determined by you and your playing partners, 1 stroke, no provissional, no worries you proceed because the rule is the same for OB or lost ball and it doesn't include a hike back to the tee that holds the entire course or field up. I would point out that this is the second time in the last five years that a major championship has been impacted by a confussion about the rules. Something is amiss somewhere if that's happening in professional golf.

4. The rule that is allowing Tiger to continue in the tournament has been effect for a few years. It's not a Tiger rule. Once again he proves to be a lightening rod through no fault of his own. In this case he's a lightening rod because he had the misfortune of hitting a shot so straight that it hit the stick and went in the water. The announcers said they thought the shot was perfect. I don't think that was the case either, every ball that hit behind that stick went to the back of the green or beyond. It was going to be borderline, but still a relatively easy par even if it went off the back a bit, at any rate it was borderline that's why Tiger backed up to hit the next shot. He's not the only one to have that bad a break hurt him in a major. Hunter Mahan got totally screwed on 15 the final day at Shinecock - his would have end up right next to the pin and instead caroomed into shin high rough - birdie to bogey with only 3 holes left to play. Why I would remember that and TV announcers who do it for a living and have a research department to draw on is beyond me.

5. I absolutely love the coverage on the ESPN website. Had it on as background at work all day thursday and around the house yesterday during my day off. Unfortunately I'll miss most of today. I have a private baptism in a bit, premarital counselling after that and then a church service. I'm booked from noon until 7 today. I will see the entire final round tomorrow though. Looking forward to it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived