Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,451 signups
Equipment Type: Full Bag
Vendor: Cobra

Cobra Golf and MyGolfSpy Proudly Presents:

The Cobra Golf 50th Anniversary Member Special!

Cobra-50th-Logo.ai.jpg

In honor of Cobra Golf's 50th Anniversary the MyGolfSpy forum team is proud present a Member Special unlike any other!

We are looking for 6 (yes, six) testers to provide full bag (14 clubs, plus the bag!) reviews over the course of a six week team based competition.

SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_1_880x600px_Hero_Family-min_1000x.webp 

SS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section6-mobile-880x880-min_600x.jpgSS23_KING-Irons_PLP_Section1-HERO-Image-1000x600-min_1000x.webp  SS23_Ecom_Clubs_AJ_PLP_3_880x880_Irons-min_750x.webp

SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-1-min_750x.webp  SS23_Cobra_Snakebite_PLP_SidebySide_880x704-2-min_750x.jpg

FamilyBanner-3D-600x600px-mobile-min-2_535x.webp

Competitors will be put into two teams and put their new Cobra gear up to the test in several unique challenges which will focus on different aspects of the bag while also reviewing that club for forum members.  But fear not, even those of us not directly in the competition will have a chance to throw down and challenge out fearless competitors during weekly events for a chance to win swag too!

To top it off, the forum member with the best participation as voted on by the moderator team will be taking home a Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Aerojet Driver!  

TESTERS ANNOUNCED!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Follow the Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

408 Comments

I will always have a Cobra in the bag, in honor of Rich Gedman, a vietnam vet who first took me golfing back when my parents were splitting up and I was living with my grandparents and having a really rough time. RIP Rich, and thanks for introducing me to the game. 

I have a hard time believing anything at this point can outdo my g400 driver, but the aerojet is the only driver I’m interested in this year. As far as putters, I’m a lab convert, but even so, sometimes I miss the feel of a blade. Other than no torque, the DLT in the cobra putters is the number one technology i’m interested in right now, so that’s also a fit. 

I love my callaway cf-16’s, but i’m in the market for a new set. I had my heart set on Mizuno’s , but the mp225’s i fit into this year felt so hard/jarring off the face, I declined to purchase. I’d love to give the king tour a shot, and move into some graphite shafts on my irons. In the likely event I’m not chosen for this testing, I’ll probably get fit for some T100’s, though, if Cobra made outdoor fittings as easy to get as Titleist does, the King Tours would definitely be in the mix for me. Also, I hear cobra makes a great wedge. 

I’ve had some health problems in the last year that have kept me mostly away from the course, but, i’ve worked my way back up to my goal of 3 hours of continuous walking, so this week i’m going to substitute 1 round of golf for one of my walks. I would not mind having extra incentive to play twice a week, at all, AT ALL! 

Congrats to those chosen, let’s make it a great kickoff to this summer.

6541029B-FECE-46A7-B2B5-48CBE0C55562.jpeg

BF6C6D91-AE01-4CDA-A8E3-104FA30634F8.jpeg

God I want to sign up for this so bad! I know I’ve got what they’re looking for regarding on course and practice time but in all the trials I’ve been going through to get a bag of fit clubs, the cobra’s just never clicked performance-wise. Some might disagree but I did always like the looks of the cobras I tried though. 

good luck to every that signs up!

17 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well I play 5 days a week so that should work. I still think the Cobra Fly Z driver should be in the Golf Equipment Hall Of Fame and as many know I have been a huge fan of Cobra irons playing the MIM Tours for the last 2.5 years. I don't apply for testing often but this one is pretty special! 

If we both get selected I want you on my team!

I'm thrilled these are available for testing. I played 90 rounds of golf last year, so they will get plenty of play and a complete and honest review. Look at my PXG ball review for a sampling of what I can offer.  Thanks as always MGS. 

25 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Well I play 5 days a week so that should work. I still think the Cobra Fly Z driver should be in the Golf Equipment Hall Of Fame and as many know I have been a huge fan of Cobra irons playing the MIM Tours for the last 2.5 years. I don't apply for testing often but this one is pretty special! 

If you and I happen to get selected @chisag, will you carry me and my high handicap to the championship podium? 🤣

42 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

CCC4 banter was off the rails and soooo much added fun to this now highly popular test/event.  Bryan was pretty proud of his rotatiamaximus until "the kid" showed him up. 😆

1.  I am still damn proud of how much I was able to rotate! 

2.  I still hurt from how much I was able to rotate! 🤣

I'm not a diehard fan of Cobra Golf, but I did come very close to buying the speedzone white and even closer to buying the LTDx red white and blue. And since I work at my local course and can play unlimited golf for free, I thought it would be worth a shot to sign up. Good luck to the winners.

Sign me up!!!!  Long time Cobra fan,  so underrated.  Ive been playing their equipment since I started in 1997.  Those putters really sparked some interest in me last year when MGS showed them off 

I want so say thank you to Cobra and MyGolfSpy for bringing back what has been the highlight of several of my summers. This test, review, and challenge is like nothing else on this forum. For any of the newer members I just want to say "hold on to your hats, this is going to be a fun ride".

I have a feeling we're going to have a great group of testers and tons of things to talk about. I believe that anyone that is skeptical about how good Cobra is as a golf brand is going to be shocked by how good they are. 

The countdown was brilliant! You guys had me checking my phone while on the line. Fortunately, we had a little downtime around that time. 

Good luck to everyone!

Hope to see a review of the Forged Tec X from one of the participants as I don't think I've ever seen irons branded as Players Game Improvement before. Having switched from Game Improvement to Players irons in the last few years there are definitely things I love about my players irons and some things I miss about the game improvement. Seems like this could be a unique spot in the market for lower mid-handicaps like myself who can show up and hit all their numbers one day then go out the next day and need all the forgiveness in the world lol. Interested to see how the black finish holds up as well

How cool to test a full set of clubs and see how they perform against your current set.  Look forward to being one of the lucky 6 participants.  I currently play an average of 3-4 times per week.

23 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I must say, the MGS Cobra Challenge has been one of my most exciting golf endeavors ever. I have participated in the past, think it was 2018 with the Cobra King F8’s. It will be a hoot to compete this year.

That was a good one and I believe the first one where I participated in the banter and followed along. You guys did such a great job I bought a set of the irons. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.