Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Speeder 757 lover --- What shaft in the SuperTri

Specs

Title says it. I have had a 757 for going on 10 years. I have hit it in 5 different heads over that time. It just feels great and goes straight and long. I'm getting ready to buy a SuperTri TP and want to determine which shaft to get in it. I'm going to find or special order so stick to the "stock" options.. no upcharge. I'm a 2 HC, SS 118 with a short but smooth transition. Want 70 gram low spin. Very interested in the RIP but not sure if they will do it in a SuperTri not just the SuperDeep??

Thanks in advance

KWheels 

Really hoping for some help. I'll simplify. :D If you played the 757 for years and loved the feel and performance, what shaft would you compare it too? Motore 75, Fubuki 73, RIP?

KWheels 

I hope that you get a chance to test a few options before you pull the trigger, but I would try to get the R.I.P. Or put your 757 in the SuperTri... Motore and Fubuki have a much different feel than 757. I have only hit about 20 shots with the R.I.P. but it really reminded me of 757. Don't take my word for it though.... test for yourself.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Thank you sir, I will definitely try them out. I haven't seen a RIP in the SuperTri just the SuperDeep. TM website isn't that great about explaining the shaft options, etc. Titleist and others do that much better. The 757 has been in a lot of heads, regardless of what I order it will no doubt end up sleeved up for the TM.. :)

KWheels 

You should be able to take the RIP shaft from a superdeep and put it in a supertri to test. Just a thought.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

try whatever shafts that you can... you can most likely try the RIP shaft in the SuperTRI and see how you like it...

Just be prepared for the upcharge if you go with the RIP and the SuperTRI head...

Happy Hunting!

"Hey Ace... You got any more of that gum?" "That's none of your damn business and I'll thank you for staying out of my personal affairs." - Ace Ventura Pet Detective

I got a supertri a few weeks ago and it came with the Motore Sflex 60g, I wanted a heavier shaft and I went with the Fubuki 73 Xflex and I absolutely love it very smooth and great distance and ball flight. Like a few people have said I think the best thing is to try a few different ones and get the one that fits you. I am by no means one that switches clubs very often and do not know all of the specs like most people I just hit it and if it feels good that's what I use and the Fubuki 73 felt really good and it performs.

EB

• 1 month later...

Archived