Glove Love  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you use your golf glove(s) ???

• Glove ON until I putt...even between shots
    • Glove ON until I hit a shot and then I take it off between shots
    • Gloves? Who wears gloves?
    • Two gloves all the time
    • Two gloves until I putt
    • Glove ON all the time ... even when putting
    • Glove OFF when chipping/pitching

Our Sponsors

Mine typically never comes off until I'm putting. I'll sometimes loosen it up when I'm walking between holes and it's hot, but other than that it stays on.

This pretty much sums up my glove situation as well. Except for the walking part, way too hot in Hawaii for that business.

• Like 2

I only put my glove on right before I hit my shot. And of I'm under 100 yards no glove at all. I can practice these shots in my yard and when I practice I don't use a glove so I try to keep it consistent.

Sent from my LG-H820 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Driver and long irons/mid irons.... if I remember to put it on. 8 Iron on down is gloveless.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I hadn't worn a glove in years until I went to Florida a couple of years ago; much higher humidity than we get here.  However, this year in the early morning the humidity is pretty high after irrigation runs all night and the sun beats down on the course.  So I started wearing a glove the last few weeks.  

I will always take it off for all short shots around the green, but putting it back on has not yet become second nature.  I'm standing on the tee with driver in hand, and then think... Oh yeah, put the glove on.   :blush:

• Like 1

Mine goes on on the 1st tee box and only comes off If i have to pee or stop at the clubhouse on the turn.. I will usually adjust it once or twice a side.. 

Yeah I'm the only guy who leaves it on all round.. 

• Like 3

Big shout out to Reesedw! I thought I was the only one that puts it on at 1 and takes it off for bathroom break and just readjust accordingly

• Like 2

Glove on at the tee box then....

Par 3 - hit green - off

Par 4 - approach hits green - off

Par 5 - approach hits green - off

Chipping, pitching - glove on

Putting -  never use glove

• Like 1

I leave my glove on up until I get my putter out. I'll un-velcro it between shots, but it only comes off (and goes in my back pocket) whenever I putt

I do the same as camcmart

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Normally all the time until putting, but it has been so hot and humid lately I cannot leave the glove on all the time, it's too sweaty, and gets soaked too quickly if I leave it on, so lately I've been taking it off between shots. There are also times that I leave the glove on all the time including while putting.

• Like 1

I re-grip myself and often,have tons of extra grips at home. I live to experiment or try out new ones. I'm OCD about keeping my grip clean and tacky. I have very light grip so it makes almost no difference whether I use the glove or not.

I like using glove for the act of taking it off and putting it on. It's like a trigger. It works well on the tee box, standing behind the ball and putting on the glove while focusing on my target.

• Like 1

Mine goes on on the 1st tee box and only comes off If i have to pee or stop at the clubhouse on the turn.. I will usually adjust it once or twice a side..

Yeah I'm the only guy who leaves it on all round..

If I'm playing a "just for fun game" I never take mine off. If I'm playing a serious game (tournament or for money) I only take it off to putt. Although I've noticed it makes little to no difference in my putting.

• Like 1

Unless it's hot enough my hands are sweating or I'm playing in a serious qualifier, I don't wear one. I bought a 6-pack of Mizuno Pros for $30 shipped on eBay last Fall and I am still using the first one.

Am I the only one that keeps disposable nitrile gloves in the bag for wet conditions? They are cheap, lightweight, hand interchangeable, give great feedback and never slip in the rain. I highly recommend everyone carry a few.

• Like 2

Unless it's hot enough my hands are sweating or I'm playing in a serious qualifier, I don't wear one. I bought a 6-pack of Mizuno Pros for $30 shipped on eBay last Fall and I am still using the first one.

Am I the only one that keeps disposable nitrile gloves in the bag for wet conditions? They are cheap, lightweight, hand interchangeable, give great feedback and never slip in the rain. I highly recommend everyone carry a few.

really?  Like the ones that are used in operating rooms?  I'd never ever thought of that.  

Never would of thought of this. You may have just started a new trend

Never heard of anyone doing this, I may have to slip a few of these in my bag. I don't play in the rain that often, but when I do they can hopefully be clutch.

• Like 1

I would be in the no glove group, I haven't worn a glove in probably 20 years or so.  I just feels right  :D

• Like 1

really? Like the ones that are used in operating rooms? I'd never ever thought of that.

Yep, I carry black ones for the intimidation factor. Makes me feel like a tattoo artist / cat burglar.

Never would of thought of this. You may have just started a new trend

One of my favorite things about MGS. I have learned all sorts of neat tips/tricks from my fellow Spies.

Never heard of anyone doing this, I may have to slip a few of these in my bag. I don't play in the rain that often, but when I do they can hopefully be clutch.

You may have prune hands at the end of the round but for me a sure grip in the rain is totally worth it.

• Like 3