Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Who do you prefer to play with?

robertson153

I like playing with 2 people, SilentP on here and my dad. Dad, I just enjoy the father son time. SilentP and I know how to play together. We are about the same skill (6 rounds this summer, Im up 3 strokes total and we are tied for rounds won, with 2 exact ties) and play well together. We both know when the other is frustrated and can calm each other down after a few bad shots. Just always an enjoyable round out on the course, I've turned several bad starts in to quality rounds. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I prefer playing with my wife and my friends. If I'm paired with someone I don't know I hope they are better than me, that usually brings out the best in my game. But most importantly I hope they are not slow.

Sent from my HTC 10 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speedzone Xtreme 11.5*

Bio Cell+ 18.5*

G10 24*

Srixon U85 26*

Mizuno MP-32 6-PW

Vokey SM6  52* and 58*

Scotty Cameron Select GoLo 

Taylormade TP5x

I'm on Instagram as @sharpened_development_llc

I like to play with people who are better than I am. It really pushes me to focus more and I can pick up tips from them as I go. That being said though it doesn't matter who I play with as long as they don't take forever

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'll play with anyone. I just have one rule if it's the first time we are playing I'm not betting. Other than that I am pretty open. I smoke a cigar from time to time but only when walking so that may annoy some people.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always ask if I'm paired with someone new, no one has ever said not to but still that gesture goes a long way to start a round! 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I don't usually care who I play with. While I enjoy being able to beat some of my friends, I also love the insight that my better golfing friends have. There's only one friend I DON'T enjoy playing with and that's because he's not good and then gets pissed and quits less than halfway through the round. I play to have fun, not to win

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Better. Always better if I have the choice. Even if I can't keep up, I'm usually able to learn from them.

A few years back I ended up in a group with some "+" handicap players in our local amateur tournament and it was absolutely eye opening watching them work their way around the course. I learned new lines I could attack, different putting philosophy, and creative types of short game shots. All by simply observing.

That being said, I tend to shoot some of my better rounds when I go out with someone that's way worse than me. It's like I've gotta show off or something.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

When I played a lot I played with better players as much as I could.

They were quiet and focused and I learned that from them. To keep up with them I had to get better myself and I did. It showed me focus for 18 holes and I got better. The silence from the group suited me then and a quiet snippet of advice from the guys who knew how on the back of the tee was how it was done. If you were serious and came back for more they would help you is what I found time after time.

Since coming back from my long layoff from injury I play with a few regular's or a guy or two who will call now and I dont really enjoy it anymore for the most part. People giving swing "tips" or asking about them to tell you otherwise and the rest, or really just cheating when it suits them doesnt work for me. A foot wedge, a mulligan after the fact, and god knows what else is fine if its understood before the round starts but being out there and then throwing them in to talk about the 83 you just shot.... as if. A stranger ham and egging it is doesnt bother me as long as they keep up but the stuff from your "buds"? I kid you not I am about to become the lone wolf again like I was in my youth and see who comes along to play with. Of the people I play with very few get it. The old guys are hard headed mulligan mules or worse and the younger guys yack yack yack and bump balls all over the place too. And thats fine for them but shooting an 87 and turning it into an 83 to post isnt my thing. And ide rather not know about it and then have to re-play 'the 83' with them to tell the truth.

Can you tell I played today? My 84 and 5 Advil lost by one from the blues. As if!

Luckily the back seems to want to hang in there and the yardage Im finding again is getting consistent and it has always been to play or just not for a long time. Because 8 years lost and 5 more years trying to find it again I have no time to just suck at it or take it for granted let alone any of the other stuff. So its time for the old guy on his own working on his swing just like it was when I was the young guy alone doing the same. Then I had 18 all to myself and a club is in order for that now too. Im way to old now with no time to waste for suffering fools or to yuck it up with a foot wedge for fun every time out. We can do that but I always wanted to be better at it than that.

So its up to me, again. And better players were the way forward....

I'll play with either end of the spectrum so long as we can get along. I've met great and not so great fellas on both ends, I'm sure it's the same with everybody.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I'm not picky at all.  My game doesn't really change that much regardless of who I am playing with.  I do, however, play much better with people I know than I do with strangers.  If I'm playing with strangers, sometimes it takes 4-5 holes before I really start feeling comfortable. 

In my bag:

Callaway Epic Subzero with Aldila Rogue Max 75 Stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue Subzero with Project X Evenflow 6.0 75g stiff shaft

Callaway Rogue 3 Hybrid with Aldila Synergy 60 HYB stiff shaft

Callaway Apex irons (4-PW) with True Temper XP 95 stiff shafts

Callaway MD3 wedges (50/54/58)

SeeMore Original FGP

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Archived