Shoe Ho's Anonymous

PING Apologist #9

Nope, I checked and the nearest was in Atlanta.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Darn - that's too far for me as well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

Darn - that's too far for me as well

Guess we’ll have to just keep buying.....

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).
  • Love 1

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2019 at 7:16 PM, mr.hicksta said:

There are some impressive shoe collections in this thread! I currently have three pairs of Tour360 Boost 2.0s and as of late I've been sniffing some Tour360 XT-SLs. I found them for $149.99 on eBay, but I'm planning on holding out for now to see if the price comes down more. I've been skeptical about going spikeless as well, but seeing how the Tour360 XT line was Most Wanted I'm inclined to give them a shot!

I have both the Tour 360 Boost 2 and XT-SLs.  They are both great.  Don't hesitate to get the spikeless.  One thing I've noticed is that the sides of the shoe rise higher on the Boost 2.  They dig into my ankle a bit.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus driver, G410 3 wood
:callaway-small:XR 4, 5 hybrids
:titelist-small: 716 AP1 6-GW irons
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy CB 56, 60 wedges
:odyssey-small: Two-Ball Ten Tour Lined

• 6 months later...

Just got an email that they won’t be making these anymore... once they’re gone, they’re gone. If you’re a veteran you can use Coupon Code: TLmilitary15
IMG_4297.JPG

• Like 1
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

Just got an email that they won’t be making these anymore... once they’re gone, they’re gone. If you’re a veteran you can use Coupon Code: TLmilitary15
IMG_4297.thumb.JPG.68e865c3f1a8bfdf22ddb3eabfddfc7c.JPG

Hopefully a version 2 is coming out. My wife showed me these the other day and said “you need a few pair of these”.... she’s never said that about golf shoes ever.

Golf shoes are hideous in general, these aren’t bad at all.
  • Like 2

Hopefully a version 2 is coming out. My wife showed me these the other day and said “you need a few pair of these”.... she’s never said that about golf shoes ever.

Golf shoes are hideous in general, these aren’t bad at all.

I bought those exact ones in white last summer and wore them as regular shoes. Super comfy and really good looking.
  • Like 3
  • TaylorMade SIM2 8* Mitsubishi Tensei 1K White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Vokey SM8 50 Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

I bought those exact ones in white last summer and wore them as regular shoes. Super comfy and really good looking.

How have they held up? Mesh worries me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

How have they held up? Mesh worries me.

The only thing that had me worried was where the front gum edge meets the mesh toe. So far, no issues. Durability hasn’t been an issue at all.

I love that despite being a light and soft mesh shoe, they’re super stable and easily the lightest thing I’ve ever worn on the course.
  • Like 2
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

The only thing that had me worried was where the front gum edge meets the mesh toe. So far, no issues. Durability hasn’t been an issue at all.

I love that despite being a light and soft mesh shoe, they’re super stable and easily the lightest thing I’ve ever worn on the course.

I haven’t even tried-on a True shoe since they launched, so do these have that feeling of the balls of the feet being higher than the heels?

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

I have the worst feet - a wide forefoot and narrow heel - so it is hard to find shoes that don't cause pain.

Remember the first True shoes? They looked liked clown shoes. Those were perfect...as comfortable a golf shoe that I ever wore. But woo boy were they unattractive! Found some extra wide FJs that replaced them but the name True brings back some memories. 😃

• Like 4

I got something to say then I'm gonna say it. 

I haven’t even tried-on a True shoe since they launched, so do these have that feeling of the balls of the feet being higher than the heels?

The best way to describe it is that they feel like a Reef flip flop.
  • Like 2
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

I went ahead and purchase a pair of the stone grey knits, so I'll give my thoughts once they arrive, but on their website they have a shoe comparison chart (see below).  I also have a pair of the Originals, which do make you feel like your toes are higher than your heals, but it hasn't seemed to affect my swing so I don't mind, and they are very comfortable.

TRUE Shoe Comparison Chart
  Knit TL-01 Original OG Premium Major
OUTSOLE TRACTION SPIKELESS SPIKELESS SPIKELESS SPIKELESS SPIKELESS
WATERPROOF GUARANTEE NOT WATERPROOF WATER RESISTANT 2 YEAR 2 YEAR 2 YEAR
TOE-BOX WIDTH WIDER(REGULAR UP TO E/2E) WIDE(REGULAR UP TO E) EXTRA WIDE(REGULAR UP TO 2E/3E) EXTRA WIDE(REGULAR UP TO 2E/3E) WIDE(REGULAR UP TO E)
HEEL-TO-TOE DROP TRANSITIONAL DROP(4 - 6 MM) ZERO DROP(0 MM) ZERO DROP(0 MM) ZERO DROP(0 MM) TRANSITIONAL DROP(4 - 6 MM)
PLATFORM CUSHION MEDIUM(EVA CUSHION) MEDIUM(EVA CUSHION) MINIMAL(NO MIDSOLE) MINIMAL(NO MIDSOLE) MEDIUM(EVA CUSHION)
INSOLE THICKNESS EXTRA CUSHY(6MM PREMIUM PU) CUSHIONED(6MM EVA FOAM) MINIMAL(4MM EVA FOAM) EXTRA CUSHY(6MM PREMIUM PU) EXTRA CUSHY(6MM PREMIUM PU)
SOLE THICKNESS 12.5MM(8MM SOLE/MIDSOLE + 4MM TREAD) 7.5MM(2.5MM SOLE/MIDSOLE + 5MM TREAD) 7.5MM(2.5MM SOLE/MIDSOLE + 5MM TREAD) 7.5MM(2.5MM SOLE/MIDSOLE + 5MM TREAD) 12.5MM(8MM SOLE/MIDSOLE + 4MM TREAD)
FEEL THE COURSE MAXIMUM FEEL MAXIMUM FEEL MAXIMUM FEEL MAXIMUM FEEL MEDIUM FEEL
FLEXIBILITY VERY FLEXIBLE FLEXIBLE VERY FLEXIBLE VERY FLEXIBLE FLEXIBLE
STABILITY / STRUCTURE LOW - MEDIUM MEDIUM MEDIUM MEDIUM MEDIUM - HIGH
WEIGHT(SINGLE, SIZE 9 SHOE W/ INSOLE) 9.4 OZ 8.7 OZ 12.1 OZ 12.9 OZ 13.4 OZ
  • Like 2
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

• 3 weeks later...

I recently added these 2 pairs:
IMG_4357.JPGIMG_4358.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2020 at 5:54 AM, PMookie said:

Did you ever get to try any of the other True shoes?  The only ones that have the feeling of your toes being higher than your heels, are the Original styles...OG Feel, OG Premium, Original, and Original 1.2.  All the rest of their styles are like regular shoes.  I have a pair of the Original (special edition), OG Feel, Knit, and 2-pairs of the Knit II.  I love them all, but the Original can make my feet hot in the summer, so I usually just use those in the cooler months.  The OG Feel are white, and hard to keep clean in the desert. 

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up some of the new Cole Haans. Very comfortable and pretty solid grip for a on/off course shoe.

image.png.f4ac8df5c14727cdddf40693a387b3db.png

:callaway-small: Big Bertha B21 10.5* w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70/6.5

:ping-small: G410 SFT 16* 3-wood w/ Ping Alta CB S

:srixon-small: z585 2i, 4-AW w/ Modus3 120x

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56.12 & 60.10 w/ Modus3 125w

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #1WS w/ Stroke Lab @ 33"

:srixon-small: Z-Star

https://mygolfspy.com/getting-it-right-adidas-golf-shoes/

Kind of in response to the above post and I'm in need of help with this addiction. Although have to say they are all great shoes, comfy and work.

I like to mix and match my shoes with what I'm wearing and to fit with my mood for the day 😃.

Oh just noticed there is an all black pair of Codechaos missing - now where have they gone. Too many shoes and not even counting my couple of pairs of Footjoy.

Adidas 1.jpg

Adidas 2.jpg

:tour-edge: C721 9.5 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX
:tour-edge: CBX119 15 Fujikura Pro 2.0
:tour-edge: CBX119 18 Project X Hzrdus Black
:tour-edge:EXS220 22 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black
:tour-edge: EXS Pro Forged 5-PW True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 50/SS True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 54/Eye 2 True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:ping-small: Glide 3.0 58/Eye 2 True Temper Elevate Tour VSS Pro Stiff
:EVNROLL: ER1 (Blackout) with Gravity Grip
:titelist-small: Pro V1x