Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Best. Round. Ever...

Sluggo42

Not my best score tho, but best ball striking ever. Shot a -1 70, 37/33. 4 birds, 3 bogies. And it was a bit windy too. One of the things that I think was helpful was choking up another inch on ALL clubs. Squaring up on driver and hitting the inside of the back of the ball. Stoopid long cuz I was nailing them all right in the sweet spot.

iron play and the wedges were tight. I started using a shorter backswing, and a slight inside out 3/4 swing that was again, right in the sweet spot. I tried it after watching a lot of the pros hitting it that way this last weekend. A little draw every time, and fairly easy to predict.

putting was decent, but I could have really gone low if I could have dropped a few that were so close. So, needless to say, I enjoyed the day, but the trick will be to see if I can keep that same swing going tomorrow with similar results.

Have you had a great day lately?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Best score ever has been shot 3 times .... 73.  Just can't seem to shoot par.  Most recent 73 was last summer, shooting 37/36 and that I would count as my best round ever.  It was a very smooth round, nothing fancy, just solid par golf.  I believe I had 3 bogeys and 2 birdies.

Edit:  I take that best round ever back.  I played Bandon Dunes (Pacific Dunes) about 14 years ago.  As always, it's windy there and it was somewhat cold (we had to cancel the next day when it started sleeting).  My caddy was a mini-tour player during the season and knew this particular course very well.  He told me where to hit it, clubbed me, and read my putts.  I shot a 78.  Sadly, my winnings didn't even begin to cover the caddie's tip.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Good deal.  It's fun when you come away excited to get back, isn't it?  My last round left me optimistic because I didn't do as much stupid stuff and basically stayed out of trouble.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

My best ever round was a 36-34-70 for a -2. Oddly enough, that didn't feel like the best round ever. I just played consistently, got up and down, and didn't do stupid $hit. I think that really speaks to how we need to play. If I can shoot 2 under, with what doesn't feel like my best stuff, I just need to focus on playing smart, and picking my spots. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My best round is 75 on a 6500 yard par 72. I literally hit a years worth of putts in that one round. Ironically I 3 jacked 18 after being on the fringe in 2 of the par 5. It was more like a 4 putt. Coulda woulda shoulda.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

A 74 on a 7000 yard par 70 with punched and sanded greens. Only 1 birdie because you couldn't putt.

I shot a 71, -1 once but the course was burnt out as all hell and I was driving short par 4s and hitting 8i or less into the par 5s.

Sent from my SM-G935P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

I've shot 73 (+1)at my course twice; most recently was 2 years ago.

While on a business trip to Phoenix, I played the Palmer course at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Wildfire GC with 3 buddies.  Shot 69; only time under par on a regulation course.

Before joining my current muni, I played a 9-hole par 35 executive course in town for 18 years; 2 par 3's, 6 par 4's, and 1 par 5.  I was playing with the pro and two other single digit players; shot 31 which was the course record that stood for 7 years until a high school senior headed to the University of Oregon shot 27.  Dang kid!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

65 9 birdies 2 bogeys, not my best ball striking round but my best score. 

Best ball striking round I shot 66. 9 birdies 1 bogey and a 6X. Never missed a shot except for the 6th tee where I hit two balls off the same roof of a house. 🤦‍♂️

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

74 is my lowest. I’ve shot 76 a few times since, but never lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Archived