perseveringgolfer

Yes C Groove Tracy II Putter- anyone used one?

Read a lot and it looks a really nice putter with a slant neck. The 'C' grooves seem to work well apparently. Obviously not made anymore but anyone got one, or used one? Pro's and cons would help before I source one over here.

I have the OG Tracy and it's been in the bag since 2007. I keep wanting to replace it with an EvenRoll but it really hasn't given me a reason to kick it out of the bag after 12 years.

• Like 2

I've got a Yes Stephanie and it's a very good putter. I added some weight to it because I like a heavier stick, but it rolls the ball quite nicely.

• Like 3

Found one on evilbay so taking the chance based on all the reports - time will tell🙄😂

• Like 2

Found one on evilbay so taking the chance based on all the reports - time will tell

Another putter?
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Another putter? emoji1787.png

3rd one in 5 years- cant be as bad as some

3rd one in 5 years- cant be as bad as some

I thought that you have been changing more frequently o try and solve you putting issues. Not many changes at all; my bad.

19 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I thought that you have been changing more frequently o try and solve you putting issues. Not many changes at all; my bad.

went to an old ping anser 2 I had, then back to my old Spider, then the Tommy Arnott and now this. Technically it's only the 2nd putter I've bought in 5 years, the other 2 I already had. I do talk putters a lot so it does feel like I've had loads 😂😂😂

• Like 3

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

went to an old ping anser 2 I had, then back to my old Spider, then the Tommy Arnott and now this. Technically it's only the 2nd putter I've bought in 5 years, the other 2 I already had. I do talk putters a lot so it does feel like I've had loads 😂😂😂

Next up...left handed?? 😆

59 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Next up...left handed?? 😆

Tried that- even worse!

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always had!

No harm in experimenting till I find the right magic wand combo! average 36 putts a round just wont cut it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

average 36 putts a round just wont cut it!

If I hit 18 greens,  I would take a 36 putt average every day.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cnosil said:

If I hit 18 greens,  I would take a 36 putt average every day.  

ahh but would you?😉

ahh but would you?

I really would. It would be much better golf than I am playing now and I wouldn’t have to deal with my short game screw ups.

But like most golfers once you achieve a level of play, you always want to do better. And if I was hitting every green I would want to make more putts. For now I can say I would be happy, I’ll let you know if that changes when I actually get there
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's arrived and I managed to get to the practice putting green for 15 mins this afternoon.

Unbelievably I holed the first 3 putts in a row, and all were over 20 feet! "WTF is going on here" I thought😮

It's heavier than I've ever played, the ball just rolls off the sweetspot, putts I thought were going to be short (they were with the spider insert) just rolled out beautifully. Maybe theres a lot in this 'C' groove technology.

Continued to hole about 1 in four putts over 25 feet, all different pins around the green.

Very pleased with this purchase and for about $80 I'm hoping it earns me some cash, or at the very least cuts down the average 36 putts a round. 

Comp on Saturday so lets see how it behaves under pressure 😜

• Like 4

It was a joy using this today- actually had confidence over every putt that I might hole it. Had 34 putts down to some silly mistakes but overall this is a great putter and really suits my eye and stroke. Best £50 I've spent on golf kit

• Like 2

STILL loving this putter- birdied 3 of the first 5 holes today holing putts all over 20 feet. NO, repeat NO 3 putts.

I'm now worrying when will the honeymoon period end? they always end don't they🙄

• Like 2

73 today and putter performed very well, either lagged to a foot or holed from 10 feet for pars or birdie. Confidence is high with this club after years of playing the wrong type of putter for my stroke.

Famous last words, but this might be a keeper 😜

• Like 1