Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

How do I get maximum value on trade-ins?

So I have a King Cobra F9 Tour 3W with a Orange Tensei in it. Let’s say I want to be in the market for a new 3W. The trade in value on that 3W is not very high, but obviously the shaft is $250.  Be kind of stupid to trade in the club for $100.  Any idea what is to be done in situations like this? Similarly I bought a G410 with a GD AD BB put in it for quite the upcharge, when it comes time to get a new driver I’d like to be able to get the proper amount of value for the shaft. Hope this makes sense and thank you for any assistance 

• Guests
Guest Delete

Sell it yourself on eBay. You can sell it complete or pull the shaft and sell them separately. When you search on eBay you can filter for sold listings (two links below) to see what people have been paying. I saw one where someone paid  $202 for your club with a tensei orange shaft. 

Cobra f9 tour fairway wood sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cobra+f9+tour+fairway+wood&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Just the shaft sold listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tensei+orange+fairway&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xtensei+orange+fairway.TRS0&_osacat=0&_odkw=cobra+f9+tour+fairway+wood&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1 

So I have a King Cobra F9 Tour 3W with a Orange Tensei in it. Let’s say I want to be in the market for a new 3W. The trade in value on that 3W is not very high, but obviously the shaft is $250.  Be kind of stupid to trade in the club for $100.  Any idea what is to be done in situations like this? Similarly I bought a G410 with a GD AD BB put in it for quite the upcharge, when it comes time to get a new driver I’d like to be able to get the proper amount of value for the shaft. Hope this makes sense and thank you for any assistance 

I would also say to sell it outright yourself. You can sell it for what you want. Dealers will always give you just enough so they can make a couple dollars on it down the road. That is my opinion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, what ^^those two guys^^ said ... trade-ins do not give any extra credit for upgraded shafts, it's simply the "book value" (PGA Value Guide +/- a few $).

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Personally, I would keep the shaft and buy a replacement head of your choice. I have done that recently on both my driver and 3 wood. You should be able to sell the old head for something if it's in decent shape. I also agree with the others, selling out right is better than trading.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

3 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Yeah, what ^^those two guys^^ said ... trade-ins do not give any extra credit for upgraded shafts, it's simply the "book value" (PGA Value Guide +/- a few $).

You’ll get more selling it yourself IF you can find someone else who wants exactly the combination you’re offering - may be difficult to get more than a stock F9 3W. I doubt custom fitted clubs bring much if any more than stock. I’d guess anyone who’d know enough to buy a head with an aftermarket shaft would just go get fit for themselves. Good luck finding that guy...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I buy and sell a LOT of golf stuff on ebay mostly.

I buy heads, shafts, and clubs, I might buy a club because I want the shaft. High dollar shafts would be sold for higher prices here or other golf forums where the folks understand what they're buying. Higher cost shafts seldom bring much premium on Ebay unless they are highly desired with low supply.

Components will generally bring a better overall price than whole club but may take longer to sell as shafts can be difficult alone unless highly desired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

You can always go to “Play it Again Sports” and sell it on consignment.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

14 hours ago, fozcycle said:

You can always go to “Play it Again Sports” and sell it on consignment.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Honestly, I would never do that. The type of person who is going to be buying a driver with an expensive exotic shaft is never going to step foot into a play-it-again sports to find it. In the meantime, the club is going to get beat to hell in their store.

Like a lot of people said, sell it on eBay. Click completed items and sold items so you know what similar stuff sold for. I’ve had a lot of luck selling things that way. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter