Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Swoosh Drill

I've decided to add another item to my 2021 Golf List; increasing or at least maintaining swing speed.  I was just looking at some articles on the subject and this video was embedded.  Now having watched it a half dozen times - you know, just to be sure I grasp the concept and details - it looks like a good one.  It's also a drill that you can do as part of pre round warm-up.  I'm definitely hearing the "whoosh" using my normal swing motion, but how fast is the "whoosh"?

I just tried using my SwingCaddie SC200 to see if it will register swing speed.  It is showing ss but I don't know how accurate it is?  I think only the SC200 Plus and SC300 models provide accurate ss without actually hitting a ball? Anyone used the SC200 in this manner?  Perhaps it best to do the inverted club drill to help with the wrist cock and release, then just work with the club held normal and either swing through the air or hitting balls?  Anyway, keeping that "wrist cock" and release at impact is important.  I suspect I fail to do this consistently.

Also embedded was this Mark Crossfield tip with regard to position of club in left hand.  This is not something I think of often and may indeed be falling for the "default" , too high up the palm position many tend to use.  How about you?

Lastly, it talks about fitness (I do work at that) and weight swing devices.  Superspeed isn't mentioned but I know many of you have tested and use it.  My concern in any of the increase swing speed methods/devices is to avoid aggravating my shoulder and/or elbow.  Nothing will kill the chase for speed like not being able to swing a club at all for awhile 😬.

So especially to the 50+ spies, what are you doing to improve or maintain swing speed?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

58 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just tried using my SwingCaddie SC200 to see if it will register swing speed.  It is showing ss but I don't know how accurate it is?  I think only the SC200 Plus and SC300 models provide accurate ss without actually hitting a ball? Anyone used the SC200 in this manner?  Perhaps it best to do the inverted club drill to help with the wrist cock and release, then just work with the club held normal and either swing through the air or hitting balls?  Anyway, keeping that "wrist cock" and release at impact is important.  I suspect I fail to do this consistently.

If you are not hitting a ball with SC200 the readings can be spotty. But you will be referencing the Ball Speed instead of Swing Speed. I'm not sure what the unit does, but my guess is it uses a smash factor from a specific range depending on the selected club to calculate a "swing speed" since it didn't get a glove. This is how I track swing speed when I use Super Speed sticks. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

Archived