Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

More advertisements on the website: ad-free version?

Bucky CC

Anyone else noticed that there seem to be more and more advertisements in the middle of articles lately?  I'm all for MGS trying to make enough money to keep giving us this fantastic content for free, but it's getting to the point where it's hard to read articles.

Case in point; the most recent ProV1/X article had 12 advertisements plus one that always floats on the bottom of the page.  At one point in the article you have an ad, two lines of content, immediately followed by another ad.

I also hit another ad when I clicked on the Forums link to post something about this.  That totals 14 advertisements just to read one article and then head to the forums.

I know this is probably out of your control @GolfSpy MPR@Golfspy_CG2, and @GolfSpy_THV, but is there any chance we can see an ad-free version of the site for people who make an annual or on-going contribution?

795210788_Screenshot2021-01-21084853.png.5a619a5d2de72f6821ca1a9755e4d73c.png

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

That's weird, I just read that article and I have zero ads other than the little Arccos pop up.  FWIW I'm using Chrome browser and have the AdBlock extension running.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Not sure what you’re reading on, but I find the “reader view” on Apple’s safari browser to be great for reading the articles in the main page. It won’t show any ads until the bottom of at all.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

I find that uBlock Origin in Chrome does the most complete job of ad blocking around.  I'm currently seeing zero ads on the site.

Yep. I've had a couple of ad blockers running on Chrome ever since they started bombarding us with ads a while back and they definitely do the trick. Highly recommend!

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I added an adblocker extension to Chrome and that seems to be doing the trick.

Don't worry MGS, I'm still going to donate so you'll be getting revenue from me!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array F-2

Currently testing the Edel Array putter