Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

$50 increase on PING equipment coming on 9/7

Grand Stranded

I'd heard that the issue price of shipping through the shipping containers as outlined above.  The components are coming from Vietnam and this container costs have gone through the roof.

I'm still waiting on the damn 7-wood ordered June 19th, so I don't really care about the increases as I'm not going to be eager to buy any Ping products for a while given this experience.

image.png.3b883ddb02eed4871ea9eb0079d51e22.png Aerojet LS driver

image.png.5437ebe1f69b3330b39e21119440731c.png G425 Max 5-wood

:ping-small: G425 Max 7-wood

:mizuno-small: Hot Metal 921, 5-GW, UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Graphite

image.png.6d1f61c2c733ddfac4c3094a971ed4fb.png CBX ZipCore Chrome 52* 56* 60* Wedges

:wilson_staff_small: Infinite Buckingham putter

• 4 months later...

Hello all, 

My name is Logan Egleston and I am a business student at KSU and a certified club fitter at Golf Galaxy in Akron, OH, and I can explain why these prices are raised. 

At the first surge of the Omnicron variant, a GLE manufacturing plant in Vietnam that was responsible for production of ladies golf equipment and 425 iron heads was completely shut down. This left Ping in a tight spot, and to try and curb demand for the product Ping raised prices by 10%. It was unclear whether or not at the time that this was a temporary movement, but time has shown that prices have not changed. 

Of course, Ping is on a two year club cycle, and since the initial closing the plant has reopened. However, with other manufacturers raising prices with release of new product, this actually puts Ping woods and game improvement iron heads near the median price range. 

I have been in constant contact with vendors, and have placed hundreds of orders and tracked turnaround time and prudence regarding supply chain issues for each vendor. Below you will find a list of the vendors who offer the best turnaround times for all products on average. 

1. Mizuno

2. Cobra

3. Callaway

4. Cleveland/Srixon

5. TaylorMade

6. Titleist

7. Ping

Additionally, there are other vendors at play here, and the biggest component that causes delays as of late is shafts, specifically KBS. As of now, any KBS shaft is causing delays close to a minimum of 4 months for certain shafts, with the worst cases being up to a year. 

I hope any of this information helps.