Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Catching a little of the Fortinet coverage and they were just sharing this app and Cam Champ on the driving range.  100% chest turn... yea, like that will be me in never 😬.  It did look like a pretty cool training aid though and something one could use to keep track of progress from stretching exercises, swing drills, etc. 

Sportsbox AI

Has anyone looked into or using this?  I just signed up for the free account under the student option and will try and get a swing video uploaded soon.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• 8 months later...

I had a couple of lessons with a guy that uses this but found it was no better than a down the line and front on video on the phone for analysis assuming you have an idea what you’re looking for.  

the concept is great but ultimately it didn’t really help me find the main causes of why my pivot, takeaway and impact had gone so badly off.   

My son got a copy after a lesson with the same guy but ultimately he feels it hasn’t helped him after extensive use.  

We still think a bio mechanical approach is very helpful but the best way to do it still seems to go to someone who has a Gears/force plate type set up and a high level of expertise in diagnosing and fixing using such advanced kit.

Such skilled bio mechanics based coaches with such advanced kit seem very few and far and correspondingly expensive which is not great as well as usually being booked months in advance.  For me it’s probably the next big frontier to be overcome in golf teaching generally and in years to come I hope that advanced PGA teaching pros will have to be highly qualified and skilled in this area.  The Sports box is a gallant attempt to bring better bio mechanical understanding to the golf swing on a potential mass market basis and is not a bad tool but ultimately it hasn’t helped me or my plus handicap son to improve.   

Harv hacker

• 2 months later...

I just signed up for a month of this app. And I find it is somewhat unresponsive to use. The lighting has to be perfect, if it is too bright or too cloudy out it won’t work. And the new DTL mode is a real crap shoot. Drains the heck out of your battery as well when converting 2d to 3d to just find out you didn’t meet their video specs at times. Very annoying and not user friendly for iPhone 13 and 14 users imho. Then they charge $16 a month and you can only covert 12 swings a week to 3d. And it makes up a backswing when it gets beyond 3/4 length. Tons of numbers, and not a lot of info on how to fix the issues in your swing. I also can’t grasp how this would make a 3 d graph of your swing by just filming front on or down the line. How would it know what my body is doing from top down or bottom up. It looks cool. But I think it just guesstimates what they think your body is doing from other angles. Really on the fence on this one. Give it a 6/10 at best