Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

(VIDEO) Mizuno - Gospel According To Luke

GolfSpy_X

I would agree that accuracy and consistency in golf has a lot larger importance over raw distance. What good is 350 in the trees when you make bogey? Look at Bubba Watson for example on Sunday a couple of weeks ago, off the tee on the driver he was all over the course didn't score that well as a result and lost the tournament.

I think that if you are a 5 handicap or better then the thing that separates you is course management, short game and putting. Ball striking is easy for a 5 or better. Majority of the time on tour a player will lead the GIR and/or putting strokes per GIR when leading the tournament. They will also probably have the best save percentage a lot of times.

If a course is a par 72 with 4 par 5s, if you birdie all par 5s and par everything else that is a 4 under 68. Not a bad score, to get to the 65 range it is normally short par 4s that give the additional boost in scoring opportunities. Sometimes a short par 3 offers a scoring opportunity as well.

However, there is always the male ego that gets involved and that is what TM and other companies with claims of distance have taken the approach of appealing to, I don't want to hit anything longer, I don't need to.

I want to have reliable consistency and control. Mizuno makes a good product that offers players this option in wedges and irons. I am probably going to be getting Mizuno MP-T11 wedges as from what I have been reviewing and testing they work the best for me and feel great.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

This may be a first. A golf commercial that is witty, makes me want to investigate there product, and is 100 percent accurate. I loved it. Kudos Mizuno.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Played my first round of the year with MP60s in the bag and they were not long or accurate. According to Mizuno that must be an issue with the guy swinging the club which we all know could not be possible :)

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I like it........just picked up some used MP-53's and am really kicking @#$% with them.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

how many times have i outdrove senior players by more than 100 yards but have a final score that is not significantly better. u cant be more correct St Luke

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

Everything said in the video is true. It's ironic however that Mizuno is the sponsor since far too many mid-handicap players game their MP series irons and end up hurting their score rather than helping it in the process.

I can't tell how many times I've seen their pretty blades in the bag of a player that had no business hitting them in the first place.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived