Livestream with BGT.,,,

McGolf

If this is no allowed please pull it however, we do a live-stream every Monday at 530 pm eastern discussing golf equipment repairs, fitting etc This Monday we are talking with the  folks from BGT - breakthrough golf technology. Talking how the group got started and the idea behind the shafts, stability, ZNE and the new driver shaft.

http://www.youtube.com/mcgolfcustomclubs

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

This should be good. I’m gonna hit their Brava driver shaft in a couple hours. 

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Let me know what you thought

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

4 hours ago, McGolf said:

Let me know what you thought

Maiden voyage was very good. The BGT Brava X driver shaft was paired with the Ping g430 lst. The waggle feel is very similar to the Autoflex. Everyone knows that feeling when you give the new driver/shaft combo a little waggle and you see the shaft flex back and forth. First thought was how am I gonna keep this from going left on me, however after the first swing that thought was gone. Yes I still turned it over easily but no where near hooking it. 
There is what feels like considerable flex in the shaft until the downswing. It’s has a perfect for me kick while actually feeling really stable. I did hit one high toe and there was no twisting of the head or snap hooking. It’s strange as I have never felt anything like it. 

One thing I did notice was when I moved the weight towards the toe. It created considerable toe droop that changed the feel and caused me to hit the ground before the ball. After 3 swings of the same thing I moved the weight back to center and all was right with the world. 

Distance was hard to judge but the numbers were close to what I see on the course. I plan on getting some actual numbers tomorrow after work before my first official league matchup.  

Now the biggest surprise was spin and launch from this combo. I was consistently in the 12* launch and 2300-2500 range. Heck Yeah!  I don’t have numbers yet from a competitor shaft as the only other shaft I hit(yesterday) was an Autoflex 505(20* launch, 3000-3300 spin). Not the 505xx which would be closer in fit. 

Overall I’m very excited about this combo moving forward.  I didn’t expect massive swing speed gains because I already played a 50g class shaft and ain’t getting any younger lol. But if I can get this feel with a slight uptick in fairways hit while living in the 265-285 yard range, sign me up!  

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

sounds like you found a great combo. 

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

after talking with the guys at BGT. Sounds like they are off to a great start for a small company. 

The putter shaft seems to be doing well, I have one on the bench for testing, we know the wedge shaft can work and now for the driver shaft. probably a bit later when the swing comes back but black and gold seemed like it during his fitting

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Finally got the first night of winter sim league done. We played the back 9 at The Old Course.  Opponents had a scheduling conflict on Monday.  The G430 lst/BGT Brava X combo continues to shine.  Drove the par 4 12th to 30 ft and made the eagle for a nice skin.   They are wide fairways but I only missed one.