What's your opinion about PING G425 vs G410?

Luke James

Hey there!

As a golfer with four years of experience, I can tell you that both the Ping G425 and G410 drivers are great options, but the G425 has some advantages that make it a better choice for me.

One of the main benefits of the G425 driver is its larger, more forgiving clubhead. As a golfer who doesn't always hit the ball perfectly, having a driver that's more forgiving gives me the confidence to swing freely without worrying about a mishit ruining my shot. Plus, the G425's faster face means I can hit the ball farther, which is always a plus.

Another feature that I love about the G425 driver is the adjustable hosel. This allows me to tweak the loft and lie of the club to fit my swing and preferences, giving me more control over my shots. And let's face it, every golfer knows how important that is!

Lastly, the G425's aerodynamic design helps me achieve faster clubhead speeds and more distance, which is always a plus. Overall, I'm a big fan of the G425 driver, and I think it's a great choice for any golfer who wants a forgiving, customizable, and powerful driver that can help them achieve their best shots.

image (1).png

14 minutes ago, Luke James said:

Hey there!

As a golfer with four years of experience, I can tell you that both the Ping G425 and G410 drivers are great options, but the G425 has some advantages that make it a better choice for me.

One of the main benefits of the G425 driver is its larger, more forgiving clubhead. As a golfer who doesn't always hit the ball perfectly, having a driver that's more forgiving gives me the confidence to swing freely without worrying about a mishit ruining my shot. Plus, the G425's faster face means I can hit the ball farther, which is always a plus.

Another feature that I love about the G425 driver is the adjustable hosel. This allows me to tweak the loft and lie of the club to fit my swing and preferences, giving me more control over my shots. And let's face it, every golfer knows how important that is!

Lastly, the G425's aerodynamic design helps me achieve faster clubhead speeds and more distance, which is always a plus. Overall, I'm a big fan of the G425 driver, and I think it's a great choice for any golfer who wants a forgiving, customizable, and powerful driver that can help them achieve their best shots.

Have you had a chance to try the G430?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

As mentioned by @Golfspy_Lukesthe 430 was a massive improvement on sound than the 425. Even with my 425 lst hot melted the 430 without was better. 

On top of that ball speed and spin were more consistent. 425 was decent but everything about the 430 was better for me

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

12 minutes ago, Luke James said:

@GolfSpy_APH I haven't tried hands on experience with G430 but I am still checking the reviews to get a better idea. Do let me know if you have any references or would love to share your opinion on this. 

Haven't hit it yet. No LH demos available to hit at the local shop. Hoping maybe next week. There is a demo G425 on for 300 I believe. Maybe I will demo that if it's still there and put it against the G430 when they get it and report back. 

I didn't love the G410 vs the G400 and didn't gravitate towards the G425 vs others. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

15 minutes ago, Luke James said:

Ohk @GolfSpy_APH I look forward for it. But, other than Ping what do prefer? 

Currently have TSi3 as gamer. However PXG and Callaway are making a run for that spot as well this year. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Haven’t hit the G430 yet, but imo the 425 sounded worse than the 410. I gamed the 410 LST for 2 years; sound was ok on centered strikes, but sounded like hitting a steel drum with an aluminum bat on off center strikes. I got over it because it kept my drives on the planet, lol.

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

I didn't hit the G430 yet but most video and stats out there at the moment shows a small increase in ball speed, on MGS test.

G425 max ball speed average was : 140.86

G430 max ball speed average was : 142.20

G425 LST  ball speed average was : not in the test from this year.

G430 LST ball speed average was : 143.20

Around 1-2% increase in ball speed for the 430 vs the 425. MOST other video I saw out there everyone had a ball speed increase around 1-3% (2% increase for people around 95-110 mph swing speed) over that speed increase was a little higher...) It's not much but with better sound ( and I don't really care about sound BUT people tend to look you funny after a drive sometimes ) Only drawback I've seen is a little less forgiving (hard to quantifies ) and for some people it spin a little bit more, again in the range of a 0.5 to 1% increased spin. Also ping changed some of their shaft option this year so it might be worth a test if you use their default shaft. I know I will give them a try soon enough