Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Putter Alignment Color

treeleaf20

I've struggled with getting proper alignment with my putter for awhile. I think I've finally settled on a Seemore Nashville MFGP SS Blade Black because it has the alignment line on the top and with a blade which I like better than a mallet. The initial white paint on the alignment line chipped off. I've read previously that red stands out the best against the green so I'm debating using red instead of the initial white to try it but not sure if it will be too visually distracting. Does anyone have any recommendations on what color to use for the easiest visual alignment? I'm assuming it's personal preference but not sure if there is any science behind it really.

40 minutes ago, treeleaf20 said:

I've struggled with getting proper alignment with my putter for awhile. I think I've finally settled on a Seemore Nashville MFGP SS Blade Black because it has the alignment line on the top and with a blade which I like better than a mallet. The initial white paint on the alignment line chipped off. I've read previously that red stands out the best against the green so I'm debating using red instead of the initial white to try it but not sure if it will be too visually distracting. Does anyone have any recommendations on what color to use for the easiest visual alignment? I'm assuming it's personal preference but not sure if there is any science behind it really.

I haven’t seen any studies on the color of the putters alignment line; I am sure they are out there somewhere.   Most studies focus on the type, number, length, and placement of the aids.   The red discussion I saw was more about the color of the head and not the line itself.   
id say you are correct that it is personal preference and since it is easy to change, you can experiment and see if a different color helps.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I went with red & green on my putter as a trial. I've got a set of 8 G-Paints so can change it easy enough. Seems OK so far 👍

original_d943b9d5-f47b-4ee3-aec8-8b406e649ffc_20230406_094130.jpg.4f9b9050dcc7ed7544d5e79c90dca1ff.jpg

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..